Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Anyone doing any gardening? :?:

100042261_3314079618611417_1308051123428392960_o.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017

You know what makes this song so much better than NIN (me and my brother had to hash this out) NIN guy, he was a total poser. Don't get me wrong, he is a WORKHORSE musician and all that, and is probably still putting out decent music. He decided that his persona like worked for him, and he made it work and he did the research but if you listen to his music it is GOOD but it is totally EMOTIONLESS. It's like just THERE. My brother pointed out we had completely different values in music because he was an instrumentalist and I am a vocalist. I was like, "This version is better because Johnny Cash MEANS it. My brother was like, "NIN made it, it's better, there's a lot more to it than like, this stripped down version.

My bother is like, "You like GOOD singing, you like words ,you like all that stuff and I was like yep, the rest of it is just you know, supporting documentation and whatnot. But, it may be great, however, it's the BACKGROUND. How can you possibly listen to a song AND NOT EVEN LISTEN to the words, how is that POSSIBLE for you? Yeah, I know intervals, music theory etc. And then he was like, Well you like that band My Chemical Romance and I was like "YES he totally had a persona but well, that is the BEST and most heartfelt album about your evil and absent parent of ALL TIME dying and the love and hate involved and that MATTERS, and he was like, "Oh is that what it's about" and I was like, "I hate you sometimes. Put down the damn saxophone I'm talking.' He was like, "I'm just fiddling with it."

The only thing we were able to agree on is that Johnny Cash BARELY knows how to play the guitar. LOL that is how it goes sometimes.

In any case this is an adequate representation of how I feel today. And NIN version's is NOT.

Anna

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

You know what makes this song so much better than NIN (me and my brother had to hash this out) NIN guy, he was a total poser. Don't get me wrong, he is a WORKHORSE musician and all that, and is probably still putting out decent music. He decided that his persona like worked for him, and he made it work and he did the research but if you listen to his music it is GOOD but it is totally EMOTIONLESS. It's like just THERE. My brother pointed out we had completely different values in music because he was an instrumentalist and I am a vocalist. I was like, "This version is better because Johnny Cash MEANS it. My brother was like, "NIN made it, it's better, there's a lot more to it than like, this stripped down version.

My bother is like, "You like GOOD singing, you like words ,you like all that stuff and I was like yep, the rest of it is just you know, supporting documentation and whatnot. But, it may be great, however, it's the BACKGROUND. How can you possibly listen to a song AND NOT EVEN LISTEN to the words, how is that POSSIBLE for you? Yeah, I know intervals, music theory etc. And then he was like, Well you like that band My Chemical Romance and I was like "YES he totally had a persona but well, that is the BEST and most heartfelt album about your evil and absent parent of ALL TIME dying and the love and hate involved and that MATTERS, and he was like, "Oh is that what it's about" and I was like, "I hate you sometimes. Put down the damn saxophone I'm talking.' He was like, "I'm just fiddling with it."

The only thing we were able to agree on is that Johnny Cash BARELY knows how to play the guitar. LOL that is how it goes sometimes.

In any case this is an adequate representation of how I feel today. And NIN version's is NOT.

Anna

agreed...

johnny shoulda sung "closer"!!!

LOLz

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm a badass . I made me go to Walmart. It was super hard. Then, I sat in the car listening to my new obsession, crying, because I realized as I said ADIEU to the Walmart greeter she was capable of doing her job and I was not. It helped that it was a sad song, but I was SAD.

Then I came home and told the husband about it and he started crying because his PTSD is telling him he cannot do the letter. I told him to man up and so would I and I did some yoga stretching and I CRIED OUT TO THE LORD QUITE HARD but I was able to do some pretty gnarly stuff for about 10 minutes and I was like, "COVID if it's the Advil making me sick every time I feel better you are just going to have to remove yourself from my life because I am capable of handling IMMENSE pain I gave birth to a child, so YOU CAN JUST FORGET it and well eventually the endorphins gonna kick in. Dude, so yeah I did that and then I told the husband he was coming with myself and I was gonna smoke a cigarette for NO other reason than I wanted to AND it was incredibly delicious and if it's tobacco smoke that kills COVID I am all for THAT but ain't NOBODY stopping me from doing what I want in this life.

LOL I texted my sis, "You work for the government did you have Performance based interviews." She said she did not know but she was asked about a time she had to "push back against a supervisor." I was like OMG TELL ME the answer on THAT one I bet it is much better than how *I* do it LOL. Anyway I am a BADASS.

Oh nothing like a vet, trust me but improperly medicated and set on a terminal course I could ALMOST be as badass as a vet because I would be impervious to death I mean, I could be killed it's just not having awareness of the possibility is useful it can make you fearless.

But I officially mark the spot where I said, "Go away COVID" like for REALS. The cigarette was delicious by the way but I'm thinking I don't make a habit of it.

Anna

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I'm a badass . I made me go to Walmart. It was super hard. Then, I sat in the car listening to my new obsession, crying, because I realized as I said ADIEU to the Walmart greeter she was capable of doing her job and I was not. It helped that it was a sad song, but I was SAD.

Then I came home and told the husband about it and he started crying because his PTSD is telling him he cannot do the letter. I told him to man up and so would I and I did some yoga stretching and I CRIED OUT TO THE LORD QUITE HARD but I was able to do some pretty gnarly stuff for about 10 minutes and I was like, "COVID if it's the Advil making me sick every time I feel better you are just going to have to remove yourself from my life because I am capable of handling IMMENSE pain I gave birth to a child, so YOU CAN JUST FORGET it and well eventually the endorphins gonna kick in. Dude, so yeah I did that and then I told the husband he was coming with myself and I was gonna smoke a cigarette for NO other reason than I wanted to AND it was incredibly delicious and if it's tobacco smoke that kills COVID I am all for THAT but ain't NOBODY stopping me from doing what I want in this life.

LOL I texted my sis, "You work for the government did you have Performance based interviews." She said she did not know but she was asked about a time she had to "push back against a supervisor." I was like OMG TELL ME the answer on THAT one I bet it is much better than how *I* do it LOL. Anyway I am a BADASS.

Oh nothing like a vet, trust me but improperly medicated and set on a terminal course I could ALMOST be as badass as a vet because I would be impervious to death I mean, I could be killed it's just not having awareness of the possibility is useful it can make you fearless.

But I officially mark the spot where I said, "Go away COVID" like for REALS. The cigarette was delicious by the way but I'm thinking I don't make a habit of it.

Anna

Ok, whoa now.
It in no way appropriate for you to compare yourself to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military especially seeing that this is Memorial Weekend, tomorrow is Memorial Day - they day we Honor them for their ultimate sacrifice. Not something to be taken lightly.
smh...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ok, whoa now.
It in no way appropriate for you to compare yourself to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military especially seeing that this is Memorial Weekend, tomorrow is Memorial Day - they day we Honor them for their ultimate sacrifice. Not something to be taken lightly.
smh...

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Anna

i went to walmart today too...

when i got there, i parked in a designated spot, and waited.

the walmart associate brought my order to my car, loaded it into my car, and i was on my way.

total time spent, 5 minutes.

best 5 minutes i spent all day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread