ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wait until you meet a pack rat. That thing had the type of determination you had to kind of witness to behold.

We finally had to get kill traps because the dang thing came in and started stealing my jolly ranchers. For a brief time, the packrat and I were SHARING. OMGOMG, I was like, "Why am I eating 17 times what I normally do, etc.

Long after the packrat's death, the husband replaced the insulation underneath and the packrat nest was discovered. There were many, many Jolly Ranchers.

We have bunnies! I don't mind the holes! OH WE are MOVING. I may miss my bunnies dreadfully depending on where we end up!

But seriously bunnies are one of the few things that don't want to eat you, steal from you, live by eating out of your garbage cans (I am talking the homeless here, but maybe coyotes too.) They don't want to sting you, bite you, crawl through your pipes and terrify you in the bathrooms, etc. Or, steal your Jolly ranchers from you, etc.

No bunnies were harmed in the apprehension of the packrat. It took a while but then I told the husband to bait it with peanut butter AND a jolly rancher. He said I was crazy, and I was like "Honey, that packrat KNOWS what it likes." It definitely had a sweet tooth.

Anna

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Squirrel inside our bird feeder, grrrrrr

c8909d3fb545d7ba3c3380733b0450e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kill it.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas

I can’t stop thinking of The Office when I hear this now. I just started watching that show a few months ago after my son told me about it.

I do remember a quote from the show when Ryan mentions that his girlfriend went out for a charger for her e-cigarette and never came back. Oldest story in the book. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They keep sending in replacements

Sometimes I wonder about animals, like do they fear death? And which ones? I mean, a herd of whatever gets restless when a predator comes around. Do they know what is coming? Do they know when they are the weak one and they are running from the Cheetah? I mean, small vermin don't exactly act like they fear death (the packrat sure didn't) but when "my" squirrel got trapped in the dorm room it got all "lose your mind" terrified, and I wasn't even trying to kill it, just like knock the screen back OUT of place with a broom I had handy so it could exit.

It sure acted like it was going to die. I also did, that's the thing. I was pretty sure I might die of fright.

Sometimes I wish that was like a secret hidden camera somewhere but no, probably best not.

When the Armageddon comes I know the squirrels will come for me and they have strength in numbers. I also fear the Pigeons, too.

Anna

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Sometimes I wonder about animals, like do they fear death? And which ones? I mean, a herd of whatever gets restless when a predator comes around. Do they know what is coming? Do they know when they are the weak one and they are running from the Cheetah? I mean, small vermin don't exactly act like they fear death (the packrat sure didn't) but when "my" squirrel got trapped in the dorm room it got all "lose your mind" terrified, and I wasn't even trying to kill it, just like knock the screen back OUT of place with a broom I had handy so it could exit.

It sure acted like it was going to die. I also did, that's the thing. I was pretty sure I might die of fright.

Sometimes I wish that was like a secret hidden camera somewhere but no, probably best not.

When the Armageddon comes I know the squirrels will come for me and they have strength in numbers. I also fear the Pigeons, too.

Anna

I fear snakes, any type and any size

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I fear snakes more than squirrels, usually. If I had inadvertently let a snake into my dorm room, I would have let it out into the hallway for the other chicks to deal with, no question.

With the squirrel, I totally considered it. But, my feelings of guilt and ownership triumphed, kinda. Plus, you know, even though everyone TOTALLY knew I was smoking my .... off in there, everyone ignored it and fairly politely in fact. If I had let the squirrel into the hallway, I'm sure there would have been an investigation into the matter.

It was super early though, I could have just let a snake OR a squirrel out there for the janitors to live with, but it kind of felt like "My Windmill" to conquer if you catch my drift.

I used to LOVE animals, but the more I get to know them I'm like, eh. It's eat or be eaten. That sort of thing. LOL at least we don't live in dinosaur times.

I don't find dinosaurs remotely scary even Jurassic park but if one showed up on my front lawn, well, I bet that could change in an INSTANT.

Even your pets will eat you. If there is nothing else, they will EAT YOU.

Anna

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have a few 2.5's 18500 size, that I'm wanting to use 18650's in with the bottom extension cap, so I can dump my old 18500 batteries. Can't seem to come up with a good 18500 anymore, but I forget, can the flat top batteries be used in the 2.5's?

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I have a few 2.5's 18500 size, that I'm wanting to use 18650's in with the bottom extension cap, so I can dump my old 18500 batteries. Can't seem to come up with a good 18500 anymore, but I forget, can the flat top batteries be used in the 2.5's?
no

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

I am sorry, you mistook this for Provari discussion group; it is not. It is "How animals are are dangerous, mean spirited, thieving and possibly carnivorous ready to eat you alive in a moment" group.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
My first battery charger was a Nitecore i4 then I went with a Efest LUC V4
I can't remember when I got this Efest, but the last week or so I notice when I put a newly charged battery in my Dani mini it would say the battery was around 75% :?:
I was using a 5 battery cycle, normally using 3 of them a day, and everyone of them was doing that,
So I figured one maybe two batteries could be going bad but not all 5 at the same time.

After a little research, I got a MiBOXER C8.

From their Website
8 Bays that can charge 8 different kinds of batteries at the same time, single channel charging up to 1.5A;
Automatically / manually select the optimum charge current, Simultaneously set 8 channels of charge current and battery type
Almost compatible with all cylindrical rechargeable batteries on the market.
Li-ion(4.2V/4.35V)/LiFePO4 (3.6V): 10340 / 10350 / 10440 / 10500 / 12340 / 12500 / 12650 / 13450 / 13500 / 13650 /
14350 / 14430 / 14500 / 14650 / 16500 / 16340(RCR123) / 16650 / 17350 / 17500 / 17650 / 17670
/18350 / 18490 / 18500 /18650 / 18700 / 20700 / 21700 / 22500 / 22650 / 25500 / 26500/ 26650
/Ni-MH/Ni-Cd (1.48V): A / AA / AAA / AAAA / C
Automatically activate and Repair "0 Voltage" lithium battery repair function
:blink:

I put my 5 Batteries in and all where at 75% :laugh:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
To be fair, a provari could seriously damage most of the animals we are discussing. Not the dinosaurs, but as I understand it these days the provariis ARE the dinosaurs.

RAWR.

Anna
So would a knife, firearm, rat trap, rock, stick of dynamite and my 6 month old Boxer puppy, Steel. When outside, we have him on leash or a couple of connected tie-down cables. Those damn squirrels like to tease him by prancing in front him just out of reach. I seriously don't feel sorry for them when the day comes we feel we can let him off the cable. SURPRISE!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I am sorry, you mistook this for Provari discussion group; it is not. It is "How animals are are dangerous, mean spirited, thieving and possibly carnivorous ready to eat you alive in a moment" group.
Don't forget, cat lovers, bike riders and Rock And Rollers. :2cool:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
A few weeks ago in here there was a big discussion on this and different batteries to use.

This is from RTD Vapor website,
AW Battery stock update - AW's factory experienced a flood a few months ago.
They are still replacing machines and equipment.
We do not have an estimated time for when they will resume producing batteries.

So it sounds like they are trying to rebuild the factory :unsure: (2 Years that message has been up) :(

Keep in mind that AW (Andrew Wan) didn't make batteries, his company bought Cells from other battery companies and put his label on it.
I read (CandlePower Forums) he use Panasonic cells, but I read that on the internet, so who knows if it's true :laugh:
But other companies use Panasonic cells also, trick is to find one. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread