Random DIY mixing and More

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Hello random folk. I'm trying to stretch out my menthol to make it last until I can order more menthol crystals. I have 120mL of TFA Peppermint. What fruits mix well with peppermint in y'alls experience? Only had success combining chocolates and menthol in the past. Advice is much appreciated.

I prefer peppermint mixed with creams. For me, it isn't a replacement for menthol. I do mix menthol into lemonades and other citrus flavors.

If you need some menthol, I have crystals and can mix up some for you if you would like. Just let me know.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    How's your back?
    Still on the tylenol. Muscle spasms are the worst. Thanks for asking. I am hoping it will get better in another day or so. The ironic part is that I sold that mower with intention of moving soon and not that I am delaying it, I will have to use all the money from the sale to pay someone to mow the grass. Geez, a hurt back for nothing.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    High today is only 40 but it looks like the 40's are finally on the run. Upcoming days all 50's for now. I'd really love it if one of those 70's days snuck in.
    70's and 80's here.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Going to be about 70 here.

What we can't find is meat - there's no beef, chicken or pork to be had. We've managed to get everything else delivered to the front door but that. So we made an order with Omaha Steaks and it'll be here Thursday. We'll see if it's really good to go with the really high prices.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Going to be about 70 here.

What we can't find is meat - there's no beef, chicken or pork to be had. We've managed to get everything else delivered to the front door but that. So we made an order with Omaha Steaks and it'll be here Thursday. We'll see if it's really good to go with the really high prices.
    Just got back from my contact free grocery pickup. No chicken or wipes, but did get pork tenderloin and country ribs. All the fresh fruits and veggies in my order filled. I really wanted a whole chicken to spatchcock and put on the grill. Instead, mojo marinated tenderloin for soft tacos, Mexican slaw, and a drizzle of cilantro avacado dressing.
    In mixing news... my labels came from Amazon! Another excuse to mix some more.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Still on the tylenol. Muscle spasms are the worst. Thanks for asking. I am hoping it will get better in another day or so. The ironic part is that I sold that mower with intention of moving soon and not that I am delaying it, I will have to use all the money from the sale to pay someone to mow the grass. Geez, a hurt back for nothing.

Have you tried lidocaine patches? They work really well for me. I hope you feel MUCH better soon!

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Have you tried lidocaine patches? They work really well for me. I hope you feel MUCH better soon!
    Thank you, I have used the patches. I just don't want to go out to get them right now.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I prefer peppermint mixed with creams. For me, it isn't a replacement for menthol. I do mix menthol into lemonades and other citrus flavors.

If you need some menthol, I have crystals and can mix up some for you if you would like. Just let me know.
    Thank you for the kind offer. I have around 20mL of 10% menthol solution left, so I'm ok for a little bit. I'm hoping to find something besides chocolate that peppermint works well with, creams sound like they might work well.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Thank you, I have used the patches. I just don't want to go out to get them right now.
    I usually get some spasm relief from the heating pad, or a long soak in a hot bath with epsom salts. Not magic, but enough to make it bearable. I feel for you, it’s miserable.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Hate to do this to you BUT:

I found a pound of hamburger in the freezer! Woohoo! Meat! So I threw it in my Ninja Foodi with some chopped onion, Italian seasoning, ketchup, Worchestire sauce and salt and pepper. Then 32oz of beef broth and 1lb of rotini and now it cooks for 20 min on saute on HI. Then add cheese (cheddar), mix and eat. Smells wonderful!

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I must be in an experimental mode this week. Seriously thinking about a German Chocolate Cake...

Double Chocolate Clear (TFA) - 4%
    Yellow Cake (FW) - 4%
    Butter Pecan (FW) - 2%
    Coconut Candy (TFA) - 2%

... or something like that.

After two weeks of steeping (or aging, as our friend @Bunnykiller would say) I loaded this up in an Achilles RDA with a ProVari P3. Initial Impression - dark and rich. The Double Chocolate Clear and the Butter Pecan are at the forefront, the Coconut candy shows up on the exhale. The Yellow Cake blends in nicely with the DCC to give it a real cue taste. Might bump the Coconut candy up to 3% next time, but this is not far off of what I had hoped for.
    After all, German Chocolate Cake is supposed to be dark and rich, isn't it ?

Users who are viewing this thread