Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I'm wondering . . Do any of these pod systems have a coil that is low enough resistance to even create a crackle from the coil or is all the noise created by the air intake holes?

just tried my "blu" and it did crackle a little at first then stopped.think wick got a little dry

Reactions: stols001

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Well , after talking to a new vape store owner and listening to the sound of a few in action, as well as watching videos and reading a lot, I ordered the ALD Amaze Lemon kit. I actually bought two kits and also two extra pods. It sure seems to be a pretty solid (and quiet) pod mod.

EricMorr, I believe you nailed it.

Thanks to you all for your insight.

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
A coworker uses the STLTH closed pod system. I can't hear it running at all. He's mentioned he's used it in the movie theater, so it's a pretty solid choice for stealth vaping. I don't know what the availability is in the USA, this is available anywhere in Canada.
For a refillable POD system, the quietest one I've used is the Suorin Vagon. Not much crackling at all, but the STLTH is definitely the quietest vape unit I've heard.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The Renova Zero is pretty stealthy and looks similar to a flash drive sitting on your desk.

IMG-20181103-093541.jpg

Victorvapes

Nov 8, 2018
Hello, everyone

I have accepted a job offer working in a very quiet office where vaping is not allowed. I use REO Grands exclusively at home but since it is so quiet in this new office, my RBA (Origen Little 16 with a parallel kanthal coil coming in at .4ohms) is going to make too much noise and call attention to me. Thus, I am looking to buy a pod system or two for work purposes only. I am hoping that you all can recommend a setup which is super quiet or even completely quiet when vaping. I would prefer not to hear the atomizer crackling at all. This way I can vape at my desk with my back to my coworkers and no one will know what's going on.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I've got a teros which I have found really quiet and it works very well. I've had to up my nic by 4mg for the same throat hit but it's got the best battery life out of all the pod systems ive used. I get all day out of it and its tiny. You should check it out!

vaporizednomad

Nov 20, 2018
I've got a teros which I have found really quiet and it works very well. I've had to up my nic by 4mg for the same throat hit but it's got the best battery life out of all the pod systems ive used. I get all day out of it and its tiny. You should check it out!
i have a teros battery life is good i had 3hours 40 minutes out of it chain vaping to test the battery life amazing for the size and it works best with 70/30 vg juice
yip, 70% vg but...
it's not quiet at all it sounds like a steak frying on inhale! Not a bad thing for me its a plus

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I got "caught" vaping at work, though I suspect somebody informed on me. I wasn't blowing clouds and was trying to be discreet. A non-smoking, non-vaping coworker came to my desk one day and was extremely interested in my my device (I was not vaping at that precise moment but he may have smelled it), and shortly after I was called into the boss's office. I'm retired now, but at the time my boss basically told me to knock it off. Much to my chagrin, I ended up outside with the rest of the smokers when I wanted to vape, but that's their prerogative - not my house, not my rules.

Good luck :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would check your employee handbook if there is a policy it should be in writing, and should list the various actions that are taken if you are ever caught. That possibility ALWAYS exists. If your first occurrence is a warning that's one thing. If it's getting terminated, that is another.

I started a new job recently and I use snus at work. I have gone up to 12 hours without vaping and without ANY discomfort, to be honest. I don't like stealth vaping for many reasons, but most of all for me, I didn't want ANYONE to know I vaped. I just wanted it to my "private thing" if that makes sense. You can get a tin of American General Snus (which is made in Sweden, just sold here) at most gas stations for between 3 and 4 dollars.

The other reason I don't LOVE stealth vaping is it's something I have to "think about" all the time, like what device is stealthy enough, where/when/how will I do it, will I be caught, etc. It's a lot of mental pressure in my opinion. I just don't think about vaping at work and I am busy so don't really need the hand to mouth action.

It really is a totally valid alternative. Be prepared to think it tastes yuck (possibly) for the first few times you use it but it is infinitely cheaper and better than nicotine lozenges. I really might suggest at least TRYING it, in case you don't get enough stealthy break vapes like you are in a long meeting or something. Like @bombastinator , I am being totally serious,. I still love vaping, but I was amazed at how well snus works. If you wish to know more there's a thread devoted to it.

What's under your lip, nose, etc., part 2 is what it's named, something like that.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The other evening my boss invited me out to supper. Afterward on the ride home she asked how the alternative to smoking thing was going. She wasn't sure what to call it. I told her I still smoke some but often times smoke a flashdrive.

I pulled it from my shirt pocket and took a drag. She said "you can smoke that around me all you want to" as a compliment of the aroma it put out. The subject of office etiquette came up and she commented how too many people with strong perfume or cook 'loud' smelling food in the office microwave should not be offended by my fuji apple smelling exhale.....

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
I found a quiet vape pen that works great for stealthy vaping. It’s Digiflavor Upen, it looks like an actual pen. It’s not a pod, it is a screw in 1.2 coil so it never pops. I’ve been using Nic Salt and the flavor is better than most of the pod devices I have. The draw is tight which I like. The coils are inexpensive compared to pods. I got it and some coils during the recent sales. The device was less than $20 and 5 coils around $7. First coil lasted 2 weeks using dinner lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread