Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Cat to the vet at noon, leaves after that. And try to get a friend to take a look at my roof. Part of a shingle blew off in the storm! I'm going to worry about it until it's fixed.
The latest is roofers going around to homes with discontinued shingles and offering a free inspection of your roof. They always find something wrong and you file a claim with your insurance company. They have to replace the entire roof due to it being a discontinued shingle. All the homeowner pays is their deductible.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
The latest is roofers going around to homes with discontinued shingles and offering a free inspection of your roof. They always find something wrong and you file a claim with your insurance company. They have to replace the entire roof due to it being a discontinued shingle. All the homeowner pays is their deductible.
There are a lot of scammers out there, people have to be careful.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cat to the vet at noon, leaves after that. And try to get a friend to take a look at my roof. Part of a shingle blew off in the storm! I'm going to worry about it until it's fixed.
    Yeah, a possible leak is a big worry.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety

Yeahhh, no. My friend is a contractor. It's one tab off a shingle. The roof is old and will be replaced in Spring/Summer next year anyway, by someone reputable! Claims to insurance are not good. They get whatever they paid out to you back and more, or they cancel you altogether. Unless it's something catastrophic, you're better off just paying for it yourself.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Speaking of stocking do you folks feel you’re done or you need more? I have my FLA flavors coming today and 1 4ml Zenith coming slow boat. I have a handful of flavors to restock.

The only thing I can think of is if I need more Zenith coils. I have been using these coils on 3 different set up for awhile now. I just like them. They tend to last quite awhile. I will be 72 in a matter of days and I have 27 boxes. Do I need more?

Are you sure you're not going to be 27 and have 72 boxes of coils?:)

We got our latest insurance plan details this morning at work. It's not good!

I didn't get anything done with putting my stash into my new containers this weekend. I did get a few sft done. I've got a couple recipes I want to mix for the first time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Are you sure you're not going to be 27 and have 72 boxes of coils?:)

We got our latest insurance plan details this morning at work. It's not good!

I didn't get anything done with putting my stash into my new containers this weekend. I did get a few sft done. I've got a couple recipes I want to mix for the first time.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not 27 anymore. No opinion on the coils?

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Mixing-wise, I've been playing with RF Blackberry Jam Toast. After a good steep, and the addition of a little raspberry, it's pretty good!

Zenith coils, IDK. I think I have enough, but I always just throw a few more in the cart whenever I'm ordering something. I think I have about 25 boxes once they all get here. It's a balancing act. Will I have boxes of coils left once all the tanks die, or tanks left with no coils?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yeahhh, no. My friend is a contractor. It's one tab off a shingle. The roof is old and will be replaced in Spring/Summer next year anyway, by someone reputable! Claims to insurance are not good. They get whatever they paid out to you back and more, or they cancel you altogether. Unless it's something catastrophic, you're better off just paying for it yourself.
    I felt that way too for a long time. But I've talked to people who have had their roofs done in this shady way and their premiums barely nudged up. I asked around. What the insurance companies do is raise all premiums in the region. Explains why my home insurance premiums quadruples the rate of inflation.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I felt that way too for a long time. But I've talked to people who have had their roofs done in this shady way and their premiums barely nudged up. I asked around. What the insurance companies do is raise all premiums in the region. Explains why my home insurance premiums quadruples the rate of inflation.

Well, I'm planning to replace the roof anyway, and I want a company that stands behind their work. I don't go with fly-by-night types. That's interesting though. So basically, if your neighbors submit all kinds of claims, you pay, too. Insurance is such a racket!

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I'm pretty sure I'm not 27 anymore. No opinion on the coils?
    Just figure out how many you use in a year like 2 per month=24. Then figure how many years you want them to last??? and multiply # of coils time that.

EX: I use approx 2 per month and want them to last for 20 years so I will plan on"
    2x12=24 coils per year x 20 years=480 coils, 5 per box=96 boxes.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Regarding the flavor ban, I do have one final order of pre-made juice coming, mostly for old times sake. Should get it today. I think if there is a flavor ban, DIY will fall soon after. Too many uninformed people will start mixing, and bad things will happen. In this climate, it won't take much for the spotlight to fall on "dangerous" DIY.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well, I'm planning to replace the roof anyway, and I want a company that stands behind their work. I don't go with fly-by-night types. That's interesting though. So basically, if your neighbors submit all kinds of claims, you pay, too. Insurance is such a racket!
    Auto insurance is the same, partly based on how others in your area are driving/claims.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just figure out how many you use in a year like 2 per month=24. Then figure how many years you want them to last??? and multiply # of coils time that.

EX: I use approx 2 per month and want them to last for 20 years so I will plan on"
    Well, I probably won't be around in 20 years. My coils generally last more than one month but I guess I could use some more coils.

Reactions: NolaMel

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well, I probably won't be around in 20 years. My coils generally last more than one month but I guess I could use some more coils.
    Yeah, mine last longer but I was being conservative. I only have about 40 boxes but oh well. I have other things like the ego one rebuildable coils and stuff.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I mostly use RTAs so really have no idea how many coils to stock. I would guess that I have maybe 20 boxes. I also wonder how many tanks you should have to last through 96 boxes of coils. Probably at least five I would guess.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, mine last longer but I was being conservative. I only have about 40 boxes but oh well. I have other things like the ego one rebuildable coils and stuff.
    I have other things also but having several devices that take the Z coils I really don't want to run out in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread