hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried the cranberry, Fuji, cactus mix. The cranberry isn’t coming through very much and the apple kinda stands out. Only five days steeping. I’m thinking of going down to 1% on the Fuji and up on the cranberry.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried the cranberry, Fuji, cactus mix. The cranberry isn’t coming through very much and the apple kinda stands out. Only five days steeping. I’m thinking of going down to 1% on the Fuji and up on the cranberry.
    What percentages did you use for all 3?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    vaping my tart cranberry again and there isn't much tart left for me.It's not actually sweet either.....yet Logical explanation is that the cranberry loses it's tartness?? If that's the case I will have to mix small bottles and vape them up quickly. I'll have to get to trying the other stuff I mixed with cranberry. Not to mention trying the rhubarb stuff.....LOL.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Did my nightly addition to my cart. Glad the 4th is soon.
    Did a tester of PST, Bourbon and smoked Butterscotch. I am a bit inexperienced with Bourbon and Butterscotch. I used
    5% PST
    1% FLA Bourbon
    1% FLA Smoked Butterscotch
    Do these seem like a good ratio or should I go heavier on any of them?
    That might be high for the FLV but don't know for sure. I'd up the ST to 6-7%. It's very mild.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Did my nightly addition to my cart. Glad the 4th is soon.

That might be high for the FLV but don't know for sure. I'd up the ST to 6-7%. It's very mild.
    I just added rhe other 2 to the PST i got on hand. I think it is actually 6% it has been 2 months since I made it and my memory sux.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did

8% cranberry Tfa
    2% Fuji
    2% cactus
    I'd drop the Fugi to .5%-1% since you don't like the apple taste.Leave the 2% Cactus. Maybe add some sweetener in because you like the sweet stuff and the sample you sent me is quite sweet.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Perfect to hold the 10ml flavor sizes
    Also you can buy those small round sticky labels at the dollar store and put them on the cap tops and write the flavor on it. That works really good for finding stuff in my drawer divider.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'd drop the Fugi to .5%-1% since you don't like the apple taste.Leave the 2% Cactus. Maybe add some sweetener in because you like the sweet stuff and the sample you sent me is quite sweet.

Thanks Fran. This isn’t unusable so I’ll probably use up the tester while I steep another one with less apple.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I'm going to start mixing nic base, man. It sounds so handy. LOL.

@FranC LOL the way you keep playing with your cart... I must tell a cautionary tale, and it is that my summer over in England (where I first started smoking, btw) me and my (then) BF and (then) best friend found a couple of shopping carts, and were having races with them. Drunk. Super fun, until the police or constable or whatever they're called showed up and told us we were engaging in "cart abuse."

We didn't get ticketed or anything but he was pretty stern. So keep an eye out. :D

I hope you find your magic set of flavors, actually! I would never have the patience for that. I'm going to pick out (a few) boozy flavors soon here, and just hope they're in stock once the July 4th sales start. LOL.

Anna

I just started mixing the nic base and I gotta tell you that mix day was much simpler by just eliminating those 2 steps. Also I have all my flavors organized now in the nail polish case so it was a breeze to find everything I needed.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tasted it. It is still a bit too early to really tell but I think it'll steep nicely.:) The Smoked butterscotch is nice and mellow.
    Hope it comes out good. I don't know the suggested % on those FLV flavors yet. I have the FLV Bourbon in my cart so I do need to find out what it is.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just started mixing the nic base and I gotta tell you that mix day was much simpler by just eliminating those 2 steps. Also I have all my flavors organized now in the nail polish case so it was a breeze to find everything I needed.
    A little organization goes a long way.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I don't see a choice on BCF to buy flavorings in glass. That would be great!

I'm sorry this is turning out not to be a simple question. I just assumed that since others had ordered from BCF before, they would have been faced with the same choice. And that some of you would have chosen each of the options that BCF offers.

I'll made sure to order at least one of each choice. Then I'll know.

That must be it. Thanks!

I have and that is the twist cap option which I order for easy use.

Users who are viewing this thread