The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Oh, no need to apologize, @kas122461. It is I who should apologize for being such a slug about getting through those earlier pages.

• Love Love x 7
  2. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I think what you have done is actually amazing. :)

KAS

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Drop in a tad of graham

• Like Like x 3
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    • Like Like x 4
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Me too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I agree. It’s really great that you’re doing that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think Zazie is pretty amazing :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Aw, shucks . . . You guys . . . :wub::wub::wub:

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    @Zazie is fantastic, that is an amazing amount of work, and super useful.

OMG you guys I did it I did it I did it! LOL, and fielded to calls from my mom and my son, and it was a good time because unless I am doing my 12 sun salutations in a row that include over 100 pushups, when I am unable to breath, well, I like a yoga phone call I just shove it on speaker and like, that is that. The rest of the time I can usually talk standing on my head even that is not so hard.

The kid is good the matriarch and I have decided I may visit in July sometime. Hopefully that will work, I think so. I just can't leave with them so close and well, going all the way to WV. My son was very happy. He is SO ADULT. He wanted to get me a birthday present and I was like, "I KNOW THIS ONE." It was actually an inspired suggestion really ,because like,I have a lanyard for my stuff HERE and it needs to be burned. So I gave him instructions to find me a lanyard and what type I need. But then I realized "I will be taking my kid to work every day, like a talisman. Since my kid is deeply soothing to my being (I love him so much) that will work out great! Plus they aren't expensive. So yeah.

His birthday is also one week after mine, he wants some tool. That kind and the husband have SO much in common I hate that they hate each other (well the hate is all on the kid's side) and whatnot. I guess it is what it is.

So, I did yoga and that was totes fine. THEN (I did not stop) I began my 100 pushups included sun salutations and my body was like, "OOOooooo we are doing THIS are we, you psychotic monster. I'm sorry you are feeling OLD but perhaps you could schedule a facial instead that is what NORMAL people do." I was llike, "Come on body, you ,know darn well I am not normal." My body was like, "INDEED." It was fine until about halfway through then everything hurt but it was kind of in a "normal" sort of way, as in "Why would I NOT HURT" and no part was hurting more than any other. There was one pose I just couldn't do, and I did not stand on my head one time because my body seemed disinclined to do it...

But yeah, that happened .I feel sort of okay right now, not so sure about tomorrow. In any case it was a CRUEL moment because I was like, "I need to find an outfit for this evening." The husband is an honest but contrarian in judgement he criticizes EVERYTHING. One dress was '"okay except for the stain, whatever that is I can also see right through it. I was like ,"Yeah I know, I would put on a slip." But the stain was bugging me. So then I chose another dress "It's okay I guess, it looks like a nightgown slightly." I was like "DUDE this is not a nightgown I bought it a Needless Markup in the evening section." He was like, "Yeah it still LOOKS like one, slightly though." I was like, is it at least attractive." He was like "Well now I am distracted by looking at your butt." I was like "I hate you." He was like ,"I'm just proud I picked out my outfit WAY before you and before your yoga marathon you are insane, you know that right?"

So then I had a rummage through my closet and found the dress everyone loves and paired it with the right evening sweater and I was like, "I know what the problem is I am not wearing a bra. That's why he is being so critical" So I put on a pushup bra, donned the outfit and like some high heels yea they are going to be fun to wear in a few hours. I said, "This better be a win for us AND You have to be honest, or I don't know what will happen. I met with approval, finally.

I hope I run into the head dude and his wife at this emporium (or perhaps not) so I could give them a piece of my mind. Or not. Well, the high heels should be pleasant.

I do feel different in a way, like maybe I should do this once a month. Really.

DANG.

Anna

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope you both have a wonderful time.:wub:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    We are gonna! It's the coolest place in Douglas.

Here's a link: The Gadsden

It's ancient and when Douglas was booming it has stained glass ceilings and tons of Italian Marble. It is a super neat place really and not only that, their food is good. Relatively inexpensive for what you get.

Anna

Crud I should get ready soon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. chanelvaps

chanelvaps ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I just got a card in the mail, a memorial tribute that Pats (Mini's sister) made to honor the one year of her passing on June 4th

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. chanelvaps

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    She was a very kind person. We hung out a bit in California. Vape meets and stuff. She met my daughter and later when my daughter went to rehab she constantly sent her juice and enough juice to share with others in there

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  14. chanelvaps

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    The recipe came from that company with a strange name, I think it was in Europe somewhere and it had the word PIG in it. He listed all ingredients but not percentages

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Looks like a neat place

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. chanelvaps

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    • Like Like x 6
  17. chanelvaps

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Found the site. It was driving me crazy
    Gingerbread Ice-cream Sammich | Daddy Pig Smoke Juice

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Okay you made me look, I had copied the entire post, after I first saw it, and it is different from what you posted. Not really sure why the one here is different from yours. :?:

NotSoMini posted on ecf on 3-17-2017

@tazzle and everyone — sharing a DiY recipe that a friend and Master Mixer @I'mnotZakmixed for me. Please feel free to make any adjustments to suit your taste. This particular flavor originated out of Belfast.

Gingerbread ICS
    Capella Gingerbread 3.5%
    Capella Graham Cracker 1.5%
    Inawera Biscuit 1%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 2.5%
    FA Meringue 0.75%

Recommended steep time: 3 weeks or to suit your taste

I'mnotZak replied

Thank you @NotSoMini, @tazzle, and everyone who posted such kind comments. This mix was still a challenge even though the original (Out of Belfast as mentioned by Mini) listed the flavors without %'s on the bottle. I made about 6 different versions with varying flavor %'s before settling in on the recipe posted on this thread. I also added the FA Meringue to round out the mouthfeel and this flavor was not listed on the original mix. ( I find myself adding FA Meringue @ .50-.75% to just about every bakery recipe that I mix.) The interesting thing is that another ECT friend, @chanelvaps prefers the version below. She likes the throat hit that I think is due to the higher % CAP Gingerbread. As mini mentioned, the mix needs a few weeks to settle and blend. I find it "ginger" heavy when vaped fresh. I also find that the CAP Gingerbread takes on a "ginger ale" taste above 4.5%. I have posted the other version below in the event anyone would like to give it a whirl.

Gingerbread ICS V2
    Capella Gingerbread 4.5%
    Capella Graham Cracker 1.5%
    Inawera Biscuit 0.75%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

Happy mixing friends!

BTW, I don't consider myself a master mixer by any stretch however, I really enjoy DIY and will gladly accept the very kind compliment!![​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAS

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I mixed up a little batch a couple of days ago.
    Is it good to go, or does it benefit from a little aging?

• Like Like x 3
  20. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 5