Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The idea is percolating in my head right now. I will share once it percolates a bit more. Also, I will check my TFA Cranberry tester - it is well steeped by now. I tested it freshly made so will compare against my notes and get back to you.

How about a Cranberry Pom Forest Fruit Sorbet?
    Your thoughts on mixing %??

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @Letitia - Wayne's Blackcurrant Sorbet recipe is on All The Flavors. I missed it when I looked yesterday.

Blackcurrant Sorbet

I still think he uses too much CAP Lemon Lime but maybe it works better with strong flavors like Black Currant, Blackberry, etc. IDK

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Your thoughts on mixing %??

Hmm - maybe something like this:

Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Forest Fruit (FA) 3%
    Lemon Sicily (FA) .75%
    Pomegranate (FA) 0.75%
    Pomegranate (TPA) 4%
    Sorbet Base (VT) 2%
    Sweetener 0.50%
    WS-23 30% 0.50%

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @PJReid If you did a cranberry tester I'll hold off on mine til you try yours. If you tell me it's still tart then I'll have to mix my own.

These are my original notes on the single flavor test:

TFA
    • Cranberry
      I tested this one at 8%. It is a more realistic cranberry than the FLV, which might change with a steep for the FLV. It has a moderately dense mouthfeel. It is bitter and tart with a light sweetness. Rather thin and reminiscent of unsweetened cranberry juice. It isn’t juicy so will need some help from a juicier fruit in a mix. Probably will need a sweetener as well depending on the fruit. In a mix, 3-4% will give a tart cranberry flavor. This is the better of the two cranberry flavors for a shake & vape recipe.
    The only change I would make to those notes after the steep is that it seems a bit thicker and a bit juicier - just a bit. It is still tart with a light sweetness but the bitter steeped out. Tastes delicious to me. :) Guess you will have to do your own test. Sorry.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    These are my original notes on the single flavor test:

TFA
    • Cranberry
      I tested this one at 8%. It is a more realistic cranberry than the FLV, which might change with a steep for the FLV. It has a moderately dense mouthfeel. It is bitter and tart with a light sweetness. Rather thin and reminiscent of unsweetened cranberry juice. It isn’t juicy so will need some help from a juicier fruit in a mix. Probably will need a sweetener as well depending on the fruit. In a mix, 3-4% will give a tart cranberry flavor. This is the better of the two cranberry flavors for a shake & vape recipe.
    The only change I would make to those notes after the steep is that it seems a bit thicker and a bit juicier - just a bit. It is still tart with a light sweetness but the bitter steeped out. Tastes delicious to me. :) Guess you will have to do your own test. Sorry.
    Yes I suppose I will....LOL. The bitter you describe is tart to me. So if that steeps out it leaves sweet. Yup I gotta mix a tester.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hmm - maybe something like this:

Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Forest Fruit (FA) 3%
    Lemon Sicily (FA) .75%
    Pomegranate (FA) 0.75%
    Pomegranate (TPA) 4%
    Sorbet Base (VT) 2%
    Sweetener 0.50%
    WS-23 30% 0.50%
    Thank you. Gives me basic idea:thumbs:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Yes I suppose I will....LOL. The bitter you describe is tart to me. So if that steeps out it leaves sweet. Yup I gotta mix a tester.

In case you were wondering, I also retested the FLV Cranberry and it still tastes like dirt. :D It is VERY earthy. I haven't tried the Cranberry Gin and Tonic I made with the FLV - it needs a few more days. I added some Liquid Amber to that batch to "cook" the cranberry. We shall see.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    In case you were wondering, I also retested the FLV Cranberry and it still tastes like dirt. :D It is VERY earthy. I haven't tried the Cranberry Gin and Tonic I made with the FLV - it needs a few more days. I added some Liquid Amber to that batch to "cook" the cranberry. We shall see.
    Should be interesting:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @Letitia - Wayne's Blackcurrant Sorbet recipe is on All The Flavors. I missed it when I looked yesterday.

Blackcurrant Sorbet

I still think he uses too much CAP Lemon Lime but maybe it works better with strong flavors like Black Currant, Blackberry, etc. IDK
    Thank you, with the handful of lemons and limes I have I can probably find a nice balance for a sorbet one shot mix.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I used it at 6% and had to let it steep for quite a while.
    I'm not crazy about premixed lemon lime favors, I like the balances I come with from mix to mix. Sometimes you want more of one than the other.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Blackcurrant Sorbet

I've never used any of Waynes Recipes. Not up my alley. But I have gotten a few for tweaking.:)

Users who are viewing this thread