Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I can see that working. My notes are below. It could be a good flavor in a mix if you like an orange vape. Sweet orange just doesn't work for me. Pomegranate might tart it up a bit. IDK
  • Blood Orange Champagne

Tested at 4% and steeped for a week. The first thing I taste is an artificial orange flavor. The blood orange is candy-like and sweet. There is no tart citrus you would get from the actual fruit. The perception of effervescence is right up there with FW Pink Champagne. They got the champagne fizzy sparkle down. Why ruin that fizzy sparkle with that artificial blood orange though? For me, the sweet orange weighs down the fizzy sparkle but it does come through at 4%. I don't think you will be able to mix around the sweet orange so I see this in a Mimosa or other cocktail. It doesn't have the thicker mouthfeel of the other fizzy flavors so this won't give you much texture or mouthfeel. It is boozier than the other champagnes tested but getting around that sweet orange will be a real challenge.

I do not find it overly sweet and every once in a while I like a little especially with all the sour stuff I vape. This flavor is actually tasting better today. Thanks for your testing notes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do not find it overly sweet and every once in a while I like a little especially with all the sour stuff I vape. This flavor is actually tasting better today. Thanks for your testing notes.
    Sour stuff? I'm interested:)

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I think my latest bottle was 4 Oz. I go through SO much of that stuff with the Kris Kringle recipe, I was always running out. This bottle should last a while though.:)
    Hmm, the recipe that I've been using contains only FW Candy Cane and Koolada. Would you share the version that you use? I love sweet peppermint, so... Options. ;)

I also use it in a recipe called Holy Sundae that I am enjoying more and more each time I tank it up. Even though it uses HG RY4, it's all Sundae.

butterscotch ripple FW 1.5%
    Holy Holy Grail RY4 v1 8%
    Vanilla Ice Cream LB 5%
    Vanilla Swirl 2.5%

I steeped it 3-4 weeks. If you do not like sweet eliquids you might want to only make a 10ml tester on this to see if you like it. I don't think it's too sweet at all, but I could totally see others thinking it is.
    OMG, I have everything for this! Guess I should have stocked up on the HGRY4, as I only have the one 30ml on hand (I got a boatload of the HHG vanilla, though). ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    :shock:

When you try the 10-12 lemonade SFTs, I am very interested in your thoughts.

I don't know for sure but I don't think there are a lot of lemonade flavors that I don't have. I pulled ten lemonade flavors and made a stone. My first batch is at 14% with .5% super sweet. At 14 it's a little strong but good. I'm going to try 10% next time and see how that is. A lot of the sft I need to try are tobacco flavors. I still hadn't gotten around to trying the labrynth from a couple orders ago. I did try the cap strawberry taffy and to me it didn't have much strawberry flavor. I'd think in a recipe you'd need to boost it with one or two strawberry flavors. I did try three new to me lemonade recipes and even bought some flavors to make them but didn't really love any of them.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Hmm, the recipe that I've been using contains only FW Candy Cane and Koolada. Would you share the version that you use? I love sweet peppermint, so... Options. ;)
    ;)

My every single day, pretty much all day vape, is based on HIC's Heart of Andes. Since this is not HIC's recipe as I altered it to suit my tastes, I will post it here. The original is great too and you can find it with Google.

Peppermint Snow
    FA Cream Fresh 1.5%
    Marshmallow 1.5%
    FA Peppermint 2%
    INW Shisha Vanilla 1.5%
    VTA Sweet Cream 1.5%
    Vienna Cream 1.5%
    WS-23 30% Solution .5%

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I think my latest bottle was 4 Oz. I go through SO much of that stuff with the Kris Kringle recipe, I was always running out. This bottle should last a while though.:)

What percentages of peppermint, menthol, creme de menthe, koolada, and sweetener do you use in your Kris Kringle recipe?

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I've mixed my own simple version of a rootbeer float for a coworker, and I'm in the mood to mix some for myself. I tried it a while back and I'm pretty satisfied with it.
    RBF
    Total amount: 30ml (30.34g)
    Nicotine strength:: 50mg/ml
    PG/VG/H2O: 61/39/0

- Nicotine base: 15ml (15.6g)
    - Zero PG portion: 0ml (0g)
    - Zero VG portion: 11.7ml (14.74g)
    - H2O portion: 0ml (0g)
    - Root beer float FW - 7%: 2.1ml (2.18g)
    - Vanilla bean ice cream CAP - 3.5%: 1.05ml (1.09g)
    - Super sweet CAP - 0.5%: 0.15ml (0.16g)

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    sorry if i missed anything, trying to catch up on about 10 pages :p
    Have you tried the DIYFS Dejarm? I have it but haven't tested it yet.
    no I haven't... I don't really care for tobacco but this may need a touch....
    I wish i could clone the Sampoerna for my cousin. She won’t try anything but a clove flavor and the ones I made for her, she didn’t like it. They were SF though

You could try mixing just a bit of tobacco with the clove.

That's a good idea, thanks! I feel like she's ready to start vaping, she's just so darn picky with the flavoring (yes, we are blood related :lol:)
    yeah sf's do not cut it... I tried almost every clove out there and none were right, 6 years in the making and I've finally nailed it (or extremely close) though I may knock the anise down a bit, I looked up many things on clove cigarettes to find out the components....
    diyfs clove 4%
    diyfs anise 2%
    diyfs cinnamon 1%
    tfa french vanilla 1%
    sweetener .8%
    diyfs coffee 1%
    fw sassafras 1%
    fa cardamom 1.5%
    tfa holiday spice 1.5% (for the nutmeg)
    tfa maple syrup 1%
    fw ginger .3% (optional but I think it helps)

15.10% flavoring, it really could be lowered down to 10% which I may do later and as said the anise probably needs to be lowered and maybe a tobacco flavor added to round it out
    I was an avid sampoerna xtra smoker until they were banned, djarum blacks were ok but not the same...

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Bleugh cleaned the house. Apart from the floors it looks like a human lives here now, not a feral beast. I used strategy, starting with the bathroom and ALL the trash and flotsam and jetsam.

Because, once I wash the dishes (handwashing dishes is my favorite chore, I'm not sure I ever want a dishwasher again. Today I imagined the hot water was God, and every time something was rinsed, a good thing happened. IDK could be the head.) After that I am somehow CONGENTIALLY trained (it might have been my mother, I'm not sure, to CLEAN the whole entire kitchen no matter what.

Then I mixed some tea and also another Pink Champagne mix I was pleasantly surprised I had more than I thought so I played around a little, added a bit of marsala wine (it smelled like it would work, bilberry and a few of my other favorite fruits.) They're both kind of shake and vape but improve with time. I don't have the energy yet to like, rewick the atomizers they are going in.

IDK I think this is the added valium. For the first few days it just KILLS your motivation. Like, once you can get DOING something, you can keep going. But first you have to do it.

I'm glad I stayed home my head hurts and there's some blood but that's kind of what you get for like, running into a door jamb. Nothing terrifying.

ALL my motivation tomorrow morning is gonna have to be "Get to work" though. I'm fairly sure.

Oh, I rhubarbed but my rhubarb custard. The custard is now definitely the secondary note. lt's much better.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Bleugh cleaned the house. Apart from the floors it looks like a human lives here now, not a feral beast. I used strategy, starting with the bathroom and ALL the trash and flotsam and jetsam.

Because, once I wash the dishes (handwashing dishes is my favorite chore, I'm not sure I ever want a dishwasher again. Today I imagined the hot water was God, and every time something was rinsed, a good thing happened. IDK could be the head.) After that I am somehow CONGENTIALLY trained (it might have been my mother, I'm not sure, to CLEAN the whole entire kitchen no matter what.

Then I mixed some tea and also another Pink Champagne mix I was pleasantly surprised I had more than I thought so I played around a little, added a bit of marsala wine (it smelled like it would work, bilberry and a few of my other favorite fruits.) They're both kind of shake and vape but improve with time. I don't have the energy yet to like, rewick the atomizers they are going in.

IDK I think this is the added valium. For the first few days it just KILLS your motivation. Like, once you can get DOING something, you can keep going. But first you have to do it.

I'm glad I stayed home my head hurts and there's some blood but that's kind of what you get for like, running into a door jamb. Nothing terrifying.

ALL my motivation tomorrow morning is gonna have to be "Get to work" though. I'm fairly sure.

Oh, I rhubarbed but my rhubarb custard. The custard is now definitely the secondary note. lt's much better.

Anna
    I do hope the bleeding stops real soon.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My stupid tastebuds are just not having a good time with sfts today. WF SC Cobbler (Berry)mixed at 3% is good stuff but is too sweet for me.

VTA Grape Yogurt at 6% is pretty good but again too sweet. Giving up for today.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I do hope the bleeding stops real soon.

It's not bleeding anymore. Unless something happens like I get my arm stuck in a wood chipper I very much prefer examining an injury a couple hours after the fact. It seems better somehow, I mean it's not like I even fell down or passed out (to my knowledge.)

It will be fine but I MUST find a way to stop running into thing/hitting my head, whatever. It's the worst. LOL.

Anna

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California

OMG, I have everything for this! Guess I should have stocked up on the HGRY4, as I only have the one 30ml on hand (I got a boatload of the HHG vanilla, though). ;)
    Yes, I will get it to you shortly

Users who are viewing this thread