Do you still smoke regular tobacco cigarettes...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I guess 3? But I'm not convinced I'm as addicted to nicotine as I was on cigarettes. I had a cig in the car the other day with my brother who's struggling to quit. Mostly just to show him that he'd eventually get to the point where he doesn't want a smoke and will be able to just have one once in awhile without falling back into the pack or more a day habit, a point I reached a long time ago.

Reactions: DC2

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
How about #6 tired of the op his agenda and his trolling, seriously most of us get it you view smokers and vapers with contempt and view yourself as superior now move on to the next thing and leave us alone totally bored of your leading rubbish.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
There should be a troll toll on this site. But if you must know, I'm no longer addicted to nicotine in any sense. I DIY and did an experiment on myself. I wanted to know how bad the withdrawls would be from 3mg juice. I mixed up 2 bottles each of 3 of my favorite juices. One 3 mg and one 0 nic, and labeled them identically. I shuffled the bottles and vaped out of one bottle only each day, assuming that over the course of a week I would vape 0 nic at least 3 or 4 days, never knowing which day was which juice. I couldn't tell the difference. No withdrawl symptoms at all. I AM however addicted to the physical act of vaping. The hand-to-mouth action. It's why I was never able to quit smoking until vaping came along.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
I am a #3. For me the hand-to-mouth thing is just as, if not more, of my addiction. But very addicted to nicotine. I quit all nicotine for 6 months then went back to smoking, but began to develop a really bad reaction to cigarettes. I would get... sorry if this is TMI... but I began to get instant ........ just a few puffs into a cigarette, along with bad stomach pain and all-over itching that is common for me with allergies. Then it would all subside over about 20 minutes or so. This started happening every time I had a cigarette, and I even tried different brands. This sounds wild, but I swear to god. But even with that, I couldn't stay away completely. With an ecig I do not have any of those symptoms, and it has toned down my addiction a bit. I do not bring my ecigarette into the bedroom as a general thing, when I am lying in bed I am relaxed and focused on going to sleep instead of nic-fitting. My husband recently switched from smoking (mostly a pipe, sometimes cigarettes) and I have seen a nice change in him. Vaping is a lot more casual, and he no longer gets strong urges I have noticed. He used to HAVE to step outside periodically, whenever he was awake, and it would interfere with him going to sleep sometimes I think. I was the same way, but it is neat to see the change in someone else. I think with vaping you are able to puff here and there to keep kind of a steady nicotine level, rather than big dips and rises like with tobacco use, which cause bad cravings and withdrawal. I seem to recall a study that indicates that as well.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I wanted to know how everyone was doing by asking where you fall on the e-cigarette spectrum.

1. Still a smoker, have not started vaping yet but am thinking about buying an ecig.
2. Started vaping but still cant give up smoking. Dual user.
3. Quit smoking but continue being addicted to nicotine in ecigs.
4. Quit vaping and all forms of nicotine entirely.
5. Quit smoking entirely and enjoy vaping with nicotine for the flavor, relaxation, and calming the nicotine addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread