Provari in the mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California

PBusardo's review is an older version, not the one at gotvapes.com. I think they've modified it since. For instance, you don't have to stab your wick to fill, there is an opening for that. A few other changes as well. It's an rba, and as such may not even function when you get it new. I'm not saying it's great; I ordered it and should know more tomorrow.
I'm starting to get excited since my Provari is not far from here and should arrive tomorrow! woot!

Last edited:

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I think your right but I have no ideal what is different with the updated version. Looking forward to hearing how it works out.

The verdict is IN. Now, keeping in mind, this is my first true RBA. That said.. I'm very happy with gotvapes.com's Smoktech Hyper SRT II. (See link previously posted) I couldn't tell you the quality of the silica wick and wire; I don't do silica. First thing I did was rip that out. I can say that the holes for the silica wick looked adequately large enough, but not large enough for my #1/0 cotton braid wick so I enlarged them. This version is NOT the one that PBusardo quick tested. No wick stabbing necessary; there is a separate opening to add fluid (next to the wick and coil) It's a bit close, but I'm able to fill with a 10ml plastic bottle without distubing the wick. the top is not metal like in the video; it is polypropylene, exactly the reason I wanted to try this particular RBA. Also apparently with the older version you could turn it upside down, slide the plastic toward the mouthpiece and fill. Not so with this version. It is sandwiched between the top plate and the lower base plate. No leaking at all so far, but we'll see how it goes in the long run. much lower air resistance than any of the novas that I have; I'd guess and say 3-4 times more. Once I got the right voltage dialed in, this thing rocked my world! I've never experienced tastes so rich, or TH so strong.. made me cough and dizzy after a few minutes.. and again, keep in mind this is my first few hours of having a provari and the RBA so I only have my vivis to compare against.
I did take it to my father to let him give it a spin. He's been vaping for at least two years now and he was very impressed and ordered one himself. Well, that's all I can think to share so feel free to ask anything I may have forgotten.. for a RBA in the 20 dollar range, it worth it in my humble somewhat easily amused opinion :)

Thought I'd add that I've noticed when vaping there's a distinct sound of air rushing. Nothing crazy, but definitely louder than my novas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread