Status
Not open for further replies.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Ordered from Brad 10/2. Shipping updated this afternoon - delivery expected Friday! I didnt expect to receive any of my order so soon because of the size order but I'm thrilled. Pics when they get here.

Glad I read your post. I just checked and the tracking was updated. Mine is in Opa Locka, FL... ordered 10/4

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Ordered from Brad 10/2. Shipping updated this afternoon - delivery expected Friday! I didnt expect to receive any of my order so soon because of the size order but I'm thrilled. Pics when they get here.

2nd Thank you for you. You also made me go recheck my tracking number and mine too has shipped. It should be here Saturday!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I run a 0.43 ohm build, use the Sanyo 20700b. Running through 15ml of Eliquid it'll still show 3.7v when I put the battery on the charger. At 20ml it'll be at 3.6v.

The above is on a different 20700 mech, but it looks like the pulse bf is a decent design, should perform about the same. I'm really looking forward to getting mine in [emoji5]

Reactions: BennyAdeline

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
It's here!
IMG_0209.JPG

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I run a 0.43 ohm build, use the Sanyo 20700b. Running through 15ml of Eliquid it'll still show 3.7v when I put the battery on the charger. At 20ml it'll be at 3.6v.

The above is on a different 20700 mech, but it looks like the pulse bf is a decent design, should perform about the same. I'm really looking forward to getting mine in [emoji5]

Thanks for the info :)

I’ll probably grab one of these.

Reactions: markfm

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Got mine today. Love it. Bigger than the typical 3D printed boxes but still comfortable to hold. Love the big button. For me, the bottle is perfect. Soft and quick to wet the wick. I got all 4 colors and all the door options and the doors do not have the play in them I heard about from some YT reviewers. They fit very well.
Now the Pulse 22 is another thing. I use Entheon atties and the P22 will not be replacing them. I should have only bought 1 but I wanted different colors so I ended up with 3 that likely will be finding new homes. Not a bad atty at all - just not my bag.
All said - the Pulse squonker is a home run and at the price - a no-brainer.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Got mine today. Love it. Bigger than the typical 3D printed boxes but still comfortable to hold. Love the big button. For me, the bottle is perfect. Soft and quick to wet the wick. I got all 4 colors and all the door options and the doors do not have the play in them I heard about from some YT reviewers. They fit very well.
Now the Pulse 22 is another thing. I use Entheon atties and the P22 will not be replacing them. I should have only bought 1 but I wanted different colors so I ended up with 3 that likely will be finding new homes. Not a bad atty at all - just not my bag.
All said - the Pulse squonker is a home run and at the price - a no-brainer.

I found that the Pulse 22 is not good on a mech, however it is amazing on a regulated Mod. I currently have 2 both on my Inboxes.

I have a 24 on the way with the pulse (should be here tomorrow). I ordered it because it is suppose to be better then the 22 (if you believe the reviewers). I will try a build on it, but I have a feeling that it will end up on one of the Inboxes and a Gorge will end up on the Pulse Mod. The Gorge is my go to for Mechs.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I dropped squonking back in the reo days because single 18650 just didn't give me the battery life.

What can I expect from a 20700 with a .5 dual Clapton build? I change the batteries in my dual 18650 mod once a day running .4 dual coil at 67 watts.

It will depend on the mAh rating of the 20700 battery. A 3000mAh battery will last longer than a 2500mAh battery, but not as long as a battery rated at 3500mAh.

I use brown LG 18650 batteries in all of my mechanical squonkers, including my Reos. I will use one in my Pulse as well. The Ijoy 20700 batteries are rated the same (3000mAh) as the LG batteries - so the battery life should be nearly exactly the same, assuming the same build. No compelling reason for me to run out and buy new batteries and charger.

If you want to get longer life - buy batteries with a higher mAh rating. But be aware that VERY OFTEN the max discharge rate drops as capacity increases.

And not to be snarky or preachy, but if you didn't understand everything I just posted - you probably should be using regulated mods.

Reactions: MsLoud

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Think part of my issue was I didn't have the coil raised high enough. It's a cooler vape than I like. May need to build lower. I'm at around .5 now. I think I just don't like the airflow. I switched to the 510 drip tip adapter and one hole on each side...that helped some.

I did the one hole at first, ended going to half open on both holes to even out the airflow to the coil.

Dropping resistance to .45 ohms might help. I run twisted 26 kanthal, 5 wraps.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have the same "problem" with my Pulse 22. There is so much air that the single coil seems to give a cool-ish vape. I started with a Kanthal clapton but wasn't getting enough warmth on a single-battery mech. Switched to a SS clapton and it's much better - still a bit cool wide-open, but warmer than Kanthal.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
My Pulse Mod and Pulse 24 arrived on Saturday as expected. I initially built the 24 with a 3.5mm single coil at .4 and it was just to airy with a single coil for my taste. Next I built Dual Coil coming out to .23. Having no 20700 batteries, I am using 25Rs and the ramp up time for a dual coil is not something I wanted to wait for.

So I swapped the 24 with the 22 on my Inbox and with the 22 I am getting exactly what I want for performance. The Gorge will more than likely end up on the pulse, but for now I am enjoying it.

The mod is great. Well built and good to go out of the box. Much better than any squonk I have that is comparable in price. I think another one is in my future. I wish the would come out with orange doors. I have a black and orange drip tip that I want to use :thumbs:

26260386969_baf14d97c9_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread