The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WillyZee, Feb 10, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. coldgin96

coldgin96 Resting In Peace Verified Member ECF Veteran

Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

• Like Like x 5
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Snow biking is fun! Combines all the danger and thrill of downhill skiing with the effort of carrying a pot of water on your head from the nearest water source like 5 miles away and you get a wet strip up your back.

I have not done this is a long time but go @ENAUD . Sometimes when you gottta bike, you gotta bike.

It's Friday. I have had Official bad Luck this morning. It was like ,"What can I break, how much coffee can I spill?"

I did no do yoga today but I had my first official Yoginjury the other day, first one in a LONG time. You know those injuries where you can like, feel your muscle fiber (In my case, back shoulder blade while in a hand stand) and you are just like.... (CENSORED.)

I did it yesterday morning, and now I plan on this afternoon. It's one of those injuries you have to rest, then use, and it hurts all the TIME. It's getting better though.

Starting to think I should not leave the house without my trusty helmet today or something though.

Anna

Oh well it's Friday,. I hope it's quiet, but it may not be .Sigh.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    :)

KAS

• Like Like x 4
  5. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "You are HERE." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Kount me as number...

fore.jpg

Gotta love ya, E! Most folks can't even DRIVE in it. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. coldgin96

coldgin96 Resting In Peace Verified Member ECF Veteran

Slash: Made In Stoke 24/7/11

• Like Like x 4
  7. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    You're nuts. LOL. On the other side, I can't wait to start riding again. I fully intended to bike as long as I could stand the weather. But, away for a week, big snow covering the paths for a couple more, away for a week...by which time I was hating the cold.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

The snow was coming down hard and was a wet heavy snow. It was accumulating on the grass but the tarmac was still warm enough that only slush was present. I got soaked to the bone and it was freezing cold but I loved it, the ludicrous juxtaposition of a blizzard like condition, and riding my bike like a mad man :lol::lol: in the limited visibility snowflake wonderland HaHaHa!!! Also it was a test ride as I had just replaced the chain and overhauled the steering head with a full compliment of loose ball bearings because the bike had developed indexed steering because of brinelling in the bearing races.

• Like Like x 6
  9. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    :sleep:

KAS

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Golf goes over my head especially golf jokes. Thank GOD I do not work in a field where "golf" (the game so boring you can actually talk about your investment portfolio while you play) was required.

I played one game of golf it was at some dumb "tournament" my dad's like, company was putting on. I was like 16, he invited me, I was trying to be a good sport. I got sunburned, opportunities to pee did not come NEARLY often enough, Oh, I would have HEADED for a sand bunker I did not care, but well, it was my dad's COMPANY remember?

In any case to add insult to injury I won the prize for coming in last, which happened to be a bottle of wine. There was a bit of a debate, because I was under age, and like, they wound up giving it to my dad and he did not give it to me, even though it was, IIRC an exceptionally cheap bottle of merlot and it wasn't like I couldn't get the AlcOHOl or anything, I could. But I EARNED that bottle I tell you.

I just felt I really earned that bottle. I mean it was useful though with my "go to college" advisor, like, I'd be like, "And does this field of work require golf as like, a requirement?" and my college advisor would say things like :"A philosophy major? No , golf will not be required. Standing in the food stamp line, probably. But not GOLF."

You know.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    It's an easy one, Anna. Three had spoken, so I was the fourth. A flick of the wrist, and "four" became "fore", then letters became an image.

Don't overthink stuff that emanates from the mind of a simple man (simpleton). :blush:

Occam's Razor. ;) :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    Wow. Parallel universes and all that.

I played a round of golf once. Just once. My friends had been after me unmercifully to join them in their Saturday morning outings. I was in great shape at the time, there was beer involved, so I agreed. By the 3rd or 4th hole I could barely raise my arms. They were worn out from the countless inaccurate swings. There are some things one has a knack for, and others where the DNA just does not align with any chance of even moderate success.

And your prize? When I was a young boy, Kelloggs had a contest that was entered by filling out a form and sending in boxtops. My older brother and I fought savagely at gaining control of any empty box. We both entered. My name was selected for a brand new, top of the line, Schwinn bicycle. My parents decided I was too small to ride it so when it arrived they gave it to my brother. A few years later, I got a beat up yard sale derelict bike. At least my dad was thoughtful enough to give it a fresh coat of paint to cover the dents, scratches, and rust. The injustice burns brightly to this day.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    :ohmy: :-x :blink:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Parents can suck. They go do stuff like that and then expect you to be "pleasant" to your sibling. It's like that book about kids getting sent off to start their own society or whatever, I forget, but it's that famous book that PLUS the Hunger Games where the parents intervene by changing the rules or whatever.

It's a miracle any kids make it out alive!
    Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Of Flies & Lords? ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My dil once hollered at me for playing too dangerously with her kids...

I told her, don’t worry you can have more!

what a Hoot!!!

LOLz

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    YOU have a Dil? And it TALKS?

I'm not going to ask "why", because "not that there's anything wrong with that." ;):nun:

Simple curiosity is all. The wonders of technology. :lol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    stols001, I getcha.
    Recently I was asked to play in a charity golf tournament. At first I said, 'Naaahhh!' Then they said "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind Kids.'
    Then I thought........ Fu*k .......... I could actually win this! ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    So what did your dil do? Yeah, makes no sense. I'm just teasing the censorbot.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's a doozie of a crappy things parents do tale! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2