Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not so sure about the "toughness" of the stealth coating...
I dropped my extended end cap on the floor of my locomotive the other night, maybe a four foot fall at best, and chipped the coating off in a small area. The floor is a some of laminate type flooring, not hard metal or anything.

For something that's supposed to be tough, I didn't imagine it would chip so easy.

Oh well...life goes on. I just say it has some "character" now...

Considering the listing says, "We've made the finish more durable" you might want to contact them. At least just to let them know. :rolleyes:

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I'm thinking I may do that.
The chip is really small, but it's still a chip...and it kind of disappointed me that it chipped so easily.
The flooring is a thin but tough/rough rubber layer over metal. No harder per say than my kitchen laminate flooring over concrete...and I sure wouldn't expect it to be chipped it I dropped it at home.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Happy Friday to me! My full sized stealth just got here! Man this thing's smaller than I thought, don't think I want a mini now! I was going to get a silver mini on cyber Monday but may just get another full sized. That tank is also from Vapor Force but I think I just ruined the carto that came with it because I smelled something burning when I checked the ohm's on it. Apparently it fire's when you do that? Oh well, I'm happy with it & need to go play with it! LOL

Attachments

• 20131129_153341.jpg
    20131129_153341.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 409

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Happy Friday to me! My full sized stealth just got here! Man this thing's smaller than I thought, don't think I want a mini now! I was going to get a silver mini on cyber Monday but may just get another full sized. That tank is also from Vapor Force but I think I just ruined the carto that came with it because I smelled something burning when I checked the ohm's on it. Apparently it fire's when you do that? Oh well, I'm happy with it & need to go play with it! LOL

Yeah, it can fire but it should not have burned out the carto. Probably a bad carto.
Pretty sweet setup!

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Looking good man! I dig the smoked out tank. I had the same idea regarding the minis, but I ordered mine (Stealth mini) with the extension cap & it's just a hair shorter than my full size. I dig it. Doubt the non-extended cap will get any use at all. Yeah, it fire's briefly when you check your battery or atty, but it shouldn't be enough to fry anything. Have fun with it!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

Did you try to check the ohms of a dry carto? The ProVari checks resistance "under load," meaning that it fires to get a reading. Despite what others have posted, I know of incidences where a dry carto has burned up when reading the ohms.

Congratulations!!

wybc.jpg

gigm.jpg

Last edited:

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Did you try to check the ohms of a dry carto? The ProVari checks resistance "under load," meaning that it fires to get a reading. Despite what others have posted, I know of incidences where a dry carto has burned up when reading the ohms.
Congratulations!!
wybc.jpg
gigm.jpg
Yep, dry as a bone.... LOL

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yep, dry as a bone.... LOL

I got the worst dry hit of my life off a carto I grabbed thinking it was primed. There was a terrifying nano-second when I realized my mouth was wasn't full of vapor it was full of smoke - the coil even popped. It hurt so bad I was surprised I didn't cough up blood. Shredded is the word that comes to mind. It was a 1.8Ω plain carto on a bottom-feeder with a fresh battery. I could taste burnt polyfill for a couple of days. It was the first and last time I used a carto without a tank.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

Congratulations!!

Enough with the cult pics here, please. Yes dry cartos are the worst. Yuck.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Enough with the cult pics here, please. Yes dry cartos are the worst. Yuck.

I think people excited about their new ProVari are amused by a lighthearted welcome, but since it seems to bother you, I won't welcome anyone on this thread again.

Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I have a couple of these now and like them. They are 22 with pyrex glass tanks. The caps are anodized and the colors are nice. I am going to order a couple more at 20.00 off. Great price!

I was looking at these tanks and did not see much desription.....diameter? Are the caps plastic,anodized, ss? If anyone could share info, I would appreciate as I have never purchased these tanks!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Don't have a stealth (yet) but I have a black mini. And I keep wishing there was a black extension RING, so you could run an 18650 on a mini. There USED to be one (3rd party) but they had all kinds of trouble with the finish not being up to par, so they don't sell it any more. I STILL don't get why ProVape doesn't sell ProRings (for the cap) and extension rings, color and finish-matched...

Looking good man! I dig the smoked out tank. I had the same idea regarding the minis, but I ordered mine (Stealth mini) with the extension cap & it's just a hair shorter than my full size. I dig it. Doubt the non-extended cap will get any use at all. Yeah, it fire's briefly when you check your battery or atty, but it shouldn't be enough to fry anything. Have fun with it!

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I think people excited about their new ProVari are amused by a lighthearted welcome, but since it seems to bother you, I won't welcome anyone on this thread again.

By all means everyone is welcomed, along with meet & greets! However a few have expressed that the "cult" style pics
do not have the same humorous meaning to them. So to keep the harmony here, I had to say something. This does not necessarily mean, that it offends me personally.

play nice in here

No trouble here classwife, thanks for the reminder that the threads are being monitored. We appreciate it! :)

Don't have a stealth (yet) but I have a black mini. And I keep wishing there was a black extension RING, so you could run an 18650 on a mini. There USED to be one (3rd party) but they had all kinds of trouble with the finish not being up to par, so they don't sell it any more. I STILL don't get why ProVape doesn't sell ProRings (for the cap) and extension rings, color and finish-matched...

That would be an awesome ProVape accessory! +1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread