ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm going to miss being able to send a V1 in to be upgraded to a v2.5 ... maybe Bill will offer this service.

I have a V1 mini that I would like this done to.

ProviV1.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm going to miss being able to send a V1 in to be upgraded to a v2.5 ... maybe Bill will offer this service.

I have a V1 mini that I would like this done to.

hmm? With Provape out of business ... how long can Bill's inventory of spare parts last? No where to replace them when he runs low/out.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
My entry to the provape world bough the day it released instead of a 2.5 on Blakes recommendation. Topped with my new p3 calix.
c2cc87276532e101396fb8e69a633ebb.jpg

And a gift from my local shop after talking about our favorite provari designs today.
70e287e1810a784c40a9a59a20eeaf9c.jpg

Despite what the critics here and on the other forum say, Provapes absence will be felt big time.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
My entry to the provape world bough the day it released instead of a 2.5 on Blakes recommendation. Topped with my new p3 calix.

And a gift from my local shop after talking about our favorite provari designs today.

Despite what the critics here and on the other forum say, Provapes absence will be felt big time.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

I'm never using anything else, ever. As long as I live, I'll be vaping with a ProVari.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This entire endless video summarized: It is Zen (Mike Morgan) talking about the closing of ProVape. The summary below encapsulates his rambling video talk and presents opinions and facts, which may or may not be 100% correct, but are an accurate summary of what Zen says here (over 2 hours to listen to, which I just couldn't deal with, everything below is said within the first 15 minutes):

ProVari (the company) was for sale, for over a year. They knew they were going to sell it or shut it down for quite a while.

Zen tried to arrange financing to buy it, and simply cease all sales within the US, because the worldwide market would still carry it. This did not work out.

They (David and Phil, the founders of ProVape) ultimately shut it down because... they're just sick and tired of running it and being in the vape business and the concept of dealing with the vape industry under the FDA. Also, ProVape got sued and settled. It freaked them out and made them realize they have a lot to lose. Your ability to sue a company in China = nonexistent.

The bottom line for the founders (David and Phil) amounts to: they had a good run. Both founders are under 50. Both founders are worth many millions of dollars. Both founders have retired. Pretty much, they lived out the American Dream®. Yes their costs were higher due to being in the US, yes they gave money to charities, yes they were a good company to work for, but yes, they sure had big margins and made money on their products :) And they sold 450,000+ of those products :)

If Trump gets rid of the insane FDA regs tomorrow, ProVape is still not going to be coming back. They have sold their building (which they owned), all of their equipment (which they owned), and much of their intellectual property. Staff who knew what was happening and quit to find other jobs over the past year+ were not replaced. There is basically nothing and nobody left to "rise from the ashes" and restart ProVape. It's done. ProVari is now officially a piece of Vape History/Americana.

To reiterate, this is not an official statement by the founders of ProVape, it's Zen (Mike Morgan) saying all this.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Very interesting, schismz! My guess is that Zen knows from what he speaks. <nodding>

Oce was the one who made me aware of that blem. I never could figure it out. The logo was there when I got it (took a photo when I received it) but was gone shortly after. I put a skin on it and when I took the skin off the logo was gone. If not for that initial photo I would never have a record of it.

I got a blem once, Bronze....... It was a tiny bit identifiable. ;)

See it? No? .......

blem extension.jpg

How bout now....... :D

blem extension marked.jpg

Pink is every girl's favorite color. :)

All women are weird. Didn't you know that?

I respectfully disagree. All women are NOT weird. All women ARE nuts though! ;)

I kid, ladies, I kid. :)

YES on "weird". Toto yes on "nuts"!

But all of us favor pink?? Yeah/no. Not this woman.

20160325_233154.jpg

20160331_153344.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
In my case, I would take the blue path, and my husband, takes forever, and cannot make a decision. :)
Me too. I hate shopping! I haven't been to a mall in years. An outlet store at as quiet a time as possible. Or online. Otherwise, I ain't goin' shopping!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Me too. I hate shopping! I haven't been to a mall in years. An outlet store at as quiet a time as possible. Or online. Otherwise, I ain't goin' shopping!

I don't do malls, and I try to avoid all stores, if possible.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Katdarling red is my favorite color. Sure wish I had a red provari like yours. Have been looking everywhere for one.

@DancingHeretik me too. I hate in-person shopping…especially in malls. Havent been in a mall for many years. Except for grocery shopping I do most of mine online.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This entire endless video summarized: It is Zen (Mike Morgan) talking about the closing of ProVape. The summary below encapsulates his rambling video talk and presents opinions and facts, which may or may not be 100% correct, but are an accurate summary of what Zen says here (over 2 hours to listen to, which I just couldn't deal with, everything below is said within the first 15 minutes):

ProVari (the company) was for sale, for over a year. They knew they were going to sell it or shut it down for quite a while.

Zen tried to arrange financing to buy it, and simply cease all sales within the US, because the worldwide market would still carry it. This did not work out.

They (David and Phil, the founders of ProVape) ultimately shut it down because... they're just sick and tired of running it and being in the vape business and the concept of dealing with the vape industry under the FDA. Also, ProVape got sued and settled. It freaked them out and made them realize they have a lot to lose. Your ability to sue a company in China = nonexistent.

The bottom line for the founders (David and Phil) amounts to: they had a good run. Both founders are under 50. Both founders are worth many millions of dollars. Both founders have retired. Pretty much, they lived out the American Dream®. Yes their costs were higher due to being in the US, yes they gave money to charities, yes they were a good company to work for, but yes, they sure had big margins and made money on their products :) And they sold 450,000+ of those products :)

If Trump gets rid of the insane FDA regs tomorrow, ProVape is still not going to be coming back. They have sold their building (which they owned), all of their equipment (which they owned), and much of their intellectual property. Staff who knew what was happening and quit to find other jobs over the past year+ were not replaced. There is basically nothing and nobody left to "rise from the ashes" and restart ProVape. It's done. ProVari is now officially a piece of Vape History/Americana.

To reiterate, this is not an official statement by the founders of ProVape, it's Zen (Mike Morgan) saying all this.
While I wish ProVape would continue to be in business I somehow feel that they do not owe me anything nor do I owe them anything. They charged a premium price for their gear and we got a premium product in return. That former marketing employee kind of made it sound like they didn't especially make a whole lot of money. I'm sorry, I didn't buy that when I read it. Zen confirms they did just fine as I would expect. When you do the math they generated in excess of $50 million in sales. I'm sure between the two founders they did AOK. In return they gave us excellent products and stood behind them and are even honoring warranties past their closing date. They kept their word, we sent them our money. Exactly the way it should be.

I got a blem once, Bronze....... It was a tiny bit identifiable. ;)

See it? No? .......
Good grief!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread