hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Grabbed two of the RBAs from FT since there’s a coupon. Bet it’s the end of March before I see them, but it’s not an urgent need. I’ll get the 510 once they go out of preorder and have some feedback. I don’t want to put too much $$ into the Boost since it’s internal battery.

I have two. If one dies then I may take it apart and see if I could replace the battery.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    As I mentioned earlier, I’m looking for a new ADV. I have about 4 months stocked up and then I’ll be out for good. This gives me plenty of time to find a new ADV and re-train my palate for DIY juice.
    Just out of curiosity, is this the first time you’re sharing this recipe? If not, have others enjoyed it? Did it take you a long time to perfect? Thanks so much for sharing it! I love mint and vanilla anything!!!!

I do think this is the first time I have shared the complete recipe. Others enjoy a mixture of Peppermint, Creme de Menthe, and Menthol like Halo's Kringle's Revenge. Mine is similar but with creams and vanilla added. I wouldn't say it took a long time to perfect since I was very familiar with Heart of Andes and how the flavors worked in that. My ADV used to be a Creme de Menthe and Menthol combination with either Sweet Cream or Whipped Cream. I just adjusted the percentages on the CdM down a bit so that the mint wouldn't be overwhelming. In my head, the addition of CdM and Menthol to my version of Heart of Andes worked and it turns out, it does for me.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Just to be clear, the one that was just posted is your favorite? Was there a big difference in types of ingredients, flavor percentages or both?
    You can put in Heart of Andes on ELR and find the recipe. (That’s quicker than me trying to post a partial link since ECF doesn’t play well with ELR.) I would try a tester of both and see which most tickles your tastebuds.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    To review?

I was kind of disappointed that I didn’t get the rba from geekvape for review. I’ve done so many for them that I would have thought they’d send the boost and rba.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    No, I bought two of the coil style rbas.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant the GV rba pod. Let me know how they are on flavor. I have a couple older versions for other ancient tanks that are “ok” on flavor, but not as good as I get with a rta/rda, or even the zenith. My only “new” one is the Squid Squad rba tank/pod. PITA to build and wick, but nice full flavor.
    I wish everything tasted like in an rda. I filled my Dovpo with @FranC ’s strawberry biscuit as a treat for myself for the weekend. And packed @PapawBrett ’s cherry and butterscotch NETs. (Saved those for last as they were my favorites). We’re heading to Mom’s to meet with a repair guy that quoted her an estimate that would make Bill Gates pass out. That, and to talk to her about giving up the truck. <sigh> not looking forward to that, but she’s at least open to discussion.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I was kind of disappointed that I didn’t get the rba from geekvape for review. I’ve done so many for them that I would have thought they’d send the boost and rba.
    They should have, your reviews are very good. Makes me wonder why... I may have missed it. Did anyone on here get one?

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Hitt, are you still being sent items for review from any vendors? GV told me they were sending the Boost twice but I haven't gotten it and Freemax seems to have stopped sending me stuff. Maybe they just didn't like my reviews but I wonder if it has to do with the dooming.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hitt, are you still being sent items for review from any vendors? GV told me they were sending the Boost twice but I haven't gotten it and Freemax seems to have stopped sending me stuff. Maybe they just didn't like my reviews but I wonder if it has to do with the dooming.

I haven't done any reviews since the Aegis X and Aegis squonk. I did get a pod device from freemax that I need to work on the review for this weekend. I honestly didn't know anything about this device before receiving it so need to do a little reading. I of course have my own experience with it which has been good so far.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't done any reviews since the Aegis X and Aegis squonk. I did get a pod device from freemax that I need to work on the review for this weekend. I honestly didn't know anything about this device before receiving it so need to do a little reading. I of course have my own experience with it which has been good so far.
    Are you thinking the devices for review have slowed down for you?

Reactions: NolaMel

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    1785072.gif

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Are you thinking the devices for review have slowed down for you?

I'm not sure why but I didn't get the Frenzy either for review. I'm not sure if they think I'm not interested in pod devices or what. I had gotten every new geekvape device and tank that came out there for a while for review. I got skipped on the boost also. However, I knew I wanted it and bought two anyway. The reviews for me have been hit and miss. I was surprised to get one from Freemax. I have only done one for them in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread