Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
2nd in my battle box series the Quigsworth VV

I just love these boxes, you can pack so much crap into them, they feel good in my hand and they take a serious beating...

OKR 6T, bottom meter, 300g ball tact, plenty of batt venting and atty con is sealed, top fed (thanks alekos) no air drawn from inside the box, recessed atty con or a 3/4" deep drip cup, what ever you want to call it...not pretty inside but solid and has already survived a nasty unplanned drop test :facepalm:. Another nice thing about these Hammond boxes is if you build up the inner edge with a bit of epoxy you can get the covers to friction fit (no magnets). I also ran out of space for the feed bottle so I cut off the nub on the dropper cap and used a carto plug, works great and no leaks (yet)

2012-03-29 16.12.19.jpg 2012-03-29 16.12.40.jpg 2012-03-29 16.13.39.jpg 2012-03-29 16.14.29.jpg 2012-03-29 22.43.42.jpg

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Real nice and shiny. I like how you handled the bottle, good idea. Is the meter sanded again too. You've been busy in your time out. :)

sent from my HTC genisis using Tapatalk

This one has been on the "to be finished" pile for a while now (I like normally like the fact the meters are white under the paint except this time:(), I thought I'd wrap it up before I shut down the mod shop (sorry, House of Quigsworth) for the spring/summer...gonna finish the Quigsworth SGV3 and bang off some "Meatsneakers" ss mesh drippers out of some audio jacks I picked up and that's it till fall....beer drinkin' on the deck at the cabin here I come...

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Sounds great Quigs, but what if you get a sudden idea of the irresistible nature, long before fall? I've got plans that leave a lot of modding out of my summer program too, but enjoy certain things done outdoors and have all of spring yet to play. In summer it is mostly for collecting items, with limited modding exceptions.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I hear ya, never say never, especially if you have to do a big repair, well hell, you may just as well re-build it, in fact while I'm at it I always wanted to...next thing you know... I'm talking this is just more like a sabbatical, since picking up a couple rebuildable atty's (and actually building a Genesis style that ACTUALLY works, lol) I'm thinking about getting more into building complete "off the grid" units in one box i.e. no 510 connectors and it's going to have an "opposing rare earth magnetic switch" because that just sounds so cool...I'm not quitting the hobby by a long shot ;) it's just I've built over 2 dozen mods (half of which are just copies of the ones you guys have seen) only to give them away to buddies (I tried that here and was rewarded with a nice temporary "ban" for my efforts:D)...I've seen what guys like you, Jhonutz, Derjuf, breakthrough, nicotime, (god the list goes on and on), have done and I feel it's time to stop pissing about gluing and soldering together yet another box, time to stop, think and gather (you're right, I love that part) and build something of note...it's not about wanting to be a vendor, I have a full time job, I don't want the headache, I just want to play with the "big boys"...and drink beer (and vape) on the deck while I'm thinking

Last edited:

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Nice job Quigs! Everything's nice and tightly packed/neat. The sanded down voltage meter looks really nice in-person. What kind of tube did you use to seal the recessed connection in the box? I've been wanting to do something like that, have an idea for an alternate way to do a bottom feed I'd like to try out (hard to explain)/

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
As far as the 18350's go, the tf's are all I have so I can't really compare them to anything else, ;) I get a full day out of a set and I'm a pretty heavy vaper.

The tube is a pen body, I have a shoebox full of old pens I've been adding to over the years...I'm so glad I kept it...i don't think I've built a mod that doesn't have at least one pen part in it:D

Sent via my "Getsmart" shoe phone

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
That's a good idea Jim, never thought about going to my eGo graveyard, I usually go straight to the dead Clearomizer pile...here's what I did exactly (and this is obviously dependant on the I.D. of your tube but...) I grabbed a sealed 510 con (full intentions of top feeding only), soldered the wires and put it together, I then shoved it into a 1 cm long chunk of clearomizer tube (I choose green, feeling a little summery I guess), I then cut a 1 cm chunk of carto condom and rolled it onto the clearomizer tube, I lubed it up with a little juice (peach, again, summery) and twisted and pressed it into the tube...fit like a thumb in a bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread