Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I didn't realise that sale was still going. Now I’m making sure I didn’t miss anything:laugh:
    The 2 flavors I got were the only ones of interest to me at ECX. Got lucky with the sale on the plum and the code. Now to wait for a BCF sale.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Not a heck of alot. INW Smoked Plum and FA Fresh Fig. My other 15 flavors will come from BCF
    I don't like those flavors in RL so I will pass on them.

I am hoping NR will have a sale also as I need some Purlium refills. Never ending with the flavors, is it?

LOL

:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Thinking it’s time to brave a couple tobaccos, as I’ve talked about it long enough I guess. I’m looking at the ones in ECX sale atm. I know absolutely nothing about any of these. I selected top rated but theres quite a few 5 stars. If anyone has any input, it’d be most appreciated. I hadn’t planned on mixing with tobaccos but @FranC says I should try some. So, this is what I’m looking at...

tobacco Absolute 50%

Inawera
    Morning Rain
    555 Gold
    American Type
    Vanilla Pipe
    Gold Ducat
    Cavendish
    AM4A

ECX
    Hongtashan (Black Fire)
    KNT
    tobacco Aditive
    Golden Leaf
    Cohiba Flavor
    Turkish

Flavor West
    Inport Beach
    Peach Tobacco
    American
    Havana Cigar
    Honey Wood
    Vanilla Tobacco

Jungle Flavors
    American Tobacco

Flavor Art
    Soho
    RY4
    Dark Vapor
    *Oba Oba (leaning on this one)
    Eclipse
    Dessert Ship
    Cuban Supreme
    Flash
    Oryental 4
    Cam Blend Ultimate
    Black Fire
    Tuscan reserve Ultimate

TFA
    RY4 Double
    RY4 Type

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    To me, the VTA Sorbet Base has an odd flavor that I can't pinpoint. It is slightly sweet with an undefinable citrus note and a bit of a coolant, probably Koolada. I made a Pineapple Basil Sorbet using the VTA Sorbet Base and though it is nice, that odd flavor is still there. Wish I could figure out what it is.
    The coolant is why I haven't jumped. just don't like them.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So what does ECX have that BCV doesn't?

NVM I should have read posts 1st.

They have Jungle flavors. They are on sale; ordered dulce de leche, strawberry harvest, and honeydew melon this time. JF lemon and yellow cake is good. Flavor Express sweet rice and lemon are very good. The JF and FE lemons don't fade.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    They have Jungle flavors. They are on sale; ordered dulce de leche, strawberry harvest, and honeydew melon this time. JF lemon and yellow cake is good. Flavor Express sweet rice and lemon are very good. The JF and FE lemons don't fade.
    Thank you. I was wondering where the Jungle Flavors were coming from...

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Said I have to purchase a membership. I'll just play with the WF frozen yogurt and citrus if the urge hits for a sorbet type.

Sorbets generally don't have any dairy. They are more fruit ices. Lemon, lime (esp. Lime Sicily Distilled), and a light ice are what makes a sorbet a sorbet. You might prefer sherbets instead. The coolant in the Sorbet Base is very light - just a touch of ice. It just has an off flavor, for me. I would love to hear what others who have tried it have to say.

I would post the recipe here but I am sure that would be a violation of some sort. He usually puts his recipes on All The Flavors but that one isn't there. He uses 5.5% CAP Lemon Lime as a base (too high, IMO) and adds in some FA Black Currant, FW Blackberry, and FW Blueberry. I still think that the high % of CAP Lemon Lime would overpower even those strong flavored berries but I might try it just to see.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Sorbets generally don't have any dairy. They are more fruit ices. Lemon, lime (esp. Lime Sicily Distilled), and a light ice are what makes a sorbet a sorbet. You might prefer sherbets instead. The coolant in the Sorbet Base is very light - just a touch of ice. It just has an off flavor, for me. I would love to hear what others who have tried it have to say.

I would post the recipe here but I am sure that would be a violation of some sort. He usually puts his recipes on All The Flavors but that one isn't there. He uses 5.5% CAP Lemon Lime as a base (too high, IMO) and adds in some FA Black Currant, FW Blackberry, and FW Blueberry. I still think that the high % of CAP Lemon Lime would overpower even those strong flavored berries but I might try it just to see.
    WF frozen yogurt is more an ice milk than a creamy yogurt. Pretty thin and inappropriately named imo. First WF that disappointed me.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @IDJoel how sweet is the TFA Green Tea? I haven't got mine yet so I can't do a tester.
    I get zero sweetness from it; just straightforward tea (maybe a bit more toward Lipton VS. true green tea, but tea none the less). However, with your sensitivity to sweet, I am not making any guarantees. :D:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread