Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Winner , winner chicken dinner...

Honduran Acai

Honduran Ligero (Stixx Mixx) 8%
Acai (TFA) 3%

I don't believe I have ever had acai in any form. What an interesting flavor. Definitely in the berry family. I'd put it closest to blueberry and could be a good compliment to blueberry recipes. I'm afraid to use this word because it might give the wrong impression so don't exaggerate it in your mind, but it kind of tastes like blueberry that someone added a drop of licorice into. IT IS NOT A LICORICE vape! But it has that deeper exhale that I don't detect in berries in general. Difficult flavor to describe but most tasty. The recipe calls for 3% but I'm thinking I will lower this to 2% in future mixes as it does tend to hide the Ligero a bit. But this is strictly a personal preference. If you have never tried acai I think it would be worth it for you to add in your arsenal of fruit concentrates.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, since no one else said it, Happy Valentines Day.

I have mixing on hold until I decide on a blackberry mix. I want to try fran's strawberry biscuit mix but substitute blackberry. I want it tart but juicy with some sweetness also.
    Happy Valentines Day and good luck with the mix.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Winner , winner chicken dinner...

Honduran Acai

Honduran Ligero (Stixx Mixx) 8%
    Acai (TFA) 3%

I don't believe I have ever had acai in any form. What an interesting flavor. Definitely in the berry family. I'd put it closest to blueberry and could be a good compliment to blueberry recipes. I'm afraid to use this word because it might give the wrong impression so don't exaggerate it in your mind, but it kind of tastes like blueberry that someone added a drop of licorice into. IT IS NOT A LICORICE vape! But it has that deeper exhale that I don't detect in berries in general. Difficult flavor to describe but most tasty. The recipe calls for 3% but I'm thinking I will lower this to 2% in future mixes as it does tend to hide the Ligero a bit. But this is strictly a personal preference. If you have never tried acai I think it would be worth it for you to add in your arsenal of fruit concentrates.
    I’ll have to try that. I’ve never had a real one either but I have the flavor.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Happy Valentines Day! I gave my son cupcakes yesterday and candy today. Of course we both are partaking. :confused:

Taxes are done but I still don’t think he handled it correctly. Those tax people don’t play around. Of course I had everything together and summarized so it was easy for him. I hate paying someone to do them. I’m too cheap for that. I’m still not sure how to handle it next year but I have an idea. He is also going to redo last years taxes for me so maybe it’ll be worth it.

Then I went to Mom and Dad’s and helped them with some paperwork. Never thought I’d be here but I am so here. Never envisioned them getting old. Dad’s having heart issues and I’ll be taking them to his appointments. They are so sweet and I love them and will be there always for them.

I also went to the bank.

I have a lot on my plate. I’m trying to stay positive for everybody but some days I just want to go back to bed.

That’s my off day. So far. :?:

I seriously need to rewick and mix. My vapes are tasting nasty.

What was that recipe using butter mint? Cream and butter mint something or other. I’ll look on Zazie’s blog.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Creamy Pillow Mint
    Butter Mint (Purilum) 3.5 %
    Cream (Flavorah) 1%
    Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA) 1%
    Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 1.5%
    Marshmallow (FA) 1%
    WS-23 30% .50% (Optional or to taste)

Substitutions: I chose FLV Cream as the "heavy" cream in this recipe but I think your favorite heavy cream would work just as well - VTA Sweet Cream, any Bavarian Cream, Devon Cream (CCW, CC, VTA), whatever your favorite might be. You could probably also double up on the Cream Fresh and not notice a huge difference.

I love Holy Vanilla but know that not everyone has it. My second choice would INW Shisha Vanilla.
    Found it! I’ll have to make some substitutions.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I’ll have to try that. I’ve never had a real one either but I have the flavor.
    I just mixed the Honduran Acai at 1.5% Acai (TFA). Cut it in half. I just used the existing stock and added back the non-acai ingredients. So I'll give it a week and see how I like it with the Acai cut in half. Feels like it covers up the Ligero too much at 3%.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just mixed the Honduran Acai at 1.5% Acai (TFA). Cut it in half. I just used the existing stock and added back the non-acai ingredients. So I'll give it a week and see how I like it with the Acai cut in half. Feels like it covers up the Ligero too much at 3%.
    Ok,maybe I’ll try 2 1/2 to start

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Ok,maybe I’ll try 2 1/2 to start
    Yeah, it's hard to say what each individual would prefer. It seems like you like a little more fruit than me but that doesn't necessarily predict how every flavor is. I may not like it best at 1.5% and ramp it back up. Who knows.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Happy Valentines Day! I gave my son cupcakes yesterday and candy today. Of course we both are partaking. :confused:

Taxes are done but I still don’t think he handled it correctly. Those tax people don’t play around. Of course I had everything together and summarized so it was easy for him. I hate paying someone to do them. I’m too cheap for that. I’m still not sure how to handle it next year but I have an idea. He is also going to redo last years taxes for me so maybe it’ll be worth it.

Then I went to Mom and Dad’s and helped them with some paperwork. Never thought I’d be here but I am so here. Never envisioned them getting old. Dad’s having heart issues and I’ll be taking them to his appointments. They are so sweet and I love them and will be there always for them.

I also went to the bank.

I have a lot on my plate. I’m trying to stay positive for everybody but some days I just want to go back to bed.

That’s my off day. So far. :?:

I seriously need to rewick and mix. My vapes are tasting nasty.

What was that recipe using butter mint? Cream and butter mint something or other. I’ll look on Zazie’s blog.

My menthol tobacco was tasting pretty bad today which is a clear sign that the wick in my siren v1 was toast. I use tobacco absolute in my mix and it really gunks things up. I keep building stuff here at work so did a quick changeover on it. Much better now. I'm really lazy about rebuilding. It's not uncommon for me to run over a month on the same wick in most of my tanks.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    My menthol tobacco was tasting pretty bad today which is a clear sign that the wick in my siren v1 was toast. I use tobacco absolute in my mix and it really gunks things up. I keep building stuff here at work so did a quick changeover on it. Much better now. I'm really lazy about rebuilding. It's not uncommon for me to run over a month on the same wick in most of my tanks.
    I’m a very lazy vaper. I always wait too long to dry burn and change the wicks. And mix. :laugh: I still haven’t finished putting away my new vape gear either. I watch too much ID channel and my newest show I’m obsessed with...How the Universe Works. Blows my mind.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    If it's not juicy enough I might add juicy peach/pear to boost that later.
    I would go with pear (works with almost all fruits) Peach tends to take over everything else (and I love peach but just do it with mango)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I went through my long fruit list and settled on Molinberry Sharp Black Currant to go with my rhubarb.
    Sounds like a good choice. I remember the first time someone offered me rhubarb pie... I kinda reluctantly tried it and found out I really liked it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds like a good choice. I remember the first time someone offered me rhubarb pie... I kinda reluctantly tried it and found out I really liked it.
    I’ve never had rhubarb pie.Liked eating the stalks for the tart and slightly bitter taste.

Reactions: NolaMel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m a very lazy vaper. I always wait too long to dry burn and change the wicks. And mix. :laugh: I still haven’t finished putting away my new vape gear either. I watch too much ID channel and my newest show I’m obsessed with...How the Universe Works. Blows my mind.

I’m right there with you. I’ve got a bunch of stuff to put away. I still haven’t done a full inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread