ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I am not positive, but this is no signature required, I might have no issues, but the package could very well be on my porch for 4 hours or more. Which means that it could easily be stolen. If they are shipping with signature required, I would feel better about it, at least I would know for sure that I would get it. I sent them a message that if they don't give the shipping option of choosing USPS, instead of Fedex, then this would be my last order with them.

KAS
I feel for you, I really do. I mean, we all have our complaints about The Post Office but it's my preferred delivery method. As far as UPS and FedEx go, I'm lucky I live where packages don't get stolen.
When we first moved up here, we ordered the Little Giant Ladder, or whatever it's called (MADE IN U.S.A.), for like $500. Fed ex called from a different town that had the same name of the street we live on saying they couldn't find our house. :facepalm:

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I believe you can ask them to ship with signature required. I actually prefer Fedex, I have a lot of trouble with the local USPS, the mail carrier had a stroke and as badly as I feel for him, he can't deliver to the right address about 8 out of 10 times.

@kas, I know Gremlin diy ships via USPS and I think ecigexpress does also.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I feel for you, I really do. I mean, we all have our complaints about The Post Office but it's my preferred delivery method. As far as UPS and FedEx go, I'm lucky I live where packages don't get stolen.
    When we first moved up here, we ordered the Little Giant Ladder, or whatever it's called (MADE IN U.S.A), for like $500. Fed ex called from a different town that had the same name of the street we live on saying they couldn't find our house. :facepalm:

When I first bought this house the neighborhood was better, now most of the houses on the street are all rentals. Someone new every year, the neighbor across the street from me was the worst, I don't know how many times the cops were called out before they left, but it was a lot. I wont leave any thing outside the way it is now.

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I believe you can ask them to ship with signature required. I actually prefer Fedex, I have a lot of trouble with the local USPS, the mail carrier had a stroke and as badly as I feel for him, he can't deliver to the right address about 8 out of 10 times.

@kas, I know Gremlin diy ships via USPS and I think ecigexpress does also.

I do have both of those bookmarked, we will see what they have to say after the message I sent them. :unsure:

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    My intentions are one for tomorrow, one just for today ... but often, the second plate doesn't make it past midnight snack. :D

Well, I can understand that. Gets to be a bit late and your tummy is barking a little and you have that nicely prepared meal staring you in the face. That plate doesn't stand a chance.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    The ONLY time I ever had a problem with USPS was when I bought my last Radius (good old days). I tracked it and it said delivered, and it wasn't to me. So, I called USPS here (small city named Northampton MA) and they said yup it was, and said yup not to me is was. They said they'd figure it out. Half hour later they called, said the normal mailman (ah, those were the days when i had a mailman, no offense intended) was on vacation and the temp delivered it to the same number but to the next street over. Unfortunately, that house was vacant, being fixed up for resale. But, they said they'd take care of it. They went over there, found a painter or whatever working on the house, picked up my Radius, brought it to my door rang my bell and apologized for the mishap.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    NOooooooo !!!

57592754_818425178513403_4853180549033885696_n.jpg

Last edited:

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2013
    Moon, PA, USA
    Hi everyone, how u doin'? :shock: ! I haven't been to ECF in so long that I feel like I forgot how to "forum", but I'll give it a shot anyways, LOL! I've only seen one person that I recognize (Hello there, Bronze! :) How ya doin'?)! I just reached 6 years of vaping without smoking not one 'ol ciggie, yay, I can't freakin' believe it after smoking for 28 looong years! I owe a lot of that success to the great friends that I made here at ECF and, of course!, the PROVARINATI :cool:, YAY! :wub: So, now, I think I'm gonna eat a snack. :pop:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hi everyone, how u doin'? :shock: ! I haven't been to ECF in so long that I feel like I forgot how to "forum", but I'll give it a shot anyways, LOL! I've only seen one person that I recognize (Hello there, Bronze! :) How ya doin'?)! I just reached 6 years of vaping without smoking not one 'ol ciggie, yay, I can't freakin' believe it after smoking for 28 looong years! I owe a lot of that success to the great friends that I made here at ECF and, of course!, the PROVARINATI :cool:, YAY! :wub: So, now, I think I'm gonna eat a snack. :pop:
    Congratulations stranger! :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Douglas post office man/woman has been rock solid... So far.

This is kind of not a disincentive honestly.

We need to forward our main from Tucson like, yesterday. The husband is going back and m Chef's flavors orders will be in the mailbox (probably) he has strict instructions to refrigerate them. It may be too late. :(

Besides which I am gonna miss him. I get to turn into a Home Alone person. For a while.

Oh well I did grownup stuff like ask when the trash goes out and etc. Heh.

Anna

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    I buy WAY too much stuff online, so I've had experience with all the carriers. I've decided that it mostly comes down to the local office and their employees.

I once wrote ebay ads for a guy who did a lot of business. We'd ship 10-50 packages a day and USPS was useless but UPS was great. I swear the local post office was hiring people who'd been fired from the license office for being even too rude for that toxic place.

But the postmaster changed (turned out he'd been running some sort of scam with a bulk mailer) and I now enjoy excellent, rock solid service from the eagle people. At least 50% of the time things arrive a day early.

However, the absolute pinnacle is DHL even though their attempt at an entry into the US market was a flop. Packages from Greece, Serbia, and Germany arrive in two days. Yes, two days.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    Can't say I prefer one carrier over another. Had problems of one sort or another with each. Just glad I'm retired and can keep a close eye on things from home.

Not to single one carrier out but just the latest problem was last week when I expected 27 pounds of dog food from Chewy to be delivered by FedEx. I just happened to be out in the yard when FedEx came down the street. At least they got the street part right. Most common mistake with UPS is they get the house number right but are one street off. Anyway, FedEx was just about to deliver my package one door down and across the street. I intercepted them. Don't think they must pay much attention to numbers on the mailbox. Just a guess, but thinking maybe they rely on SatNav data or some kind of map app to pinpoint a delivery location once they scan an address into their tracking device. Probably misread the little marker icon on his digital map maybe.

One thing I will say about USPS, they deliver on Sunday here, if Sunday falls within the Amazon Prime delivery promise. FedEx or UPS delivery on Sunday? ... not going to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread