Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've explained this before... my research includes DIYorDie Noted, ELR, Reddit and now ATF. I also adjust my list according to comments from people here on ECF (add good ones, drop lousy ones) I have spent hours and hours on this project.
BTW, FW raspberry is not well regarded. Personally, I like PUR raspberry (but yes, I haven't tried very many) When 3 different sources agree that a certain flavor sucks, I won't bother even trying it (or if 3 say one is the best, it goes first on my wishlist)
What makes this offensive is that I spent a lot of time and effort to develop a recipe that includes Raspberry (FW). It took me three months and a half dozen iterations to dial it in. I really enjoy this recipe and was happy to share it with others who believe they may enjoy it too. So because some yahoos don't hold FW in high regard is like WHO CARES to me.

Folks may try my recipe and feel it is good but would prefer tweaking it more to their liking. Perhaps they have a raspberry or combination of raspberries they like more. Or perhaps they like a different yogurt, etc.. So they adjust next time they mix it. Fantastic! Some may hate it outright and pour it down the drain as fast as they can. But if there is just one person who benefits from the recipe then it will have been well worth sharing it and if you allow the peanut gallery to make your recipe decisions for you then you will be missing out on some great flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I learned long ago not to give a rip about anyone's opinion of a flavor unless they can provide descriptors. For example, I stated that Raspberry (FA) is light and floral. Personally, I don't like it. But I can guarantee you there are many who like light and floral. They're not wrong, they're not weird, they're not aliens. They just have different preferences than I. Something being "well regarded" does not compute with me as it relates to vaping flavors.
    I agree 100% it’s just been coming to frequently I guess.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    What makes this offensive is that I spent a lot of time and effort to develop a recipe that includes Raspberry (FW). It took me three months and a half dozen iterations to dial it in.
    Yes, I agree... your suggestions are from actual experience (that does count more) I'm not trying to stir things up... I guess I get defensive sometimes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC and @hittman , did you notice most of the raspberries you mentioned are on my list? OK... I'll let it go (I apologize if I'm wasting everyone's time... just trying to help... especially beginners)
    I wish we could get it though your head that you’re not helping beginners or anyone else. You are stating the opinions of others, you have no flavor descriptions ,you haven’t tried many of the flavors. I give up. Gonna take a chill pill.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    @FranC and @hittman , did you notice most of the raspberries you mentioned are on my list? OK... I'll let it go (I apologize if I'm wasting everyone's time... just trying to help... especially beginners)
    When I'm selecting a particular flavor to purchase I read all the customer reviews. If they say this stuff is really good and a must-have I just ignore it. If they say it is weak, strong, candied, floral, genuine, sweet, sour, dark, milky, etc., etc. then I pay attention to that specific review. Then I weigh it against all the other worthwhile reviews. Is there a consensus? Is there a majority? Are they all over the map? Just got to see the reviews and know what to weed out and what to value. BTW, I do this with all online purchasing. Not just vape flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ooh I have black raspberry too! These are the raspberries I have and I have never tried them and actually just got them.

RF Black Raspberry
    TPA Blue Raspberry
    FA Raspberry
    RF Raspberry
    WG INW Raspberry

I can't remember what WG means.
    Wera garden

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    So can anyone help me with my new recipe (chocolate orange mint)? I'm not quite getting the orange but not sure if I just need more orange or less butter mint. The mint was big part of this idea (and the choclolate/mint ratio feels about right) I'm vaping it right now so going to add a bit more orange in the tank. What I'm asking is do you think the mint is muting the orange?
    Sidenote: I had a "brainfart" when I described WF Chocolate chunks... I mentioned Kahlua (somehow I confused coffee and chocolate)... I just meant it had a slight "boozy" flavor. Could it be one of those flavors that needs to breathe a bit? Also, how long does Croissant need to steep?

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I finally got a tracking number on my TP order from Walmart. I did cancel the other two orders since my wife got a 6 pack last week and my father in law got us a 6 pack a couple days ago. The one I have coming is our normal brand so that will be nice.

It has started reappearing in my local stores. I have plenty but this morning I saw people with TP in their carts. Just 4 packs and nobody had more than one so I assume they are limiting it.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    When I'm selecting a particular flavor to purchase I read all the customer reviews. If they say this stuff is really good and a must-have I just ignore it. If they say it is weak, strong, candied, floral, genuine, sweet, sour, dark, milky, etc., etc. then I pay attention to that specific review. Then I weigh it against all the other worthwhile reviews. Is there a consensus? Is there a majority? Are they all over the map? Just got to see the reviews and know what to weed out and what to value. BTW, I do this with all online purchasing. Not just vape flavors.
    I get it now... without specifics just saying something is good doesn't help much. You win. I guess I will refrain from posting lists and simply ask what qualities someone is seeking and then try to recommend something specific (with descriptions)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Same here.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Here is a sample screen shot of one of my (what I call) DIY Progress Sheets. One sheet per recipe. It's lists all the ingredients I have tried, dates, iterations, etc.. You can't see it on this screenshot, but I keep notes of my observations for each iteration below on each Progress Sheet. It's a systematic approach that I take seriously.

Screenshot (32) (Phone).png

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So can anyone help me with my new recipe (chocolate orange mint)? I'm not quite getting the orange but not sure if I just need more orange or less butter mint. The mint was big part of this idea (and the choclolate/mint ratio feels about right) I'm vaping it right now so going to add a bit more orange in the tank. What I'm asking is do you think the mint is muting the orange?
    Sidenote: I had a "brainfart" when I described WF Chocolate chunks... I mentioned Kahlua (somehow I confused coffee and chocolate)... I just meant it had a slight "boozy" flavor. Could it be one of those flavors that needs to breathe a bit? Also, how long does Croissant need to steep?
    I would try less mint. A couple weeks on the croissant should do.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It seems to me that people can't post here any more without being attacked. I'll probably get attacked for this posting.
    No one is being attacked. Just trying to get a point across.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Here is a sample screen shot of one of my (what I call) DIY Progress Sheets. One sheet per recipe. It's lists all the ingredients I have tried, dates, iterations, etc.. You can't see it on this screenshot, but I keep notes of my observations for each iteration below on each Progress Sheet. It's a systematic approach that I take seriously.

View attachment 879287
    I for one, appreciate you doing that.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It seems to me that people can't post here any more without being attacked. I'll probably get attacked for this posting.
    Hey... no worries. I conceded and actually learned something in the end. I do not have a big ego or get offended (just a bit defensive) I do really wish I had not titled my thread "best flavors"... that was part of the problem.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland

View attachment 879287
    Everybody doesn't take vaping so seriously. For me it's just a replacement for smoking, if I like a flavor or recipe, great, if not who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread