Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The cap sweet strawberry is sweet, maybe you can try OSDIY Succulent strawberry as a sub. I don't think that one is sweet, at least to me. Tastes just like a ripe strawberry.

:)
    I may do a remix at some point. I was thinking of a mix of strawberry and kiwi.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The problem I see is subjectivity concerning a juice contest. If I don't care for tobacco recipes I'm not going to vote for one for example. Maybe if you had categories for individual flavor profiles: straight fruit, custards, etc..

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    The problem I see is subjectivity concerning a juice contest. If I don't care for tobacco recipes I'm not going to vote for one for example. Maybe if you had categories for individual flavor profiles: straight fruit, custards, etc..
    Very true! It could be interesting, if it’s allowed. I’m sure it’d be hard to judge though!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I bet we all have enough/some backups of things we could "offer." LOL the trick would be matching the item to the winner.

I would enter... And be totally mortified if like, I came in LAST. But, it sounds fun enough that I could accept my "participation" trophy, like a gorilla bottle or something. Heh.

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I really don't see the point as everyone's taste is different
    Well, I’d do one myself if I could try them all myself. That’s the biggest problem I see. I guess perhaps it might have to be a long ordeal for mixes to have time to steep and get to them all, twice!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Trying my last attempt at Fizzy Gin Breeze. I give up . I really don't know why it's so sweet unless it's in the lime and pink champagne

FA Gin 1.5%
    FA Lime Tahiti 1%
    FW Pink Champagne 2%
    FA Kiwi 2%
    FA Grapefruit 2%
    WS-23 .5%

Mixed this one too many times. Moving on now.

This is pretty far removed from what the Fizzy Gin Breeze started as, which is of course, not a problem if you like it. Looks like you replaced pineapple with Kiwi. No pomegranate which does bring the tart. If you wanted to pursue this, and I am not suggesting you should, I would go back to the original and make changes, one at a time, from there. Or else, move on. Personally, I am liking the Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Sparkler, the Fizzy Sea Breeze, and the Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz more than the Gin Breeze.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This is pretty far removed from what the Fizzy Gin Breeze started as, which is of course, not a problem if you like it. Looks like you replaced pineapple with Kiwi. No pomegranate which does bring the tart. If you wanted to pursue this, and I am not suggesting you should, I would go back to the original and make changes, one at a time, from there. Or else, move on. Personally, I am liking the Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Sparkler, the Fizzy Sea Breeze, and the Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz more than the Gin Breeze.
    Yes.I've gave up on the Gin for now anyway. Still liking the Cranberry/Pom. Still have to try the Fizzy Sea Breeze:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I use many subs, another persons recipe is more a useful guide to me, not something I will actually mix as is.

Ive been finding myself do that more as I get to understand flavor better.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    DD353BFA-346E-45A6-9F5B-E36E8C5450A4.jpeg

I’m not into bananas in juice. Any thoughts on something to replace it with? I was really just looking for another fig recipe. Love peach, apple is ok. Feel free to make it completely different

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    View attachment 748941
    I’m not into bananas in juice. Any thoughts on something to replace it with? I was really just looking for another fig recipe. Love peach, apple is ok. Feel free to make it completely different
    Have you gotten any creams yet?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    View attachment 748941
    Or maybe a vanilla?

Users who are viewing this thread