Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Gotta be honest here,I'm getting drunk tonight,as simple as that.
    Went out this morning,spent 10 euros on 2 bottle of fake baileys and I'm downing all 2 bottles tonight while watching old episodes of Three's Company.

Pops starts radiotherapy on tuesday,20 straight sessions which mean a month of having to endure his bad temper so tonight? yeah i need them 2 bottles and then some.

p.s.not a drinker,don't like beer or wine,only drink if i got out and given that im home taking care of my pops means i never go out,just didn't want to give the impression that I'm a booze hound :D
    Hope you don’t pay too badly for that in the morning. Best of luck to you and your Pops.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    I guess while I'm still learning the art of mixing, I just come up with utilitarian names.

what's a utilitarian name, precious, what is that like?

idk, both mixers and manufacturers make proper names rather than just flavours.. noticed it even has to do with the polpularity of a mix.

i always found it impractical, always requiring a step or two more (new windows/tabs/reading backside of product) to know what a mix / recipe is abt.. much prefer a name/title that tells me the gestaltflavour or the constituents

anyway, given that and wanting it to be noticed, selloutthatiam, i made a portmanteau of the constituents.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth

idk, both mixers and manufacturers make proper names rather than just flavours.. noticed it even has to do with the polpularity of a mix.

i always found it impractical, always requiring a step or two more (new windows/tabs/reading backside of product) to know what a mix / recipe is abt.. much prefer a name/title that tells me the gestaltflavour or the constituents

anyway, given that and wanting it to be noticed, selloutthatiam, i made a portmanteau of the constituents.
    Umm... well, for example, I mixed a root beer float.. so I called it Root Beer Float. What's so impractical about that?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I like my names to indicate what’s in the mix. With that said I did name one mix Snake Venom.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    today vaping the last of this version of my unending cactus pseudo clone experiment .

Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 1.50
    Dragonfruit (FA) 1.50
    Grape, White (FA) 3.00
    Ice (Flavorah) 0.16
    Lavender (FA) 0.08
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.00
    Sour Wizard (FA 0.08
    Spearmint (Flavorah) 0.40
    Sweetness (Flavorah 0.16
    Tangerine (Flavorah) 1.0

next up is this version (+13% flavour instead of the 10% above, with some other diff's) steeped 2 days before FA Mandarine and 2/3 with it:

Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 1.50
    Dragonfruit (FA) 1.50
    Ginger (Flavorah) 0.08
    Grape, White (FA) 3.00
    Ice (Flavorah) 0.20
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.00
    Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 1.00
    Sour Wizard (FA) 1.00
    Spearmint (Flavorah) 1.00
    Sweetness (Flavorah) 0.50
    Tangerine (Flavorah) 0.75

After trying a few recipes with 10+ flavors and not liking them, I don’t even mix any with that many. Maybe I don’t have a good set of tastebuds but they just end up muddled to me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Gotta be honest here,I'm getting drunk tonight,as simple as that.
    Went out this morning,spent 10 euros on 2 bottle of fake baileys and I'm downing all 2 bottles tonight while watching old episodes of Three's Company.

Pops starts radiotherapy on tuesday,20 straight sessions which mean a month of having to endure his bad temper so tonight? yeah i need them 2 bottles and then some.

p.s.not a drinker,don't like beer or wine,only drink if i got out and given that im home taking care of my pops means i never go out,just didn't want to give the impression that I'm a booze hound :D

I hope it goes better than expected. Oh, and enjoy the booze. It sounds like it’s much deserved.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    If and when i decide to get into DIY i will come up with weird,funny and slightly insane names for my mixes.

Guys remember the movie ted and ted 2? they had some pretty funny names for the different strains,so yeah I'll be doing the same but with whatever e-juice mixes i come up with :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If and when i decide to get into DIY i will come up with weird,funny and slightly insane names for my mixes.

Guys remember the movie ted and ted 2? they had some pretty funny names for the different strains,so yeah I'll be doing the same but with whatever e-juice mixes i come up with :D
    LOL. I look forward to seeing what names you come up with.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Good morning people :)

So...I wake up to reports on a member's post again this morning.

When you have a beef/tiff/dislike with someone on a public forum and you gritch about them by name, you just made it a personal attack - what do you think that does ?
    It causes the exact drama you were expecting it to.
    It's YOUR beef with that person, not everyone else's.
    So, that person sees your post about them and comes and responds. Then the back and forth starts and what do you have - disruption. Your friends join with you attacking that member...then their friends come to help their buddy...

See ?

So just put people you don't like on ignore and drop the drama.

Forum Rules

9. Personal attacks
    You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

11. Trolling ('fishing expeditions' in search of a strong reaction)
    Trolling includes but is not restricted to:
    • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a 'flame war' or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
    • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
    • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
    • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
    • Posting snide comments about another member.
    • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
    • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning people :)

So...I wake up to reports on a member's post again this morning.

When you have a beef/tiff/dislike with someone on a public forum and you gritch about them by name, you just made it a personal attack - what do you think that does ?
    It causes the exact drama you were expecting it to.
    It's YOUR beef with that person, not everyone else's.
    So, that person sees your post about them and comes and responds. Then the back and forth starts and what do you have - disruption. Your friends join with you attacking that member...then their friends come to help their buddy...

See ?

So just put people you don't like on ignore and drop the drama.

Forum Rules

9. Personal attacks
    You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

11. Trolling ('fishing expeditions' in search of a strong reaction)
    Trolling includes but is not restricted to:
    • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a 'flame war' or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
    • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
    • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
    • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
    • Posting snide comments about another member.
    • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
    • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.
    You made me look back to yesterday and I couldn’t find a post that I thought was remotely reportable which makes me think we have a less than desirable person here.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    this abt the same incident Class said abt a few days ago (feels longer)? with the howmanypages of reports she'd got and the irregular person who been pm-ing?

Can't be, the person with the 8 pages/160 reports is no longer here.
    I closed his account - you are not welcome here when you cause disruptions.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    After trying a few recipes with 10+ flavors and not liking them, I don’t even mix any with that many. Maybe I don’t have a good set of tastebuds but they just end up muddled to me.
    Me too. Not muddled but just not worth it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Happy Saturday, folk.

I'm in the "descriptive name" camp, at least for my stabs. Borrowed, modified recipes from others, well, I'll usually use their names. I like to have a clue to the mix ;)

After all, pepperoni sounds good, but a Unicorn Vomit pizza??

1844606.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m still trying to vape down some bottles before I think of mixing anything new. Too much mixed again but at least I switched to 15ml bottles so there isn’t as much.

I’ve got a bunch mixed but a lot of it’s really old. I’m thinking of dumping most of it. If I ever get done here at the garage, I have a bunch of bottles and tanks to clean. I might stop on the way home and pick up some bagels or something.

Users who are viewing this thread