Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
103?? Chilly! :lol: No you're right about using the oven, that is strictly forbidden during the summer!
When my wife and I were young, we ran the oven (425 deg F) to cook two chicken pot pies (and all we had was a "swamp cooler") That's when we got small appliances like toaster oven and pizza maker. The main oven would go unused all summer. When we moved to the mountains. (in the winter) using the oven was a godsend (bake a pie and it warmed what was the coldest room in the house) it's supposed to be 103 tomorrow... "help me wamba" (don't ask... it's from a movie)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
It's crazy here in CA... all the neighbors have orange trees (but most don't even harvest the oranges) There are still oranges on their trees (going to waste) too late now. There was a time the old guy across the back fence had this big lemon tree loaded with lemons and he said we could pick all we wanted (I miss that) he moved and the tree is long gone. I grew up eating grapefruit and loved them (even though they are tart) 40 dozen... holy cow, I would have brought a ladder and a bucket and picked them all for you (just to get a few dozen)
I grew up this way too. Lemons next door and permission to go get them when ever I wanted. Oranges behind that hung over the wall and a ladder got me all I wanted. Tangerines on the other side. Lastly avocado's a few door down. Looking back what a world it was.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    OK, forgive me for this (here he goes again) but if you are interested, this is from "my list":
    (FLV) Tangerine

(WF) Tangerine

(CAP) Sweet tangerine

(FA) Blood orange

(FLV) Blood orange

(FA) Royal orange

(INW) Shisha orange

(VT) Orange marmalade

I stayed up late many nights working on this list... mostly for myself and for newbies.... take it for what it is.

It’s interesting that the FW isn’t on there. I wonder why?

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I grew up this way too. Lemons next door and permission to go get them when ever I wanted. Oranges behind that hung over the wall and a ladder got me all I wanted. Tangerines on the other side. Lastly avocado's a few door down. Looking back what a world it was.

Reminds me of a story from back in the day when i was a kid.

Area i lived in is known for it's oranges and lemons,we went to visit my grandma on sunday and me and my cousin decided to go to the neighbor and steal some oranges.

Now ok I'm not talking like drive a van and load up a couple hundred kilos,just a couple of oranges each,they were so sweet and juicy and we were like 9 years old,to young to know any better.

Well anyway we both started climbing the fence,we just got at the top and were ready to climb down to take a couple oranges each when the owner of the property,a nice lady looked at us and said:

''oh you poor things,don't climb the fence you can hurt yourselves,just come here and grab as many oranges as you want''

Meh,after that it just wasn't fun anymore,so we climbed down to our side and walked away.
    I know the lady had good intentions but she took all the fun out of our orange picking :)

Reactions: hittman

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    I don't have any grapefruit flavorings now but I plan to get some.

I would highly recommend FLV Pink Guava. It’s a good Grapefruit despite it’s name

interestingly i just a scolding from the FLV fanatic at elr for using more than 0.6% of FLV Pink GUava in the gauctus recipe, says everybody knows you go above that it becomes grapefruit. if so then i guess i like my grapefruit mix :|

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    interestingly i just a scolding from the FLV fanatic at elr for using more than 0.6% of FLV Pink GUava in the gauctus recipe, says everybody knows you go above that it becomes grapefruit. if so then i guess i like my grapefruit mix :|
    It makes a wonderful Grapefruit :)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Good morning random folks :) Have yo any plans today?
    A list so long it'll make everyone exhausted, but.. I'll hopefully starting and extending my vacation by one day. :banana: No rest for the weary, no pain no gain, et cetera et cetera, yadda yadda yadda :lol:

Detailing our car right now, just vacuumed half of a beach out of the floors.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    today vaping the last of this version of my unending cactus pseudo clone experiment .

Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 1.50
    Dragonfruit (FA) 1.50
    Grape, White (FA) 3.00
    Ice (Flavorah) 0.16
    Lavender (FA) 0.08
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.00
    Sour Wizard (FA 0.08
    Spearmint (Flavorah) 0.40
    Sweetness (Flavorah 0.16
    Tangerine (Flavorah) 1.0

next up is this version (+13% flavour instead of the 10% above, with some other diff's) steeped 2 days before FA Mandarine and 2/3 with it:

Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 1.50
    Dragonfruit (FA) 1.50
    Ginger (Flavorah) 0.08
    Grape, White (FA) 3.00
    Ice (Flavorah) 0.20
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.00
    Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 1.00
    Sour Wizard (FA) 1.00
    Spearmint (Flavorah) 1.00
    Sweetness (Flavorah) 0.50
    Tangerine (Flavorah) 0.75

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    :( so i gotta lose my cool guactus orapple name? i was petting it, even thinking to make it pre-medieval/biologicaltaxonomic: guavtactus oranple:wub:
    You can name it anything you like.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I guess while I'm still learning the art of mixing, I just come up with utilitarian names.
    I’m usually quite crappy about naming things. Once in a blue moon I get an inspiration :lol:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Good morning random folks :) Have yo any plans today?

Gotta be honest here,I'm getting drunk tonight,as simple as that.
    Went out this morning,spent 10 euros on 2 bottle of fake baileys and I'm downing all 2 bottles tonight while watching old episodes of Three's Company.

Pops starts radiotherapy on tuesday,20 straight sessions which mean a month of having to endure his bad temper so tonight? yeah i need them 2 bottles and then some.

p.s.not a drinker,don't like beer or wine,only drink if i got out and given that im home taking care of my pops means i never go out,just didn't want to give the impression that I'm a booze hound :D

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Gotta be honest here,I'm getting drunk tonight,as simple as that.
    Went out this morning,spent 10 euros on 2 bottle of fake baileys and I'm downing all 2 bottles tonight while watching old episodes of Three's Company.

Pops starts radiotherapy on tuesday,20 straight sessions which mean a month of having to endure his bad temper so tonight? yeah i need them 2 bottles and then some.

p.s.not a drinker,don't like beer or wine,only drink if i got out and given that im home taking care of my pops means i never go out,just didn't want to give the impression that I'm a booze hound :D
    Just be careful :) and hope you have a pleasant night. What you're going through, have gone through, must be very tough to cope with :(

Users who are viewing this thread