Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenVictoria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2010
SoCal, USA
Seriously, nothing else is in the ball park. I can't stop thinking about getting a mini. I have the batteries already and my little eGos I use for work just don't seem as satisfying any more. And all my other mods pale in comparison. But, I just dropped a chunk of change on sleeves and rings and tanks for my regular size one. With all the other expenses of the holiday season, I just can't swing it right now. I guess I'll have to wait until my birthday in a couple months to pull the trigger. But really one is just not enough.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I think it's a choice between whether you like the smaller size vs the battery power of the larger size. Personally, I like the largest size (18650 extension) best. But plenty of people here like the smallest size possible. For me, the combo of biggest with the longest life battery was the best way to go... but hands down the teardrop design on the mini is cuter. So get both:).

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
I have both the mini and the standard. I use the mini daily, and the standard if I'm not going to be home for a while as the 500 lasts me a lot longer than the 350. With the extension cap you can put a 500 in the mini though and a 650 in the standard. The 650 in the standard lasts me like three days.

I have a nice black satin standard in the classifieds right now actually. I just ended up with too many of these bad Larry's. I am happy having one standard and one mini in my arsenal.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I purchased the mini with a pair of tatroe rings, mainly because I prefer the original cap to the solid color Provape extensions. I use it in the 18650 size at home and then reduce it to the 18350 size when I'm going out for a few hours, since it fits better in a pocket or bag that way. For me personally, that's the ultimate in convenience.

Colleen T

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
South Carolina
I would recommend Minis because they are more versatile, to my thinking.

I agree.:) I have a regular and a mini and have the extensions for both. My regular is used at home most of the time. My mini goes with me everywhere. I use the extension on the mini at home and have the regular end cap on it when out and about. If (or should I say when?:laugh:) I purchase another it will be a mini.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I agree.:) I have a regular and a mini and have the extensions for both. My regular is used at home most of the time. My mini goes with me everywhere. I use the extension on the mini at home and have the regular end cap on it when out and about. If (or should I say when?:laugh:) I purchase another it will be a mini.
Plus, they just look better than the regulars.

I mean, the old version regulars had plain old lines (YAWN) and apparently nobody likes the newer "crop circle" design....lol

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'd also suggest the mini, even in the 18500 size it's still 1/4" shorter than the full size in with the same battery! I can drop the mini into my pocket T and go, it's right there where my smokes used to be! The FS is too large to do this with, it gets top heavy and wants to fall out. A buddy of mine has a plethora of them but his daily user is still his first black mini!
Also, as others have said, with the twins, the tatroe rings, or the Kir Fanis extension, you can make the mini go from 18350 to 18650, you can't make the FS smaller!
I also agree the mini looks cooler, and I'm a guy!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Would you recommend someone new to ProVari's to get a regular or mini for their first?

With the full size ProVari, there is only the 18490/18500 or the 18650 with an extension as options.
With the Mini, you can use 18350, or 18490/18500 with the extension cap. If you add a Tatroe ring or Atmistique's The Twins (telescopic extension) you can get the same functionality as the full size ProVari in 18650 mode.

As others have said, the mini is more versatile than the full size.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I only have the mini and personally I don't ever see myself getting any thing other than the minis and it's because they are oh so versatile with the different kinds of extent ion tubes. I really like the petite size of the mini. I will be getting an 18650 extention tube for it though since I do have plenty of 18650 batteries. It would be perfect for around the house. One battery in the mini lasts me almost all day long. For me, that's about 5:30am to 4:00pm. I also don't mind carrying an extra battery or two with me either. The batteries are small enough to not even notice them in my purse, so it really isn't a big deal at all to me. So, just minis for me, for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread