Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm vaping two of my Honduran Blueberry 2FTs. I'll try the Honduran Bilberry next. What I can say is both are a bit on the anemic side but the FW version has more blueberry taste than the TFA. About all the TFA does is mute the Ligero a little but it doesn't add any blueberry taste. At least I get a little flavor from FW. As is, both of these blueberries fall short and TFA is out. In order for this to work the bilberry is going to have to breath some life into it. Thinking this will go nowhere because I can always vape the Honduran Berry Mix and get as good a thrill.
    Well, I knew the blueberry needed a touch of Bilberry.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok, typo. I CAN still buy stuff here (except for sanitizer) but there is nothing in my daughter's area.

I could only find 50% alcohol so I plan to mix half and half. That should work, right?
    No,not if you want it to be sanitizer

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Ok, typo. I CAN still buy stuff here (except for sanitizer) but there is nothing in my daughter's area.

I could only find 50% alcohol so I plan to mix half and half. That should work, right?

You really need 99% alcohol - 2/3 alcohol to 1/3 aloe vera gel or VG. It isn't antiseptic if the mixture is not at least 60% alcohol.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

No,not if you want it to be sanitizer

That would wind up only 25% alcohol, not effective, as Fran said. The MINIMUM alcohol in the final mix needs to be 60% (or more.)

And PJ, as I was typing :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The absolute best way to keep the virus off your hands is to wash them anyway. I save the hand sanitizer for when I am out and can't wash my hands. The kids are home from school here for the next 6 weeks, so we will all wash our hands and wash our hands. That is one thing that the schools have been pushing with the kids so they are very good little hand washers now. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    The absolute best way to keep the virus off your hands is to wash them anyway. I save the hand sanitizer for when I am out and can't wash my hands. The kids are home from school here for the next 6 weeks, so we will all wash our hands and wash our hands. That is one thing that the schools have been pushing with the kids so they are very good little hand washers now. :)
    They ought to break 2 or 3 times during the day to wash their hands.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

Nope. Even 50% alcohol undiluted isn't enough.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    Uh, maybe? Many of the sunburn formulations only include some aloe vera, and the extra stuff may or may not be good.
    That’s what I was afraid of. I saw aloe juice-that’s something different, right? I’m just going to use VG I think, it won’t take much

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    That’s what I was afraid of. I saw aloe juice-that’s something different, right? I’m just going to use VG I think, it won’t take much

Aloe Vera juice is to drink - yuck! :) VG will be fine. Plain Aloe Vera gel (without lidocaine) is great if you can find it and it doesn't have to be the super expensive kind.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received my stixx order today. Holy cow that was fast. I only ordered three but he sent a free one anyway. I appreciate it. He must look at order history because every time he sends one you haven’t bought yet. He sent stokkebye birds eye flake this time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I received my stixx order today. Holy cow that was fast. I only ordered three but he sent a free one anyway. I appreciate it. He must look at order history because every time he sends one you haven’t bought yet. He sent stokkebye birds eye flake this time.
    That was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread