The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just read a review of FA cookie. I think they are very similar but the FA has more vanilla. Also (for both of them) don't mix too strong... get's an odd taste (I did this in a mix with lemon and vanilla custard... had to add more lemon and then dilute the whole thing to tone down the cookie) Steeping also helps.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Pudding base is one of my favorite flavors. I mix it with pomegranate for a simple two flavor recipe. I’ll bet it would work well with most fruit flavors.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    In my experience, yoghurt does not need an INSANELY long steep, it does improve but kinda just a bit. You can wait a week or so, or just vape it and yes, it will get better.

I am also a big fan of Greek yoghurt, in life and in vape. The tangy bite is really good. Coconut Greek yoghurt is a favorite of mine (2 flavor recipe) but I won't be offended if some of you go "ick." I mean some of you use cherry, and that flavor was ONLY developed to torture children. New cherries come out every now and then, but it is only to make CERTAIN the children don't become ACCUSTOMED to the cherry flavor, etc.

Those of you who like cherry, well I just assume you were former Robotrippers or something. IDK. I mean, I don't make SPECIFIC assumptions but I am like, "Yeah, I bet that person did some pharmacy shoplifting as a kid."

Anna

Also, at the stroke of NOON ish I am going to Walmart. I am feeling worse as the day progresses which is kinda normal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Nick's LMP is a favorite for me, too. I always have some made. I keep a 60mL One Shot of it onhand, too...so it makes mixing more really easy and fast. Have enough of the flavorings to make 5L of finished eliquid! Wasn't planning on always having that much, but... my hairdresser and another ECF member have me make (2) 100mL bottles of it for them at a time. So when a vendor has a really good sale, I just replenish more of the flavorings. I really like it when BCF has a sale, because of the 2 VT ones.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    I am a huge fan of it as well. I really love the layers of flavor it has...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. hittman

Supporting member
    I’ve been keeping a one shot of it also but not as much as you do. I’m just supplying myself.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'll be finding out soon if I like yogurt. I'm guessing no as I don't care for it in real life either. Is the Greek Yogurt vape sour? And do you add vanilla?

• Like Like x 4
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    It is slightly sour, yes. Think goat cheese vs. regular cheese type of thing. It's got a yogurt-y bite to it. But it's not exactly sour completely. It has sweet undertones.

Do keep in mind as a toddler, my family was like passing through France in a VW van, and my mom decided to cook escargots, only I think she bought some frozen ones and... IDK cooked them some how. They were not high end is what I am trying to say. Everyone thought they were gross so they gave them to me, and well, I ate them all. I don't remember but everyone says I ate ALL of them, rapidly.

I do have a lot of "normal" to you lot things I won't eat much (like peanut butter) but I will eat a lot of stuff, and while EVERYONE knows my feelings on goats, the cheese is delicious, and the goat itself, well prepared correctly, is also kind of like a greek yoghurt version of lamb which is THE BEST. LOL.

Lamb I could eat lamb every day and be happy. Like, ,SUPER happy.

I think you can add vanilla if you want, but then you will have vanilla Greek yogurt which to me, tastes fine.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Pipesandcigars have some excellent prices and a wide selection of good tobacco's. I need to try doing my own NET extractions again. I extracted three tobacco's in room temperature PG a few years ago, but I was too impatient and my results weren't very good.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    The filtering is key.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I have been ordering from p&c for three years now, love their selection.
    I do cold maceration at room temperature myself, for three months.
    And Bronze is correct, filtration is the key for homemade NET liquids.

• Like Like x 6
  12. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Maybe some graham cracker?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I couldn’t find a code.

• Like Like x 5
  14. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm going to try making that too (still need to order a few flavors) I don't like really sweet juices so often use plain graham cracker to balance out the overall sweetness. Another option is Pur cookie (like a shortbread cookie... not too sweet) I think FA cookie is similar but more vanilla if you like that.

• Like Like x 5
  15. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Good morning. Where is everyone? I just ordered a bunch of that buttermint you all raved about.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  16. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Uh, hunkering down from the rain?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  17. hittman

Supporting member
    I was feeling well enough to go ahead and come to work today. We are going out for dinner tonight as a sort of farewell dinner for my oldest daughter who is moving Wednesday. I doubt I'll be able to eat much but will be there for support.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    No test vaping today! Just gonna enjoy my ADV all day. :) I did mix more Honduran Raspberry and Mixed Berry because the wife is running out already. I guess those recipes work! I also mixed a Honduran Strawberry the other day so that one will get tested soon. I also have blueberry, peach, grapefruit, and coconut on my BCF wish list. I'll pick those up next week and try that with the Ligero.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'd try a cherry but I'm not sure there is a good cherry flavoring out there. Seems they all taste like cough drops.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I would have interest in the Grapefruit when you get to it.

• Like Like x 3