Provape can i adjust with watts instead of volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Didn't I mention different wick materials? Are you not able to comprehend what you're reading?

I'm not knocking the overly vaunted Provari. What I'm saying is that without adjustment to the market it will be left behind and become a well constructed and warrantied piece of history. So argue with Ohm's Law as well as consumer marketing.

Oh yeah - Ohm's Law has nothing to do with how vapor is produced? Are you kidding!? I don't need to argue with you. You have already defeated yourself.

Make a coil for a Genesis type atty, use tightly wound coils on it. Build another with the same amount of wire and coils so it's the same resistance - wrap it loosely this time.
They'll be exactly the same resistance but the vapor production, taste,etc will be completely different.

Variable wattage won't take all those variables into account - it's just a setting.

After all this post your findings without being rude and arrogant.

Last edited:

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Whatever you use your gonna dial in a spot. What I like about the vw is switching what's on top. I don't have to worry about going from a low ohm to a 3.0 ohm rba, clearo or whatever, I can just vape without fear of burning liquid or blowing a coil. I tend to forget the little details sometimes when vaping. Just plug and play. It is an upgrade as it adds utility to a device. The next upgrade will be a vapor detector combined with adjustment features like fluid pumps, auto coil adjustments and air feed control.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's no different than a dimmer switch for your house that operates in lumens mode or voltage variance. Yes, you could change the bulb from 60 watts to 100 wats and get the same brilliance without touching the dimmer switch, but I guarantee you that someone will come along and twist the knob to change it anyway!

How about a car radio that operates in decibel mode or the normal 1, 2, 3, 4 digital reading that we all see on the display? It's still a knob that we rotate to taste. You wife would still get in the car and say it's too loud. ;)

I'm going to order a Vamo soon, but it will be for a featured, low cost backup for my Provari. And, a new toy.

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Whatever you use your gonna dial in a spot. What I like about the vw is switching what's on top. I don't have to worry about going from a low ohm to a 3.0 ohm rba, clearo or whatever, I can just vape without fear of burning liquid or blowing a coil. I tend to forget the little details sometimes when vaping. Just plug and play. It is an upgrade as it adds utility to a device. The next upgrade will be a vapor detector combined with adjustment features like fluid pumps, auto coil adjustments and air feed control.

If all atties/cartos acted in exactly the same way with the same resistance and voltage then VW would be great - they don't though.
Some devices burn a lot easier than others.

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
If all atties/cartos acted in exactly the same way with the same resistance and voltage then VW would be great - they don't though.
Some devices burn a lot easier than others.
Granted, but by and large the vw offers more protection in this area as the voltage is automatically reduced with lower ohms, and then you dial it in, if needed. Juices behave differently as well. Which is the upgrade after next. A flavor detector with the auto voltage adjustment for tartare, rare, medium, well done, and burnt.

greenman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Maryland
Indidentally, if and when Provari decide to produce a variable wattage version - I won't bother upgrading.
VW does nothing that you can't do manually with VV - there's nothing intelligent or magic about it.

I agree, I personally have no interest in a vw provari. I doubt Provape's hurting either.

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
If the burner on my frying pan is to high I turn down the flame, unless I want crispy eggs. I've never "blown a coil" on anything and I've experimented with every type of carto, clearomizer, etc, etc. Juice is tasting burnt? I turn it down a bit. That is the beauty of VV. I adjust it to taste/vapor production. I see VW as just the latest toy/gimmick to try something new and experiment. Experimentation is good. It's how we discover new things, and better ways of doing things. However after being tried and tested, if it isn't better then the existing method it's back to the drawing board. That's how I feel about V W. It works. but not really any better than VV.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Of course Provari will make a VW mod. There is no reason not to -this business is all about marketing. We are all buying ..... we don't need based on spin. It is the way of the world.

I think you are in the minority in this belief. Although VW might be a nice add-on feature for future Provari's, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for most current owners of Provari's that it would prompt them to rush out to get theirs upgraded or purchase the latest model just for VW. Just based on the commentary in this thread, many believe VW to be a gimmick that has limited if any usefulness for them.

Provape probably knows their target base better than you do, thus why you haven't seen a VW option from Provape to this point in time. I'm certain that they could offer it if they wanted to. Their focus historically has been to focus on durability, consistancy, practicality, safety, and customer service; not bells and whistles.

Even the people who admit that they bought something else than a Provari because it didn't have VW, some of those have admitted that they rarely use VW once they have tried it. A couple people in this thread have admitted that.

And for those who claim that they will never buy a Provari until it has VW, don't hold your breath. I think many who put that claim out really aren't interested in a Provari to begin with, and just use that as an excuse to bash the company for not offering the bells and whistles that they see the Chinese mods offer.

DirkBongo said:
Incidentally, if and when Provari decide to produce a variable wattage version - I won't bother upgrading.
VW does nothing that you can't do manually with VV - there's nothing intelligent or magic about it.
DaveP said:
It's no different than a dimmer switch for your house that operates in lumens mode or voltage variance. Yes, you could change the bulb from 60 watts to 100 wats and get the same brilliance without touching the dimmer switch, but I guarantee you that someone will come along and twist the knob to change it anyway!
DirkBongo said:
greenman said:
I agree, I personally have no interest in a vw provari. I doubt Provape's hurting either.
Pentarth said:
Juice is tasting burnt? I turn it down a bit. That is the beauty of VV. I adjust it to taste/vapor production. I see VW as just the latest toy/gimmick to try something new and experiment. Experimentation is good. It's how we discover new things, and better ways of doing things. However after being tried and tested, if it isn't better then the existing method it's back to the drawing board. That's how I feel about V W. It works. but not really any better than VV.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Bells and whistles are nice, especially if they come t little or no extra charge. I'd like to have a car stereo that senses when my cell phone rings and cuts the volume automatically.

Most of us are used to the voltage settings it takes to handle various resistances and juices. There's no be all, end all vaping solution at this point in the technology curve. The more complicated you make it, the fewer features the masses will use.

I'm trying to find ways to help my elderly mother understand her Cox Advanced HD Cable TV and the new Windows 7 computer I gave her a year ago for Christmas. I found out that the explicit instructions she wrote down for her old HP with XP don't work under Win 7. Heck, now I have to go through every step again and let her write down how to do everything she needs to do ... again. She doesn't absorb concepts and surely isn't able to extrapolate tasks from one OS to another.

My Dad asked me once, "Don't they make a TV with an on-off switch and a channel knob anymore?". I had given him a TV with an electronic tuner for Christmas to use with his Cox cable. It took him a while to figure it out. That was before HDMI and he kept forgetting that it had to stay on channel 3 to watch cable.

I think some people would rather have an ecig with few bells and whistles. I hear people complaining about multiple button presses. For the rest of us, snazzy new tech is wonderful. My life has been centered around diving into high tech and conquering it.

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
That's a sucker bet. No way I'd take it. :D

I'll bet you a hot fudge sundae that two years from now Provape will still be selling Provari's dang near as fast as they are now. There will always be a large market for a durable, consistant, and reliable mod that can be sent in for repairs. Eventually wiser people will get tired of buying the cheaper Chinese mods that might as well be considered semi-disposable. Once they are broken...they're broken forever.

Take a mechanical mod like the Silver Bullet. It basically hasn't changed in 3-4 years since it first hit the market, and Altsmoke still has to bust its .... to keep up with demand. The high quality, reputable mods that have great customer support will always be in demand.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
When I want the fewest bells & whistles, I use my EA. I do have to change the battery more frequently but that's it's drawback.
When I want consistency, I use my 'Vari. I do check the ohms & then set the voltage. Battery life is much better.
If I'm lazy &/or been drinking, I'll grab my Vamo. No matter what I screw on top, it'll crank out the preselected watts.
My MVP is strictly for work. I have 2 Chobras set-up at the same resistance, so I know the 'sweet spot' & swap between my morning vape (Crazy Coffee Craving) and my afternoon vape (Nemo). No problemo!
I have my Twists set @ 4-4.2V for the 1.8-2Ω coils for my evening 'variety' vape. Again, no problem.

My Tox & box mods are different beasts, and therefore don't get as much vaping time, but I'll take them out in sketchy situations because I won't be ....-hurt if something happen to them. :D

Every mod in my arsenal has a purpose, and I use them as intended/necessary.
My dos centavos.

kewlceo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2009
L.A. California

That's my favorite part of the Vamo, "set it and forget it."

BTW: You look awfully familiar... :lol:

bt3849

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
LA
Many times I'm with friend trying each other's different flavors in different clearos. He screws on the tank and vape right away with his set voltage on the Sigelei. I check resistant for each and every clearo and adjust my voltage accordingly on my provari before I take the first puff. He laughed at me at this tedious process of clicking more than 10+ times before I can do anything but I don't really mind. Do I wish my Provari has this a VW for situation like this? Yes. Does it bother me a lot? Nah. Just a little bit. lol.

I think it's a good guess that provape will introduce VW on V3.0 (or whatever next version is) and that will give me a valid excuse to pick up my 2nd Provai. :)

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Indidentally, if and when Provari decide to produce a variable wattage version - I won't bother upgrading.
I have a ProV, an EA and a Vamo.

Of the 3 my most consistant, best tasting vape, for me is the Vamo in VW. Same juice delivery system (Kanger T3) on the ProV or the Vamo, I prefer the Vamo at 6 watts. I can't replicate the results on the ProV at 4 volts. I've tried, it's just not as good to me.

Of course it could be that I'm just a cheap date. I also don't get the flavor from my Penelope that everyone else claims to get from theirs.

So for me, a ProV and a Penelope have been 2 of the biggest wastes of money (excluding bad juices)for me as a vaper, but everyone has different tastes and as long as you find what you like, who cares what someone else enjoys?

The EA and the ProV are now relegated to Genisis atty holders as that seems to be what they work best for for me. VW is irrelevant for a Genesis as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread