Provari. Too Good To Be True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about it other than people complaining it doesn't do VW. That's like complaining your car won't fly...it's not suppose to.

So as for the things it is suppose to do does anyone have any complaints. I'm especially looking to see if anyone has had one fail in a short period of time as seems to be the problem with so much of the stuff coming out of China.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
mine is a version 1(never sent it in for upgrade) and is more than 2 years old...it has been put through the ringer and still works like the day i bought it.... it fell out of my pocket once while mowing the lawn and was ran over and hurled probably a hundred yards.....has been dropped thousands of times. you can not kill these things, they are built like tanks, and if you do they fix it for realtively cheap.

cigzag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Northern Indiana
As with anything made on this planet by human beings, your going to have problems. The Provari is no exception to this rule. What really matters is those problems are scarce and when they do arise then they are taken care of by the manufacturer. The link posted by the previous poster does indeed show a purchaser who experienced trouble but if you read through the entire thread, his issue was resolved.

I'm by no means a Provari boy but I am indeed satisfied thus far with my mini. Great vape and excellent performance throughout the batteries life till it depletes. Is other mods menu system easier ? Certainly but I find no extra nuisance navigating the Provari menu. Subjective to each individual ....

While I still enjoy my Vamo from time to time, I can notice it's quirks when the battery starts to deplete and find myself tuning the wattage every so slightly higher.

I guess for me I am more than satisfied with the money I spent for this Provari and would do it over again if I ever lose this one.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about it other than people complaining it doesn't do VW. That's like complaining your car won't fly...it's not suppose to.

So as for the things it is suppose to do does anyone have any complaints. I'm especially looking to see if anyone has had one fail in a short period of time as seems to be the problem with so much of the stuff coming out of China.

Uh, Provari are made here in the USA.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Been using my V2 for a year or so. A stand out in build quality. Never had a single hiccup with it. I know that if there is ever a problem., there's a US company with a solid service reputation behind it. It's no disposable, that's for sure. That said, Evic's been getting all my love lately. VW does matter, at least to me. Come on Provape, time to step it up!

Calicam

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I have a Mini v2.5

It is perfect in every way except I personally don't like the tiny button. That's my only gripe.

It works great in high ohm, high voltage configurations. It also works great all the way down to .9ohms per my current setup. I run an IGO-L with two twisted 32awg kanthal wires. 3/4 wrap. Puts out around 3.44amps at 3.1V. If I crank it to 3.2V it errors out.

Awesome example of quality AMERICAN design.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Provari is almost 100% American made and parts. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

The ProVape Team Interview - Spinfuel Magazine | Spinfuel Magazine

Yes, you will pay more up front for a Provari. From that you will be investing not only in a PV, but a company. Provape will continue to service a broken or non-functioning Provari for as long as you own it. Try finding another variable voltage PV that offers that sense of security. Once your China-born PV breaks or stops working, consider it a disposable because the Chinese manufacturers don't do repairs. So buy once, cry once; regret it, never.

You'll also be hard pressed to find a better manufactured PV, with the absolute best of materials available; that is as dependable and consistant as the Provari.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Really? You think so? Hrm... I figured it out in just under a minute. The only thing I noticed is it fires when checking the battery life. I just hit it while it's checking. ;-)

EDIT: One thing I will add, you'd have to search the ends of the earth to find one Provari owner who regretted their purchase.

EDIT 2: I love my Vamo, but it fell out of my backpack at school, dropped only two feet, and now the left "-" button won't click anymore. It works, but it doesn't make the clicky sound. I miss the clicky sound. You can drop a Provari from two feet and the only thing getting scuffed up is the floor.

The control system with the single button is clunky and awkward.

Last edited:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Issues with the ProVari? Are you serious?? :shock: Haha just kidding.

Well lets see... I had my Vamo before I got the ProVari so lets see. I don't really like the button or the way the menu system works. Other than that it's a rock solid device that gives what it claims. Consistent performance throughout the life of the battery, solid build, and top notch customer service(if there is ever a problem Provape will service your ProVari), if past the warranty their service fees are actually pretty decent. They even list the cost of services on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread