ProVari Stealth Mini v2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Please don't get me wrong. I want one, and will probably order one for Christmas, as I have no doubt that round #3 will be coming out soon. But what I am curious about is H2O's connection. He/she doesn't know what the special finish is, but can add warranty info to the website. No offense, but what's the deal? :)

best regards, larry mac

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Please don't get me wrong. I want one, and will probably order one for Christmas, as I have no doubt that round #3 will be coming out soon. But what I am curious about is H2O's connection. He/she doesn't know what the special finish is, but can add warranty info to the website. No offense, but what's the deal? :)

best regards, larry mac

None taken, actually kind of amusing. Why didn't you ask me directly? I am not the manufacture, nor do I need to explain myself. Never stated I personally will add anything. Perhaps, reading too much into it, or maybe overly literal? Has this helped understand the deal? :pop:

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Standard Provari Warranty. Will add the warranty info to the site. :)

This is what had me wondering I guess. I just got the impression from several previous posts that you knew a lot about the Stealth Provari. The "go to" guy (or gal) with the inside info for anything we want/need to know. Except what the special coating was. It just seemed like you were able and eager to answer many questions, but were avoiding answering that particular question. Perhaps I am reading too much into it. If so, I apologize.

I still would like to know about the finish. Specifically, what makes it better, or more desirable than the regular black satin finish? Hey, if it's just a matter of it's darker, or shinier, or flatter, or it just looks better, that's fine with me. I'm not expecting it to stop a bullet. lol. :)

best regards, larry mac

p.s., and I am asking you directly. You asked for it, so I'm calling you out baby. Whatch you got? lol. :)

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I'm not the go to gal, but I honestly don't see a a difference in the finish between my black standard mini and the Stealth mini when looking at them side-by-side.

Oh I beg to differ. You are the go to gal. The Queen of the forum IMO!

best regards, larry mac

p.s., thank you for the answer my Queen!

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I'm not the go to gal, but I honestly don't see a a difference in the finish between my black standard mini and the Stealth mini when looking at them side-by-side.

I think the only difference from the stealth and the black (or any other modern Provari ) is that the polished top cap and the battery cap has been painted flat black, the window for the LED is darkened smoked plastic and the firing button is opaque. I don't think they refinish the body.

I could be wrong.

It happens.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your vaping Rights!

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I am but a princess. :) There were posts along these lines earlier in this thread.

Oh sorry if I missed it. I only saw the ones that were speculative, anecdotal, or otherwise non-definitive. None from the manufacturer, or H2O.

Somehow, I got the impression that they did something to the finish. Perhaps that was erroneous.

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Oh sorry if I missed it. I only saw the ones that were speculative, anecdotal, or otherwise non-definitive. None from the manufacturer, or H2O.

best regards, larry mac

And it was complete speculation. H2o's suggestion was to contact VF and ask, but I don't care enough. :)

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
This is what had me wondering I guess. I just got the impression from several previous posts that you knew a lot about the Stealth Provari. The "go to" guy (or gal) for anything we want to know. Except what the special coating was. It just seemed like you were able and eager to answer many questions, but were avoiding answering that particular question. Perhaps I am reading too much into it. If so, I apologize.

I still would like to know about the finish. Specifically, what makes it better, or more desirable than the regular black satin finish? Hey, if it's just a matter of it's darker, or shinier, or flatter, or it just looks better, that's fine with me. I'm not expecting it to stop a bullet lol. :)

best regards, larry mac

p.s., and I am asking you directly. You asked for it, so I'm calling you out baby. Whatch you got? lol. :)

Oh yeah!

Chair_Throw.gif

This is a forum. A place where Q&A's are welcomed, and where some have more information on
specific items than others. Myself in particular, happened to own and used the Stealth mini a while before
it became available to the public; so, yes I can answer a few questions about it. I happen to know the owner of the company personally, and my be able to interact with him quicker than a web based customer might (most of the time, lol) like a quick answer to the warranty question. As for the Stealths particulars, I.e. "special coating" "Specifically, what makes it better, or more desirable than the regular black satin finish, or if it's just a matter of it's darker, or shinier, or flatter, or it just looks better"....things of that nature, one should ask the manufacturer. A person or persons in an open forum clearly not listed as a supplier/retailer wouldn't be an ideal start for true technical specs . I personally, never really needed to know, I am not the curious. If I go to purchase a new cool play car, things I want to know.... are, is it safe, is it cool, can I afford it? Yes, yes, and yes. Don't need to know the grade of paint that was used. But, in all fairness....that's just me. Everyone is entitled to Q&A. If you find out the technical feel free to share your findings with others that may have the same curiosity. And hellz no, please don't expect it to stop a bullet lol!

Cheers -

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
There was the ever-so-slightest difference between my black & stealth, but you'd really have to study it over to even notice. Whether that's from a different coating or simply being from a different batch, I couldn't say. It was so close that they were nearly identical.

It might be the batch. My full sized Stealth is a tiny bit darker than the Stealth mini, but you can only tell when they are side-by-side.

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I'm not so sure about the "toughness" of the stealth coating...
I dropped my extended end cap on the floor of my locomotive the other night, maybe a four foot fall at best, and chipped the coating off in a small area. The floor is a some of laminate type flooring, not hard metal or anything.

For something that's supposed to be tough, I didn't imagine it would chip so easy.

Oh well...life goes on. I just say it has some "character" now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread