ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Catching up from yesterday,the posts sent me down a Led Zeppelin wormhole. And like many times, I found that more info sometimes is not always what you'd like to see.

I was in college when Zep appeared; the first time I heard them was at about 3am while walking through the student union building. It was during the Vietnam era, and students chose that weekend to occupy the union along with other public gathering spots as a protest against the latest developments in the war. It normally closed at 10 pm or so and this was years before 24 hour stores. So the entire thing happening in an otherwise very staid and conservative environment was a bit surreal in itself.

The Union had an upper floor which looked like some sort of members only club. Walnut paneling, soft lighting, well padded leather furntiture. A guy was leaning against one of the comfortable chairs with his little suitcase record player by his side. I heard the opening bars of Dazed and Confused, that power minor key chord progression, and then listened to the otherworldly voice of Robert Plant. I can still sort of feel that visceral surge that went through me at realizing there were things going on in the world which were totally alien to anything I'd ever seen or known.

But anyhow, I ran across this clip on The Toob. Though their versions were clearly better, Zep wasn't nearly as creative as I once thought. They took credit for a lot of songs they simply covered or re-arranged. And yes, there's skills in doing that but it is not OK to claim the song as your own. The writer of the clip is a bit on the harsh side at times, but the songs played side by side are pretty damning.

I just like the music, I never really followed discussions on whether they stole rifts or lyrics from someone. :?: I saw this the other day, a band copying Led Zeppelin's style of music. :|

KAS

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
UP in the Diner ~~~
* Wine a bit *
Pork Tenderloin Marsala with Garlic Roasted Broccoli ... Bon Appetit :)

57604405_817031465319441_1345512635637956608_n.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
That's a deeply touching pic, gin, and I don't even like dogs. I wish you the best, and may your life go well.
Yeah, he's a good one. The oxygen supplier I have now can no longer provide me with what I need and I've been struggling. We have been trying to switch since 20Mar. For those of you doing the math, that's a month. I can't leave the house and struggle to walk through it. Steel will just sit there and stare at me. I told Jackie, "He knows something." Tonight (last night?), I was standing in the middle of the living room trying to catch my breath and he was sitting in front of me just staring. Jackie said she notices he does that whenever I'm under duress. Just sits there and stares because he's concerned.
I hope no one ever tells me America has the best health care system in the world. Don't be in arms length if you do. Sure, it's the best if you're rich...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Happy Easter everyone. :)

I ordered some 4 Oz bottles of flavoring this morning. BCF is having a Easter sale today only, the discount code is (BUNNYSHOP). These are some flavors that I need for one of my ADV's and some are for what I think will be an ADV. There are many more flavorings I would have liked to order, but this cost me around $60.00. :|
I ordered: Cap Golden Butter, Cap Vanilla Custard, Cap Cake Batter, Cap French Vanilla, TFA Peanut Butter, and TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. That should do for now, I might order a few more small bottles flavorings next weekend, but at least with these I should be able to make what I really need, for quite some time. :)

KAS

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
57511494_817159341973320_7003795928272338944_n.jpg

Couple of Pico mods, an Ehpro mod 101, Spare P3 Kabuki tanks, Billet Box RBA's, O-rings, Drip Tips, Wire and What Not in the bottom drawer. Box of stuff in the closet I haven't looked at lately.

I have that exact same box, but it looks nothing like yours. It's "a bit" more messy. :blush:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Happy Easter. I miss hiding eggs. Our family came to view it as a competitive sport. First, I was banned from the "real" eggs then my mom made me write them down (after a few instances of like, finding elderly eggs tucked up in a light fixture or whatnot.)

Now, I do that for myself with things I actually *need* and it doesn't get written down by me either. Today my great easter hunt is going to be "the rest of my work clothes." Yay.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread