Questions regarding the "NEW" Veritube X Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I just ordered one of the New Varitube X Mini's from iVape.net as a back up to my Provari and as a travel mod. If you look on their website, they have some of these Varitubes with the word (New) in front of the description. Does anyone know if their New Varitubes are the ones with a higher amp switch? Also, what else besides the switch has been upgraded? I would imagine these New Varitubes have something upgraded since they cost more. Also, if these are in fact the upgraded Lavatubes, do I still need to adjust the voltage as the battery drains? Lastly, I don't need this thing to last a entire day. That's what my Provari. I would like it to least at least a half the life of the Provai. I'm used to vaping with 18650 bats but the Mini Varitube uses 18350 bats. Any have any idea of what I can expect.

In the end, even though its a Lavatube and I Already own a Provari, I still want to like the mod. Looks like a great travel mod.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
It looks like it to me. As Bill Herbst has pointed out, the ones that have a power button whose color matches the body are Young June mods, and the top cap on it looks like the new one. I don't know that anyone knows for sure what the amp limit is on the internals in these, but it is almost certainly enhanced from the 2.5A limit of the original L Rider Lavatube.

The one you just ordered looks to be the same as these:

Starfire VV

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
If that is the young jun model then it is also a PWM device as opposed to a CV type device.

I believe it is the young June model. In the description it states that the device has the Resistance Check Function along with PWM. I heard these new models run a little higher than the voltage leads you to believe kind of the Vmax. Do you know if this is true and how much higher do they normally run?

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Here's pbusardo's review of the full size version (so far he's the only video review using a scope that I know of, and an osciliscope is needed to read proper voltage). As I understand it, the mini should have the same internals... (This would be the Young June 1.5t) It should have around a 3.2 amp limit. On my 1.5 i'd pop the battery out with about 2 bars left, and the vape would still be fine, it will go down some as the battery gets really low. An 18350 is typically 700-800mah where as the 18650 typically are 2000+mah so it will not last you half the time as your provari. From what I've heard, the efest IMR 18350's would be the best battery out there, as they are 800 mah (100mah over the AW). Crystal clear vaping highly recommends them for the vmax, and at $11 for 2, they are cheaper and according to their tests, perform at a performance level equal or better then the AW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread