Question for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
I quit using cigalikes joytech pushbutton 510 and dripping, it gave me a ritual to focus on with the dripping which made it so much easier, now I just get wild hairs, kinda like missing old friends.
I will buy a pack of marlboros, maybe 2 times a year, and I still vape almost daily, 11mg dekang is pretty much all I use, every now and again I will do a diy. And all I use now is a itazte vtr, depending on the amount of flavor I want either a iclear 30s for more flavor, topcoil, or iclear xl, bottom coil, for less flavor.....

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I quit using cigalikes joytech pushbutton 510 and dripping, it gave me a ritual to focus on with the dripping which made it so much easier, now I just get wild hairs, kinda like missing old friends.
I will buy a pack of marlboros, maybe 2 times a year, and I still vape almost daily, 11mg dekang is pretty much all I use, every now and again I will do a diy. And all I use now is a itazte vtr, depending on the amount of flavor I want either a iclear 30s for more flavor, topcoil, or iclear xl, bottom coil, for less flavor.....

I can't allow myself to have even 1 smoke. Tobacco had such a stronghold on my life, I can't/won't take the chance. Fortunately I no longer have any desire to smoke. I find Vaping very satisfying. Maybe more so than smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
Another thing I did was that first year I wouldn't allow myself a cigarette, once I realized I had the power, No I don't get it from grayskull, wow showing my age.... lol, I allowed them back in and now I control when they visit.... I think you will realize soon enough, the power is yours.....

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Another thing I did was that first year I wouldn't allow myself a cigarette, once I realized I had the power, No I don't get it from grayskull, wow showing my age.... lol, I allowed them back in and now I control when they visit.... I think you will realize soon enough, the power is yours.....

Maybe I could have one. However I'm determined to not find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwhetzler

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I started with an ego and protank mini. I kept smoking for about 6 months while vaping mainly due to the shop telling me to start at 12 mg nic (I was a pack a day camel light guy). So I got some 18 mg juice and a MVP then I quit for good. Now I have a dna30 and tree of life mod with the tobh atty and kayfun and I'm down to 6 nic on my way to 0. However I have cheated once or twice. Most notably when I got vapers fatigue the other month. Every juice I owned was tasting very bad and making me nauseous so I broke down and smoked 2 ultra lights to get me through the day. They were almost as bad as the taste from the juice that day.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
#3 here. Started with cig-alikes over 4 years ago, and just found I was fiddling too much (short battery life, crappy cartridges.) Fast-forward to February 2014 after other unsuccessful attempts and watching my uncle die from lung cancer in August 2013, and found the 510-style batteries and tanks. WHOA NELLIE - this is a whole new ballgame. Found ECF and the whole vaping world has opened its gates. I'd bought my last pack on Friday, March 7th. Smoked the last three from that pack on Monday March 10th, and haven't looked back. I now have "very happy" gear and juice, and I'm looking forward to March 10, 2015 to claim one year smoke free since 1986.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I can't allow myself to have even 1 smoke. Tobacco had such a stronghold on my life, I can't/won't take the chance. Fortunately I no longer have any desire to smoke. I find Vaping very satisfying. Maybe more so than smoking.

I know this now, for myself. 3 days after I went back to smoking "a little"... I opened a fresh pack about 11am, and had smoked the entire pack before 6pm.

So, I know I can't permit myself to ever smoke again, or I will be right back where I was, wanting to quit but completely unable.

Thank god for vaping, is all I can say.

Andria

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
#3 I guess. My bro bought me a cheap E-cig (that was the name of it) from China a couple years ago; didn't work and put it in my desk drawer. Fast forward a year, was running out of smokes while working late one night and charged the e-cig and used it cause I didn't want to run out to get more smokes that night. It got me through the night and the next day bought a Blu starter kit to see if their flavors were any better than the garbage I had with the e-cig. Slightly better so I continued as a duel user for a couple months. At this time I realized I liked vaping better than smoking but was sick of chasing charged batteries with the Blu. Went to a vape shop and got a ego starter kit and a few flavors and was down from 2+ PAD to about 3-5 smokes a day. A month later bought a MVP2 and better tanks and quit being a duel user in January 2014.

Always felt like I quit on accident. If I wasn't lazy one night I would have never re-tried the cheap e-cig; really was not trying to stop smoking with Blu either (just save money by not smoking as much). However, one thing led to another and I have not even wanted a smoke since I quit.

#3.

Tried cig-a-likes several years ago, but they simply weren't strong enough and kind of a hassle. In March of 2014 I went to an e-go kit, and quit analogs instantly and overnight. This was an accident, as I was simply trying to save some dough. From there, a Protank 2 mini, then an MVP, a Sigeli ZMax, and various tanks. I vape 24mg. And to echo a lot of other comments - doctor thrilled, dentist really thrilled, friends shocked and amazed.

Gotta love the vape.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I know this now, for myself. 3 days after I went back to smoking "a little"... I opened a fresh pack about 11am, and had smoked the entire pack before 6pm.

So, I know I can't permit myself to ever smoke again, or I will be right back where I was, wanting to quit but completely unable.

Thank god for vaping, is all I can say.

Andria

Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing all that out :). That is EXACTLY my deal, I am afraid. I think I always enjoyed the idea of my next cig (sooner than later) more than the cig in my mouth.

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com
For vapers who have quit smoking using e-cigs: Were you able to quit the first time around and what did you use?

Here are the options:

1. Yes, I started with cigalikes, used them until I quit smoking, and have not resumed smoking.
2. Yes, I started with 2nd or 3rd generation PVs, used them ‘til I quit smoking, and have not resumed smoking.
3. No, I started out with cigalikes and they didn't work for me. I later quit using more advanced PVs.
4. No, I started out with 2nd or third generation PVs and they didn't work for me. But I was later able to quit.
5. Other (please explain)

(I'm asking because most of the studies on the effectiveness of e-cigs for smoking cessation don't take into account what products are being used by smokers making their first quit attempt and also because some of these studies are are more like static snapshots as opposed to full length movies.)

EDIT: Seeing some of the initial responses, I realize there's a flaw in my methodology. Nos. 3 and 4 should take into account that on the first attempt some people never quit entirely and were dual users the whole time. The "went back to smoking" phrase rules out that possibility. I think 3 and 4 should have left out "and I went back to smoking." So should I ask the mods to shut down this thread and start over, edit the OP or just let it run its course?

FURTHER EDIT: I edited it. Executive decision. p.s. I'm a No. 3.

I dabbled with vaping for a few years or so. Even after the Doc told me I had the beginnings of COPD, I still bounced back and forth for a while. I figured that if I vaped and smoked...I'd cut down on cigs. For me, I was just fooling myself in order to keep smoking my beloved ciggys. Actually, I think I smoked MORE because I wasn't cutting down much on cigs plus vaping, I was actually raising my nic levels higher than when I just smoked....thus needing a cig more often! :laugh: I finally got tired of playing head games with myself and quit cigs entirely a little over a year ago. Nothing but :vapor: ever since! And wouldn't trade it for anything.

Bri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread