aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Snowing again........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheet of ice here. Almost killed myself taking the dog out. I think I'll stay inside for a bit.

HoldMyBeer.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
hmm? With Provape out of business ... how long can Bill's inventory of spare parts last? No where to replace them when he runs low/out.
A lot of times, it's just the rubber boot or the contact plate in the switch, you can buy the OEM switches on the Bay for about twenty bucks. But I agree, that service will only be valid for a certain time, that's why I stockpiled about forty of them.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
A lot of times, it's just the rubber boot or the contact plate in the switch, you can buy the OEM switches on the Bay for about twenty bucks. But I agree, that service will only be valid for a certain time, that's why I stockpiled about forty of them.

I have no spare parts, what a dumbass I am! [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I'm guessing they made a two-year deal with Bill. Likely paid up front based on existing warranties at the historical rate of return.

PURELY supposition, but that's what I'd have asked for if I was "Bill".

Dogs are better on the ice than us. Maybe you should have the dog take you out. No?

She was fine. She thought it rather funny that I was slipping around like an idiot.

I'd kick her if I didn't love her. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
DP, checked battery after two days with power on. No drain. So no drain with the power on or off. However, this was done (in both cases) with no atty on the P2. So now I put an atty on and will do the same experiment with power on and power off. Two days each. I'll report back.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DP, checked battery after two days with power on. No drain. So no drain with the power on or off. However, this was done (in both cases) with no atty on the P2. So now I put an atty on and will do the same experiment with power on and power off. Two days each. I'll report back.

That's excellent news, Bronze. I never had thought of doing that. I like it.

I'll be stunned if there's a difference, but yeah - you may as well take it the distance. Thanks too, by the way!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
...Flashlights - You think we collect mods...:lol:...you should see the flashlights !
CandlePowerForums - The Front Page

Batteries are not a worry - just make sure you are buying the right type of battery for your needs

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That's excellent news, Bronze. I never had thought of doing that. I like it.

I'll be stunned if there's a difference, but yeah - you may as well take it the distance. Thanks too, by the way!
Except I detected I have a problem with my P2 in that it is draining batteries while it sits (much faster than it should). I just want to know when this is happening and if that is normal. I certainly do not remember this being a problem with the original chip in my P2. Only after I had the chip replaced. If I can pin it down I will get a hold of Bill and see what he thinks.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
my only concern is future availability of button top AW 18350 batteries :blink:

I know that 18650s are used in a bunch of unrelated things. Are 18350's too? If so, we SHOULD be OK.

...'FDA.

I was thinking the same as DP. Aren't 18350's used in other applications?
That's my concern too. A few months ago I asked Randy from RTD that question and he said he expected button-top 18350s to stay in the market because they are used in "other things" but didnt say in what.

So I'm still concerned because my minis will be useless since I didnt think untill too late to buy the two extensions to use with 18650s if the 18350s disappear.

So Does anyone know anyone that might have them for sale? And Is there a way to stash a whole bunch of 18350s away without losing a lot of power!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I know that 18650s are used in a bunch of unrelated things. Are 18350's too? If so, we SHOULD be OK.

...'FDA.

I was thinking the same as DP. Aren't 18350's used in other applications?

I'm not too worried ... I have been buying approx 7 per year and don't get around to swapping them until they are already a year old.

example, I just bought 7 new AWs for next year and I'm ready to put into rotation 7 that I bought last year.

The 7 I'm using now, some of them are the older 700 mah without the black ends.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So Does anyone know anyone that might have them for sale? And Is there a way to stash a whole bunch of 18350s away without losing a lot of power!
Bea, I'm not a battery expert nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express but I think these AW batteries lose capacity even sitting around not being used. I was using 18490's for a period of time then switched to 18350's. So my 490's sat for well over a year. I put them back in use (for my wife's P2.5) and it wasn't long and they had significantly less capacity. Maybe some battery physiologist will come along and set the record straight.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
GREAT info! I heard (or read) somewhere that with the newer ones (specifically P3) even off it's constantly monitoring the battery for safety's sake. While it's minimal drainage when off, it's does still slightly. Never ran the test myself....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
GREAT info! I heard (or read) somewhere that with the newer ones (specifically P3) even off it's constantly monitoring the battery for safety's sake. While it's minimal drainage when off, it's does still slightly. Never ran the test myself....
Mine was draining quickly. I would put a freshly charged battery in my P2 maybe take a few puffs then let it sit. Wouldn't touch it for two days then I'd come back and the thing was either dead or close to dead. I'm not leaving out the possibility that the batteries are the problem but I want to run a few experiments first using the batteries I was using.

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
...Flashlights - You think we collect mods...:lol:...you should see the flashlights !
CandlePowerForums - The Front Page

Batteries are not a worry
my only concern is future availability of button top AW 18350 batteries :blink:
Having several "tactical" flashlights that use 18350's I'd agree with Classy but I've never seen any rechargeables in the gun stores where I get batteries for them....let alone any AW's. So in keeping with my theory that it's always expensive for me to hang out here I ordered six more AW 18350's from RTD a few minutes ago. Pavlov would throw me a doggie treat for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread