Random DIY mixing and More

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I grabbed some cantaloupe and honeydew on this last order. Trying to think how I want to use them. Want to try them without cremes or custards or anything heavy like that. Something punchy but not heavy. Maybe I should just mix the two and see what happens. Not sure what ratios. Got the Cantaloupe (FA) and Honeydew (TFA). Chime in if you have any ideas here.

I hope you find the right vape. You might have the right recipe but the wrong brand of flavoring. My Lord so many variables. If I don't gag I'll be successful.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
OK, I think I need to put away my toys for now.
I just looked a little closer - I have seven 10ml 'trial' flavors from July 1st, and four NET 10ml 'trial' mixes from June 10 that I haven't tried yet.
Time to break out the P2 / Achilles....

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Is that the sweetener you have to warm up and shake to dissolve the crystals ?

TFA makes a liquid sweetener as does others. EM can come in crystals that have to be dissolved in PG.

Sweetener-TFA

Ethyl Maltol can be purchased in a 10% solution, or as a Cotton Candy flavoring (like TFA/FW Cotton Candy ), or in a powder form where you can dilute them yourself.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Does anyone know of a good coconut? The one I bought from TFA has this twang to it and aftertaste that I.cannot.vape even if I tried. I can't even smell it now for wanting to hurl. TIA

FLAVOUR ART
    • Coco’ (Coconut)
    This is a nice, creamy coconut. It is more like the meat or juice from a coconut and not husk. This is not packaged, shredded coconut. It isn’t sweet and it isn’t artificial. Needs some sweetness added for a nice mix. I would use it at about 2% along with other coconuts to make a nice, sweet, coconut flavor.​

FLAVORAH
    • Sweet Coconut
      This is a nice, sweet, authentic coconut. Some pick up a floral taste, but I don’t. It isn’t super sweet, just a nice, naturally sweet with some coconut milk. It tastes like Coco Lopez so should be perfect in a tropical drink. It is lighter than some and more tropical. It is clean, fresh, and bright in flavor yet creamy and decadent. Use at 1.5% to 2% in a mix, with some FA Coco’ or INW Coconut to get true coconut milk.
    INAWERA
    • Coconut
      A nice milky coconut but with the taste of bagged, shredded coconut. A tough of husk is there, but it is light. This is not particularly sweet and I would consider it another mixing flavor to get a complete coconut. Not as fresh as FA, similar but a bit stronger. Mix no higher than 1.5% in a mix. I wouldn’t use it as a single flavor. It needs some helper flavors.
    JUNGLE FLAVORS
    • Coconut
      Similar to TFA Coconut. Another lightly sweetened, bagged, and shredded coconut. Use at low percentages to avoid suntan lotion. No higher than .5% to 1% to enhance a coconut mix. I would say interchangeable with TFA.

PURILUM
    • Fresh Coconut
      Freshly made as a single flavor tester at 7%, I get nothing other than a lightly sweet syrup with plastic undertones. I will test again in 7 days to see if a steep helps.
    TFA
    • Coconut
      This is a little sweeter than FA or INW. It tastes more like the taste of sweetened, bagged, shredded coconut. Use it at .5% to enhance other coconuts or you might get a sunscreen flavor. At low percentages, it is smooth and mild. The sweetness is nice.
    • Coconut Candy
      This is the sweetest coconut I tested. It is like a creamy, sweet, coconut candy. An enhancer if you want a good coconut mix. Use it at 1 to 2% to enhance a coconut mix. Definitely one to add to complete your mix. A mildly toasted flavor.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I grabbed some cantaloupe and honeydew on this last order. Trying to think how I want to use them. Want to try them without cremes or custards or anything heavy like that. Something punchy but not heavy. Maybe I should just mix the two and see what happens. Not sure what ratios. Got the Cantaloupe (FA) and Honeydew (TFA). Chime in if you have any ideas here.
    A trace of lime? A whisper of mint?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    FLAVOUR ART
    • Coco’ (Coconut)
    This is a nice, creamy coconut. It is more like the meat or juice from a coconut and not husk. This is not packaged, shredded coconut. It isn’t sweet and it isn’t artificial. Needs some sweetness added for a nice mix. I would use it at about 2% along with other coconuts to make a nice, sweet, coconut flavor.​

FLAVORAH
    • Sweet Coconut
      This is a nice, sweet, authentic coconut. Some pick up a floral taste, but I don’t. It isn’t super sweet, just a nice, naturally sweet with some coconut milk. It tastes like Coco Lopez so should be perfect in a tropical drink. It is lighter than some and more tropical. It is clean, fresh, and bright in flavor yet creamy and decadent. Use at 1.5% to 2% in a mix, with some FA Coco’ or INW Coconut to get true coconut milk.
    INAWERA
    • Coconut
      A nice milky coconut but with the taste of bagged, shredded coconut. A tough of husk is there, but it is light. This is not particularly sweet and I would consider it another mixing flavor to get a complete coconut. Not as fresh as FA, similar but a bit stronger. Mix no higher than 1.5% in a mix. I wouldn’t use it as a single flavor. It needs some helper flavors.
    JUNGLE FLAVORS
    • Coconut
      Similar to TFA Coconut. Another lightly sweetened, bagged, and shredded coconut. Use at low percentages to avoid suntan lotion. No higher than .5% to 1% to enhance a coconut mix. I would say interchangeable with TFA.

PURILUM
    • Fresh Coconut
      Freshly made as a single flavor tester at 7%, I get nothing other than a lightly sweet syrup with plastic undertones. I will test again in 7 days to see if a steep helps.
    TFA
    • Coconut
      This is a little sweeter than FA or INW. It tastes more like the taste of sweetened, bagged, shredded coconut. Use it at .5% to enhance other coconuts or you might get a sunscreen flavor. At low percentages, it is smooth and mild. The sweetness is nice.
    • Coconut Candy
      This is the sweetest coconut I tested. It is like a creamy, sweet, coconut candy. An enhancer if you want a good coconut mix. Use it at 1 to 2% to enhance a coconut mix. Definitely one to add to complete your mix. A mildly toasted flavor.
    This reminds me of another thing I'd like to do eventually: comb through this thread and eventually others for these kinds of flavor notes and collect them all in one place.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    This reminds me of another thing I'd like to do eventually: comb through this thread and eventually others for these kinds of flavor notes and collect them all in one place.

I think I would fall asleep long before the halfway point.
    Not that it would be boring. But long tedious tasks remind me of old man naps.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I think I would fall asleep long before the halfway point.
    Not that it would be boring. But long tedious tasks remind me of old man naps.
    Former copy editor here. Long, repetitive tasks used to be my bread and butter. (Not that all projects were long and repetitive, but a fair few were.)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    FLAVOUR ART
    • Coco’ (Coconut)

FLAVORAH
    • Sweet Coconut
    INAWERA
    • Coconut
    JUNGLE FLAVORS
    • Coconut

PURILUM
    • Fresh Coconut
    TFA
    • Coconut
    • Coconut Candy
    Wow! I’m blown away! This is exactly what I needed. I just printed this. :) I’m thinking of ordering a bunch of juice soon and this will help so much. I’ve heard coconut is hard in a vape and I love all things coconut so hopefully I’ll find something in this list that I like. I think floral is what I was tasting with the tfa. Bleck. Thank you so much...:wub:

Edited to add YES I was tasting sunscreen. That’s it! I’ll lower the %.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    Fran, I got my zbiip from ejuices today. I used points for it. I didn’t realize how big it is.
    Do those use all the Zenith coils? Specifically, the .8 and 1.6? I they seem to emphasize that it works with the Z coils, but I didn't see anything about the normal Zenith coils.

Reactions: FranC

Users who are viewing this thread