ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I think that even Jimi stops and listens when Mr. Morello picks up his guitar to play.

Wait for it (except @Bronze). ;)

I had never heard this and sadly was unaware of Tom Morello. Halfway through the song, I was thinking that he was very good, but only one of a few who could be mentioned in comparison with Hendrix. Great musical sense and compelling style, but I hadn't heard any of the stunning effects that Jimi did making a guitar sound differently than you'd ever heard - sounds of anger, pain, joy, even bombs falling.

That the song was written by Springsteen and that The Grapes of Wrath remains one of the best movies I've ever watched made the experience a bit more personal.

Then about 6 minutes in there was the solo. Now, I'm rethinking my position. This vid was bookmarked.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aloha provarians.

I came to inform you all that the 0.7 mesh nautilus coil fits just beautifully inside a Kabuki.

If you are stocked up for life on coils, I cannot say I recommend it. The vape is incredible, it really is. Aspire did amazing things with that coil, great coil life too.

Don't.

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I think that even Jimi stops and listens when Mr. Morello picks up his guitar to play.

Wait for it (except @Bronze). ;)

DP that was wonderful. thanks. i haven't really followed much in music for a long while. so i never heard of him. always loved Morello. but, that Bruce guy has some potential.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Aloha provarians.

I came to inform you all that the 0.7 mesh nautilus coil fits just beautifully inside a Kabuki.

If you are stocked up for life on coils, I cannot say I recommend it. The vape is incredible, it really is. Aspire did amazing things with that coil, great coil life too.

Don't.

Anna
Ciao Anna.
Don't what?

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
If you have a kabuki tank and a Nautilus 0.7 mesh coil (they have blue twine on the bottom) do NOT combine them unless you want to redo your entire stock of coils you have amassed of the 1.6. I have some for sale btw.
LOL
Anna

Though at this point 95% of what I vape is rebuildables, I will never give up my Kabukis. This is useful info indeed.

I assume these are a totally new 0.7 (because of the mesh) just because the older, 2nd gen .07 would not fit in a 510 Kabuki.

But it brings me stress thinking about using them unless Aspire has changed its ways. One of my more serious pet peeves is that every version of the Nautilus coil came in the same box. I still grit my teeth when I grab a box from the stash and 1. have to open the box and take out the blister pack 2. spend way too much time trying to catch the light exactly on some microscopic engraving so I can see if they're 1.6 or 1.8. Since you mentioned the blue o-ring, they apparently have hired someone who isn't tasked with annoying their customers and actually did something useful.

And no, it wasn't a question of just keeping them separated when they arrived. A lot of them were bought from MFS when they had their crazy sales but had a 2 pack limit; so the shipments contained 2 boxes of 1.6 and two boxes of 1.8 thrown in a box.

Yeah, that was a serious but minor rant. Felt good. I'd do it again. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They Are Awesome. I got some when some random California reviewer guy asked me to review Aspire products and like, I asked for an N2S and he went on and on about the mesh coils and I kept saying "this is a 0.7 but not a mesh coil" and he was like, "oh right… I'll send you a couple boxes." It took a couple tries, he was not the most organized of dudes.

I don't think Aspire Tina liked my review much even though I was pretty complimentary about the dang mesh coil AND the N2S except it had the same problem as the N2, when you needed to change a coil, you want to die. I mean, I was like, "I'm sure there was a reason for it, I mean I don't ASSUME Aspire is setting out to annoy me on PURPOSE."

I also got a mod I forget its name but I said that it was light and lovely and its biggest problem was that at first, it was so light it sort of SEEMED cheap. Not that it WAS cheap, just it seemed that way until you like, um, got used to it but it was very durable....

Only like, THEN the damn thing DIED in my purse it totally fell apart two days later. In the interest of TRUTH I had to admit this fact....

Then I got an email from Aspire Tina asking me WHO had given me stuff to review sort of the implication being like, that dude was gonna Get FIRED. She offered me a replacement mod.

I don't think like, she will be asking me to review the newest nautilus tank. Which is a shame, because it looks like it might not make me want to DIE every time I had to change coils .

IDK. Maybe the guy was just like Loki. He likes to show up every now and then, and Loki SHOULD get fired.

I won't do reviews anymore though, like, NOT after that. I mean the N2 was mah QUITTING tank. The last thing I wanted to do was make Aspire Tina mad.

But well, what can you do? Just DON'T shove one of the blue twined coils in a kabuki because the experience is mind altering.

I really have SO MANY 1.6 coils. Dang it. Oh well, maybe if I buy no more mesh coils, I will forget.

N2 KNOCKED it out of the park with that coil though I am telling YOU.. It beats any other MTL mesh coil hands DOWN.

They should just market the COIL. Etc.

Anna

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Since you mentioned the blue o-ring, they apparently have hired someone who isn't tasked with annoying their customers and actually did something useful.
    They used different colored o-rings (depending on material) as far back as I can remember, like 2015.
    Blue - Kanthal
    Blue (different shade) - Mesh
    Red - Nickel
    Black - Stainless
    Orange - Clapton
    I think that's right, @TrollDragon can you validate, please.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    They used different colored o-rings (depending on material) as far back as I can remember, like 2015.
    Blue - Kanthal
    Blue (different shade) - Mesh
    Red - Nickel
    Black - Stainless
    Orange - Clapton
    I think that's right, @TrollDragon can you validate, please.

I'd say that looks exactly right. But those are the Gen 2 coils. The stash I have on hand are the Gen 1 coils, which all used the clear silicone version and are indistinguishable unless you can read the small engraving on the coil itself.

The Gen 2 revision also cause a problem in that the bottom pins were larger - to the point that the coils did not seat in a Kabuki using a 510 connection although in a P3 version they fit fine.

FWIW, in the early days of TC I was a big fan of the special coils Vaporshark sold. They contracted with Aspire for a Gen 1 coil using stainless that was exclusive to them. These were more expensive than the common Aspire coils, had blue o-rings, and fit fine in any Kabuki.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    GeekyGeezer I started with the Nautilus and Mini and Atlantis v2. 1 tank in the 5ml Nautilus would last me a week :)
    I never knew that about Vaporshark, and it's a pity they gave up on their DNA powered devices :(
    Never had a Kabuki, but now with the latest Aspire/Taifun, I might have to get one. Sexy as far as metal objects are concerned.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    When I moved away from cigalikes and then CE4s, I was 100% Nautilus equipped whether a Nautilus, Mini, or Kabuki. Some were great (Vaporshark SS) and some were a waste of money (Vaporwerx)

naut_var (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread