ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Snow biking is fun! Combines all the danger and thrill of downhill skiing with the effort of carrying a pot of water on your head from the nearest water source like 5 miles away and you get a wet strip up your back.

I have not done this is a long time but go @ENAUD . Sometimes when you gottta bike, you gotta bike.

It's Friday. I have had Official bad Luck this morning. It was like ,"What can I break, how much coffee can I spill?"

I did no do yoga today but I had my first official Yoginjury the other day, first one in a LONG time. You know those injuries where you can like, feel your muscle fiber (In my case, back shoulder blade while in a hand stand) and you are just like.... (CENSORED.)

I did it yesterday morning, and now I plan on this afternoon. It's one of those injuries you have to rest, then use, and it hurts all the TIME. It's getting better though.

Starting to think I should not leave the house without my trusty helmet today or something though.

Anna

Oh well it's Friday,. I hope it's quiet, but it may not be .Sigh.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He he, just finished a five mile bicycle ride in a snowstorm...some of my neighbors gave me some funny looks. :lol:

Dunno about the neighbors, but *I'm* sitting here giving you some funny looks too

:)

What ^^^ he said.

Kount me as number...

fore.jpg

Gotta love ya, E! Most folks can't even DRIVE in it. :lol:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
He he, just finished a five mile bicycle ride in a snowstorm...some of my neighbors gave me some funny looks. :lol:
You're nuts. LOL. On the other side, I can't wait to start riding again. I fully intended to bike as long as I could stand the weather. But, away for a week, big snow covering the paths for a couple more, away for a week...by which time I was hating the cold.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
You're nuts. LOL. On the other side, I can't wait to start riding again. I fully intended to bike as long as I could stand the weather. But, away for a week, big snow covering the paths for a couple more, away for a week...by which time I was hating the cold.
The snow was coming down hard and was a wet heavy snow. It was accumulating on the grass but the tarmac was still warm enough that only slush was present. I got soaked to the bone and it was freezing cold but I loved it, the ludicrous juxtaposition of a blizzard like condition, and riding my bike like a mad man :lol::lol: in the limited visibility snowflake wonderland HaHaHa!!! Also it was a test ride as I had just replaced the chain and overhauled the steering head with a full compliment of loose ball bearings because the bike had developed indexed steering because of brinelling in the bearing races.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Golf goes over my head especially golf jokes. Thank GOD I do not work in a field where "golf" (the game so boring you can actually talk about your investment portfolio while you play) was required.

I played one game of golf it was at some dumb "tournament" my dad's like, company was putting on. I was like 16, he invited me, I was trying to be a good sport. I got sunburned, opportunities to pee did not come NEARLY often enough, Oh, I would have HEADED for a sand bunker I did not care, but well, it was my dad's COMPANY remember?

In any case to add insult to injury I won the prize for coming in last, which happened to be a bottle of wine. There was a bit of a debate, because I was under age, and like, they wound up giving it to my dad and he did not give it to me, even though it was, IIRC an exceptionally cheap bottle of merlot and it wasn't like I couldn't get the AlcOHOl or anything, I could. But I EARNED that bottle I tell you.

I just felt I really earned that bottle. I mean it was useful though with my "go to college" advisor, like, I'd be like, "And does this field of work require golf as like, a requirement?" and my college advisor would say things like :"A philosophy major? No , golf will not be required. Standing in the food stamp line, probably. But not GOLF."

You know.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Golf goes over my head especially golf jokes.

It's an easy one, Anna. Three had spoken, so I was the fourth. A flick of the wrist, and "four" became "fore", then letters became an image.

Don't overthink stuff that emanates from the mind of a simple man (simpleton). :blush:

Occam's Razor. ;) :D

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Golf goes over my head especially golf jokes. Thank GOD I do not work in a field where "golf" (the game so boring you can actually talk about your investment portfolio while you play) was required.

I played one game of golf it was at some dumb "tournament" my dad's like, company was putting on. I was like 16, he invited me, I was trying to be a good sport. I got sunburned, opportunities to pee did not come NEARLY often enough, Oh, I would have HEADED for a sand bunker I did not care, but well, it was my dad's COMPANY remember?

In any case to add insult to injury I won the prize for coming in last, which happened to be a bottle of wine. There was a bit of a debate, because I was under age, and like, they wound up giving it to my dad and he did not give it to me, even though it was, IIRC an exceptionally cheap bottle of merlot and it wasn't like I couldn't get the AlcOHOl or anything, I could. But I EARNED that bottle I tell you.

I just felt I really earned that bottle. I mean it was useful though with my "go to college" advisor, like, I'd be like, "And does this field of work require golf as like, a requirement?" and my college advisor would say things like :"A philosophy major? No , golf will not be required. Standing in the food stamp line, probably. But not GOLF."

You know.

Anna

Wow. Parallel universes and all that.

I played a round of golf once. Just once. My friends had been after me unmercifully to join them in their Saturday morning outings. I was in great shape at the time, there was beer involved, so I agreed. By the 3rd or 4th hole I could barely raise my arms. They were worn out from the countless inaccurate swings. There are some things one has a knack for, and others where the dna just does not align with any chance of even moderate success.

And your prize? When I was a young boy, Kelloggs had a contest that was entered by filling out a form and sending in boxtops. My older brother and I fought savagely at gaining control of any empty box. We both entered. My name was selected for a brand new, top of the line, Schwinn bicycle. My parents decided I was too small to ride it so when it arrived they gave it to my brother. A few years later, I got a beat up yard sale derelict bike. At least my dad was thoughtful enough to give it a fresh coat of paint to cover the dents, scratches, and rust. The injustice burns brightly to this day.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Parents can suck. They go do stuff like that and then expect you to be "pleasant" to your sibling. It's like that book about kids getting sent off to start their own society or whatever, I forget, but it's that famous book that PLUS the Hunger Games where the parents intervene by changing the rules or whatever.

It's a miracle any kids make it out alive!
Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Parents can suck. They go do stuff like that and then expect you to be "pleasant" to your sibling. It's like that book about kids getting sent off to start their own society or whatever, I forget, but it's that famous book that PLUS the Hunger Games where the parents intervene by changing the rules or whatever.

It's a miracle any kids make it out alive!
Anna

Of Flies & Lords? ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My dil once hollered at me for playing too dangerously with her kids...

I told her, don’t worry you can have more!

what a Hoot!!!

LOLz

YOU have a Dil? And it TALKS?

I'm not going to ask "why", because "not that there's anything wrong with that." ;):nun:

Simple curiosity is all. The wonders of technology. :lol:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I played one game of golf it was at some dumb "tournament"
    stols001, I getcha.
    Recently I was asked to play in a charity golf tournament. At first I said, 'Naaahhh!' Then they said "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind Kids.'
    Then I thought........ Fu*k .......... I could actually win this! ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    My parents decided I was too small to ride it so when it arrived they gave it to my brother. A few years later, I got a beat up yard sale derelict bike. At least my dad was thoughtful enough to give it a fresh coat of paint to cover the dents, scratches, and rust. The injustice burns brightly to this day.

That's a doozie of a crappy things parents do tale! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread