Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I’d like to know if you find out. I was intrigued about the possibilities of basil in a mix
I tagged Roundhouse and wllmc next door, I'll let you know when they answer. I didn't get Zen Garden due to reviews commenting it was more like dried basil and the anise notes were stronger whereas Flavorah is more a fresh basil with softer anise notes. I love fresh basil, dried I can take or leave.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I have an old bottle of yellow cake flavoring that I found. It’s from mt. Baker so I believe it’s flavor West. It is a very dark brown color and I was wondering if anyone has a newer bottle of flavor West yellow cake and if it’s a dark dark brown color? I’m just wondering if I may have mixed something else in the bottle or if it’s gone bad. I didn’t want to start a thread for this so I figured I’d ask here. Any help will be appreciated, what’s your yellow cake flavoring look like?

I have a fairly new bottle and it is a dark flavoring. Hope that helps...

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Undecided if I should check out at BullCity or not. My wishlist hasn't changed any but I'm still afraid that as soon as I check out I'll remember something or someone will post a good sounding recipe. Happens every time. Guess I should take a better look at my often used flavors and make sure no others are low.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    All the talk about recipes.... @classwife Would love it if we posted some in the existing recipe thread.

Yeah I was just over on that recipe thread and not many recipes have been posted there in awhile. Was kind of disappointed especially knowing there are lots of good recipes floating throughout this thread.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    All the talk about recipes.... @classwife Would love it if we posted some in the existing recipe thread.

Well...it's not for me.
    It's for the people looking for a "X" recipe in the Recipe Forum and can't find one :)

Yeah I was just over on that recipe thread and not many recipes have been posted there in awhile. Was kind of disappointed especially knowing there are lots of good recipes floating throughout this thread.

Wait...thread ?
    There is a whole Forum to post recipes :
    E-Liquid Recipes

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I love the recipes here, but the discussion is more than worth the cost of admission. I learn so much from y’all. I’m especially thankful for Fran’s shared dislike of sweeeeeet. I haven’t mixed many juices, but so far none are throw aways. A couple took some errrr “adjusting”, but that’s way better than I expected. It’s wonderful having a group to bounce ideas to, especially for someone just starting out like me.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Yes that’s what I wanted to hear. My bottle is bout 5 years old so wanted to make sure it didn’t turn. Thank you.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I have an old bottle of yellow cake flavoring that I found. It’s from mt. Baker so I believe it’s flavor West. It is a very dark brown color and I was wondering if anyone has a newer bottle of flavor West yellow cake and if it’s a dark dark brown color? I’m just wondering if I may have mixed something else in the bottle or if it’s gone bad. I didn’t want to start a thread for this so I figured I’d ask here. Any help will be appreciated, what’s your yellow cake flavoring look like?
    But, mine is a light yellow. Sorry to confuse the issue.
    Wow the listing is gone completely, not just oos. Wonder why, I'll go to VU and ask wllmc later.
    Would love to know why basil went <POOF>
    It's still in my cart. I hope it stays there when I check out.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yes that’s what I wanted to hear. My bottle is bout 5 years old so wanted to make sure it didn’t turn. Thank you.
    Is there a time limit on flavors? I’ve only bought mostly 10 ml as I dip my toe into mixing. The few flavors I was sure about I bought 4oz bottles

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    But, mine is a light yellow. Sorry to confuse the issue.

It's still in my cart. I hope it stays there when I check out.
    Fingers crossed for you. Let me know if it goes through. It was in my cart, then gone :(

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Is there a time limit on flavors? I’ve only bought mostly 10 ml as I dip my toe into mixing. The few flavors I was sure about I bought 4oz bottles
    Some flavorings seem to last forever. Others don't. Does it smell ok?
    Fingers crossed for you. Let me know if it goes through. It was in my cart, then gone :(
    fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It was on my order confirmation, I'll send you some when I get it.

Most flavors will last for at least two years and longer. There are some that fade I've read. I keep 15-30ml of mine out and keep the rest in the fridge. Don't freeze them.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    My FW yellow cake was bought sometime in 2013. It’s from Mt. Baker and my last order was from 2013. Mine is dark and kinda thick, I thought maybe I mixed two flavors together but I guess new it’s a dark brown and it smells good so I’ll use it.

Users who are viewing this thread