ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well yesterday I finished the top and sides of the cabinet, I also did some fine adjustment on some of the drawer slides. I then realized that I can't close up the backside, until I install some drawer knobs, because the drawers close flush with the front. I was gong to try to make some, but what I came up with was going to take too long to do. I have to go out and do a few errands today, so I am stopping by a Lowes or Home Depot to buy some. After all this I really don't feel like painting it, even though I know I should. Normally I would stain it and put polyurethane on it, but it would be too much for a cabinet that is going in my basement. :|

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well yesterday I finished the top and sides of the cabinet, I also did some fine adjustment on some of the drawer slides. I then realized that I can't close up the backside, until I install some drawer knobs, because the drawers close flush with the front. I was gong to try to make some, but what I came up with was going to take too long to do. I have to go out and do a few errands today, so I am stopping by a Lowes or Home Depot to buy some. After all this I really don't feel like painting it, even though I know I should. Normally I would stain it and put polyurethane on it, but it would be too much for a cabinet that is going in my basement. :|

KAS
Looks better as is KAS.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Looks better as is KAS.

I agree, but my basement is not dry, so it needs to be sealed in some manor. I have some casters I will install also, very necessary. I could move it around easily, until I got the drawers in, now not so much.:|

KAS

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
As for other's passing this week, I mourn a bit. Maybe melancholy at moments. As I have aged, I have learned that melodies are fine, but so are arrangements. The placing of instruments throughout the music can really add to any visuals, whether a movie, or just within my mind. Ennio Morricone helped many a movie. It makes me recall that at the end of movies, where the credits are played, I sit and listen to the music. It is nice to close my eyes and float with the different instruments as they play.
He has played in the Saloon...he can't play live anymore. :( Here is a concert of his classics that he did.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The husband is going to Tucson to work on the house. We delayed like 4 or 5 days we could have gone (July4th) waiting for the stupid final check from the mortgage company. Now this week is a heat wave, apparently. The husband has the look of a man headed into hades. I can't say I blame him really.

I am still waking up. My instructions are to remain here, and wait for the check. We have to pay this last part of the money to our contractor, but you know our mortgage company, currently holding our insurance house funds, does not appear to be in any kind of hurry to disburse them. Especially since the mortgage inspector has been to our house and said it's fine.

I wonder at what point the contractor tries to repo your stuff, like "Sorry guys you have not given us the final payment, we are gonna have to take the washer, dryer, microwave and frirdge."

Well I'm sure this happens all the time, I mean, mortgage companies….

Anna

......ed Anna:

Mortgage company bad, home alone, this could be a problem, husband heading into hell.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
:?:
gifs_23.gif

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
As for other's passing this week, I mourn a bit. Maybe melancholy at moments. As I have aged, I have learned that melodies are fine, but so are arrangements. The placing of instruments throughout the music can really add to any visuals, whether a movie, or just within my mind. Ennio Morricone helped many a movie. It makes me recall that at the end of movies, where the credits are played, I sit and listen to the music. It is nice to close my eyes and float with the different instruments as they play.
He has played in the Saloon...he can't play live anymore. :( Here is a concert of his classics that he did.

buon viaggio Ennio.
That was wonderful. Amazing concert, in an amazing venue, in a time when people weren't made to be panicked and paranoid.
Thanks for posting.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

KAS

Okay I got the Knobs, and installed them on the drawers. Then I flipped it down side up, put on a couple of boards to attach casters to, & closed up the bottom, and got the casters installed. Now there is just closing up the back. I am also leaning towards just painting it, just the outside and the drawer faces. It would be the fastest way to seal it, it won't be sitting in water, but it is a wet area sometimes. :sleep:

KAS

Edit: once I got this done, I felt like I needed a drink. I had a couple of beers in the frig, and 2 bottles that I thought were wine. So I opened one and found out it was champagne. :) Kind of fitting considering all the work I did to this, its not done, but closing up the back, and paint is easy stuff. :D

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Okay I was not going to do this yet, but that is what a bit of alcohol, does to me. :w00t: this is the first pic. (already posted this one) After the very first assembly.
nPSsDKh.jpg

Then this is today front view, shows the top, knobs, and the partitions in the drawers, to help me sort stuff. :|

QSWFNFC.jpg

Then this is just a side view showing the extra piece's I put along the sides, I'm not sure it really does anything, just looks better. The plastic bins, I pulled out of the trash from work, I figure I might as well try to use them. The 1/4" wood partitions that I put in were easy, I could always create more, and trash the plastic bins, if they don't work out.

1D1hLqT.jpg

I am not sure about the screw holes that are showing. That is where some of my mistakes happened, I kind of think I should just fill them. Sense I am going to paint it anyway, I might as well cover them up. Or maybe just cover the mistakes only? :unsure:

Okay that is enough.

Good night. :)

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Okay I was not going to do this yet, but that is what a bit of alcohol, does to me. :w00t: this is the first pic. (already posted this one) After the very first assembly.
nPSsDKh.jpg

Then this is today front view, shows the top, knobs, and the partitions in the drawers, to help me sort stuff. :|

QSWFNFC.jpg

Then this is just a side view showing the extra piece's I put along the sides, I'm not sure it really does anything, just looks better. The plastic bins, I pulled out of the trash from work, I figure I might as well try to use them. The 1/4" wood partitions that I put in were easy, I could always create more, and trash the plastic bins, if they don't work out.

1D1hLqT.jpg

I am not sure about the screw holes that are showing. That is where some of my mistakes happened, I kind of think I should just fill them. Sense I am going to paint it anyway, I might as well cover them up. Or maybe just cover the mistakes only? :unsure:

Okay that is enough.

KAS
It is designed as a utility piece...industrial, if you will. It’s not intended as a fine piece of furniture. Leave the screw holes as is. Adds to the charm. :)

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    nPSsDKh.jpg

QSWFNFC.jpg

1D1hLqT.jpg

Okay that is enough.

KAS
    Great job!! Be sure to sign it, that is a work of art.

Users who are viewing this thread