Random DIY mixing and More

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid At what percentage did you mix your FLV cranberry at? and what percentage did you put in your mix?

I mixed my single flavor tester at 3.5%. The only recipe I have made with FLV Cranberry is the Cranberry Gin & Tonic where I used 2%. I am not sure there is any hope for that stuff. :oops:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The order I placed at BCF YESTERDAY was on my doorstep today. Imagine my surprise!!! It was shipped FedEx Ground as I ordered 120ml of LA Lemonade which is restricted shipping. Apparently FedEx Ground from NC to VA is overnight. :D

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The order I placed at BCF was on my doorstep today. Imagine my surprise!!! It was shipped FedEx Ground as I ordered 120ml of LA Lemonade which is restricted shipping. Apparently FedEx Ground from NC to VA is overnight. :D
Thats a idea. When you move are you shipping your flavors/nic?

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thats a idea. When you move are you shipping your flavors/nic?

Yes, I am. I might leave the nic I currently have in the freezer and get a smaller bottle of Carolina Xtracts nic since that will last a good amount of time for me. I plan to vac seal flavors and use a lot of bubble wrap around the vac sealed packets.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes, I am. I might leave the nic I currently have in the freezer and get a smaller bottle of Carolina Xtracts nic since that will last a good amount of time for me. I plan to vac seal flavors and use a lot of bubble wrap around the vac sealed packets.
Good idea. Learned my lesson what I drove down to FL with a litre of nic well packaged( so I thought) and all.(in 2 separate bottles) Had to stop over night and by the time I made it down there, the box got dropped and I lost it all. I also had them in a zipper baggie so the spill was contained but still.(And no I was not the one that dropped it, lol) It might have survived if I had not put the 2 together in that baggie. Oh well....live and learn....

:)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thank you. Ordered.
The order I placed at BCF YESTERDAY was on my doorstep today. Imagine my surprise!!! It was shipped FedEx Ground as I ordered 120ml of LA Lemonade which is restricted shipping. Apparently FedEx Ground from NC to VA is overnight. :D
:shock:

Did you have to pay extra shipping for that?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Holy cow !!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The Plum or the Amber?

The Amber is what I was referencing. It's a distinctive flavor that I think will stand out if used at higher percentages.

Fran, I had Liquid amber from deej way back...didn't like it at all
Couldn't even tell you what it tasted like

That's what I think, except I like it, just can't give a good description of it.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Googled What is Liquid Amber

https://www.audubon.org/news/the-liquid-amber-tree
The generic name, Liquidambar, means, literally, "liquid amber" and refers to the pleasant-tasting resin that the tree exudes when you peel away the deeply furrowed bark. It was once used commercially for making soaps, adhesives and drugs.

*shrug*

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Googled What is Liquid Amber

The Liquid Amber Tree
The generic name, Liquidambar, means, literally, "liquid amber" and refers to the pleasant-tasting resin that the tree exudes when you peel away the deeply furrowed bark. It was once used commercially for making soaps, adhesives and drugs.

*shrug*

I could see it tasting like a tree sap, but I don't know which tree to lick.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mixed my single flavor tester at 3.5%. The only recipe I have made with FLV Cranberry is the Cranberry Gin & Tonic where I used 2%. I am not sure there is any hope for that stuff. :oops:
    Thank you:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I really don't care what I mix with the Amber. Can be Cranberry or whatever. All I want to do it see what effect I get from the Amber to see if I want to use it at all.

You could do a test of cranberry or plum at whatever testing % you want to use (I usually go with the mfg recommended percentage) and add in .25 of Liquid Amber. It is potent stuff.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Did you have to pay extra shipping for that?

Since that amount of LA Lemonade requires ground shipping, I expected to see the package by late next week since ground can be slow. Nice surprise!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You could do a test of cranberry or plum at whatever testing % you want to use (I usually go with the mfg recommended percentage) and add in .25 of Liquid Amber. It is potent stuff.
    Thank you. That's all I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread