Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Hello, everyone

I have accepted a job offer working in a very quiet office where vaping is not allowed. I use REO Grands exclusively at home but since it is so quiet in this new office, my rba (Origen Little 16 with a parallel kanthal coil coming in at .4ohms) is going to make too much noise and call attention to me. Thus, I am looking to buy a pod system or two for work purposes only. I am hoping that you all can recommend a setup which is super quiet or even completely quiet when vaping. I would prefer not to hear the atomizer crackling at all. This way I can vape at my desk with my back to my coworkers and no one will know what's going on.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It may be that I have to use the bathroom once an hour or so and if that's the case, I'll just do that.

Thanks I appreciate your concern. I thought you were trying to be funny, but it does make sense.
Well maybe I was trying to be funny a little bit, but my concern is genuine.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Don’t know what the smoking laws are in Florida or throughout the States for that matter. But you get caught smoking/vaping in a office here in Canada, you a subjected to a big nasty fine never mind termination. I’d seriously consider not vaping in any public space where the laws do not allow

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Don’t know what the smoking laws are in Florida or throughout the States for that matter. But you get caught smoking/vaping in a office here in Canada, you a subjected to a big nasty fine never mind termination. I’d seriously consider not vaping in any public space where the laws do not allow

Vaping is still legal indoors in Florida but there is an amendment on the ballot next month to ban vaping in the workplace. It’s tied to an amendment to ban offshore drilling which iratates me to no end, it should be illegal to package amendments like that but...

Forgot what I was here for, just got an Lost Vape Orion, it isn’t what you are looking for, it’s a decent vape and small but not as quiet as I would have thought.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Vaping is still legal indoors in Florida but there is an amendment on the ballot next month to ban vaping in the workplace. It’s tied to an amendment to ban offshore drilling which iratates me to no end, it should be illegal to package amendments like that but...

Thanks for the clarification. Question: Is it legal as in there are no grounds for termination or does your employer still have final say? As in; despite the laws if you get caught you could be axed?

Reactions: stols001

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for the clarification. Question: Is it legal as in there are no grounds for termination or does your employer still have final say? As in; despite the laws if you get caught you could be axed?

It’s legal as in no grounds for being fined or arrested by the state but an employer absolutely has the right to forbid it and terminate you if they so choose.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I work around dippers who use stealth spit vessels. When one sees a soda bottle with that dark juice in it there is no "rule" broken but others often frown upon the idea. Not being familiar with snus enough to know if there is a spit juice from it, all I can say is consider keeping a small, non see-thru cup that seals.

Me being a smoker (now vaper) I just take a couple of breaks, step outside and enjoy life outside the cubicle and use that time to perform duties such as make important phone calls send emails using a portable or something that appears to be productive.

Some folks don't want others to know they use nicotine devices. So they sneak a small puff from a stealth device while rattling the keys of a keyboard with the free hand.
( :)But you didn't get that from me lol).

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread