ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
stols001, I getcha.
Recently I was asked to play in a charity golf tournament. At first I said, 'Naaahhh!' Then they said "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind Kids.'
Then I thought........ Fu*k .......... I could actually win this! ;)
So how did the blind and handicapped kids do?

Did you beat them? Did you win?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
stols001, I getcha.
Recently I was asked to play in a charity golf tournament. At first I said, 'Naaahhh!' Then they said "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind Kids.'
Then I thought........ Fu*k .......... I could actually win this! ;)

LMAO!!!!!

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
That's a doozie of a crappy things parents do tale! :eek:

To make things worse, my brother was enough of a (insert appropriate curseword here) that I'm pretty sure he abused it just to rub it in. He was fairly careful with the other things he had. But the bike got left outside in the rain, thrown on the pavement rather than using the kickstand, ridden into things.... After about a month it looked like it'd been run over by a truck.

But hey, I survived.

And I'm going to find something fun to do because I just remembered another thing. I was in my very late teens, and had worked since I was 12. I had scrounged up enough money to buy a cheap new car. On the day it was to be delivered, I was scheduled to work (lifeguard) and wouldn't get off until after the dealership closed. Since my dad had to sign the papers due to my age, they were already finished. He agreed to pick the car up and bring it home so it'd be there when I got home.

At the appointed time, I made a mad dash home in record time. My best friends were already there, since we'd all planned on cruising in style. (lol) But I open the garage door and there's no car. My brother had grabbed the keys and gone to the local drive-in theater on a date. He got home about 1 or 2 am - the front carpet was covered in dirt, candy wrappers, and popcorn and the back seat was pretty much trashed. So, being a car lover since I was 5 or 6 I wasn't able to drive my first new car until my brother had abused it to his content.

Now I'm off to find some rainbows, puppies, kittens, home made cookies, and then some good scotch. :D

See, vaping IS as bad for you as they all say! :lol::lol::lol:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Can't like that one.

To make things worse, my brother was enough of a (insert appropriate curseword here) that I'm pretty sure he abused it just to rub it in. He was fairly careful with the other things he had. But the bike got left outside in the rain, thrown on the pavement rather than using the kickstand, ridden into things.... After about a month it looked like it'd been run over by a truck.

But hey, I survived.

And I'm going to find something fun to do because I just remembered another thing. I was in my very late teens, and had worked since I was 12. I had scrounged up enough money to buy a cheap new car. On the day it was to be delivered, I was scheduled to work (lifeguard) and wouldn't get off until after the dealership closed. Since my dad had to sign the papers due to my age, they were already finished. He agreed to pick the car up and bring it home so it'd be there when I got home.

At the appointed time, I made a mad dash home in record time. My best friends were already there, since we'd all planned on cruising in style. (lol) But I open the garage door and there's no car. My brother had grabbed the keys and gone to the local drive-in theater on a date. He got home about 1 or 2 am - the front carpet was covered in dirt, candy wrappers, and popcorn and the back seat was pretty much trashed. So, being a car lover since I was 5 or 6 I wasn't able to drive my first new car until my brother had abused it to his content.

Now I'm off to find some rainbows, puppies, kittens, home made cookies, and then some good scotch. :D

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

But hey, I survived.

I was the oldest of five, four made it to adulthood. My next younger brother and I were very close, as we were born a year apart. All through my youth, my favorite things would somehow disappear...more on that later, but suffice it to say, it would drive me mad, wondering where I had last placed them, or what could have happened to them.

My first real road bike was a Mossburg 10 speed. I had rode it to victory( age group ) in our old home days town celebration in the bicentennial year 1976...and it was used to carry me on my paper route, well, one day my brother asked if he could borrow it. He brought it home with both wheels taco'ed and a bent frame, and he told me some guy had run it over with a car. It took me months to save up to buy a new bike, the money coming from the paper route and odd jobs folks gave me like mowing, raking etc...I got a Fuji :D 12 speed

While I was staying with him and his ex wife, in his final weeks, down in Florida (cancer), I noticed a pair of sunglasses that had "gone missing" years prior...and I asked about them...he confided in me, you know all them things you thought you lost? I stole them, and gave them away, or traded them, or just threw them away...I asked why?

He laughed...because I knew that it drove you nutz!
i realized at that point that he was always jealous of me...and it made me feel a bit sad, and also relieved that I wasn't nuts,

Weird how our families can leave lasting emotional "marks" on us...

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
OK, so I may have been responsible for a touch of gloom and negativity in an otherwise happy place.

To get things back on track, here's a couple of things that are always true blue and never fail to provide enjoyment

provis (Small).jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
OK, so I may have been responsible for a touch of gloom and negativity in an otherwise happy place.

To get things back on track, here's a couple of things that are always true blue and never fail to provide enjoyment

View attachment 871163
Not gloom, I look at these things with a touch of humor...what else can you do? :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Last edited:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    So how did the blind and handicapped kids do?

Did you beat them? Did you win?
    It was all a scam :eek: I think. There were no younger players, I couldn't tell if any were blind (although I thought I found one. He was wearing sunglasses and held a white styrofoam cup. I was so happy to find him, I dropped all my change into it. :| I was shocked to see a splash of coffee, and he was ...... :-x, reminding me to look for a white cane, who knew :cool:)

No, I didn't win, but I sure looked good :D
    Cane/dog portion is a true story by a great friend, may she RIP :(

Reactions: newyork13

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Big brothers can be such (censored, censorereds, censoreds.) I can remember ONE nice thing my brother did for me as a child and it was take me on the back of his bike to go to the elementary school to play. Only there was something happening, a fight I think, so he took me home. I was like, "You were ashamed to be seen with me, weren't you."

And he was like, "No, I didn't want you to get hurt."

Do not get me wrong, my older brother was NOT secretly nice, or anything, ,THAT one stands out because it was the ONLY one. Usually he'd say stuff like, "Yeah, buck tooth big nose four eyes."

I tell kids who have fleeting thoughts of wishing their older brother was dead that it is PERFECTLY normal.

My brother used to play ni storm drains and got caught and severely lectured by my parents about how quickly they flood and how the could drown and all I could think was "THAT is a DAMNED shame."

I think he still played in then but he would check the weather report first. LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am enjoying all the approval of the big brotherly hate posts.

I have many, many tales of terror. This year I sent him a Christmas gift card that said, "I doubt we will ever like each other, or even UNDERSTAND each other, but please accept this small token of appreciation for the fact we are genetically related, and as far as I'm concerned, you got THE MOST of the bad ones, so congrats."

I know. Almost saintly. I think it was my first gift in decades. It was claimed, but no return message. I was cool with it.

My mom approved of the card, the message not so much, I was like, "Truth before beauty or even BLOOD, Mom."

It sounded Biblical enough she shut up I think or she was like, "Anna just be turning into Heesssus, or it might be Job, but either way, I'll just see how it plays out."

It was five dollars LESS than any other gift card, but it was the principle of it. I could have afforded the same amount but I gonna have to work my way up to it.

My mom and he were both born on Sept 11 which means like, I remember their birthdays.

I am thinking of my card. First, there was mom. Then, there was you. Now there is mom, you, and 9-11."

I don't know it seems both too mean and too opaque somehow.

Like, "Happy 9-11!" might suffice,.

Yes, it's definitely Job.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread