Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Because they still have a few drops of water in them from washing them. I usually wait until they are perfectly dry before I use them. Should I not worry about that?

I push a piece of paper towel into the bottle and use the bent end of a dental pick to move it around and pull it out. A bit more work than air drying but you get to use it right away.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
@FranC I mixed up that custard base. I'm banking on it being good, but I'd like to try it with various flavors. Maybe not even the strawberry rhubarb, but I probably should try a small sample of it, otherwise I'll never know. Getting to know you through your posts, you aren't big on sweetness, but I like a bit more. It's hard to say what's going to taste good to you or me until you take a dive :)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I just dumped two bottles of boring. I hate doing it, but I really need to. I'll dump more over the next few days
Not exactly the same but I have so many small "experimental" batches (combinations of pre-mades and DIY... 10 ml) It was fun, tried many things, but they are all going down the drain. Time to move on. Besides three new SFTs, going to be mixing larger batches from now on (nothing over 25 ml) My biggest regret is I never mixed my tobacco mix (and it needs to steep) Other than that, I'm good to go (and my cheesecake has been steeping for 2 months so just need to add fruit)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC I mixed up that custard base. I'm banking on it being good, but I'd like to try it with various flavors. Maybe not even the strawberry rhubarb, but I probably should try a small sample of it, otherwise I'll never know. Getting to know you through your posts, you aren't big on sweetness, but I like a bit more. It's hard to say what's going to taste good to you or me until you take a dive :)
    This is true.It’s all in the taste buds. Mine don’t tolerate much sweetness so I have to be careful. Another thing with me is my mixes have to have a base flavor. If they don’t I won’t want to vape them no matter how good it tastes

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Besides a few flavors I want to try (like FLV Mango and TFA Acai) I'm looking for some new ideas... open to any ideas. Not really into black tea (I like coffee vapes but they are "coil killers") Haven't played with menthol/cooling stuff (just Butter mint that I do love) Some things I like in real life: root beer, licorice, marshmallow, ice cream, ginger (and cherry... but I'm not wasting my time going down that road!) Also, Pina Colada sounds good. Any suggestions?

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Besides a few flavors I want to try (like FLV Mango and TFA Acai) I'm looking for some new ideas... open to any ideas. Not really into black tea (I like coffee vapes but they are "coil killers") Haven't played with menthol/cooling stuff (just Butter mint that I do love) Some things I like in real life: root beer, licorice, marshmallow, ice cream, ginger (and cherry... but I'm not wasting my time going down that road!) Also, Pina Colada sounds good. Any suggestions?
    As far as flavors go, if you don't already have Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, you should. For example, Capella makes a pretty good one. There are other VBICs, and I have another brand I just can't remember what i bought or used it for. I'd imagine with VBIC and maybe some other stuff for a base, you could make some good ice creams.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hey @vaper1960, have you mixed a batch of Water-Malone yet?
    Both of my MTL (drop-in col) tanks seemed ready for new coil... been vaping unflavored and I got another day out of them so waiting till tomorrow for that (and things came up with my wife and my son... everyone needs my help so once again maybe I will actually have time to do what I need) I want to try my new stuff with fresh coils. The one shots (Water Malone and Quick are suggested 15 %) so will try that but sure I will end up diluting them later (I don't like really strong/sweet) but it does help getting the "full blown" flavor at first (still saving the real watermelon to compare) After I try the watermelon will throw some butter mint in the tank too (really liked honeydew melon with that) Also trying Quik (strawberry) and White chocolate peppermint (I'm sure they will all be too sweet for me but I can fix that)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    This is true.It’s all in the taste buds. Mine don’t tolerate much sweetness so I have to be careful. Another thing with me is my mixes have to have a base flavor. If they don’t I won’t want to vape them no matter how good it tastes
    Yes, I'm learning that too (finally catching on to the game)

Reactions: NolaMel

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I just tried a new juice I made and it is so nice! It's called Lime Longing by Shyndo and I found it on ATF. It's very light and yummy. There is something about the mixture of honeysuckle and lime that is amazing! It's not too tart and not too floral. It's just really good!

Cream (Flavorah) 1%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
    Florida Key Lime (FA) 2%
    Honeysuckle (TPA) 3%
    Shisha Vanilla (Inawera) 1%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 1.5%
    This sounds tasty, but I lack FA Florida Key Lime. I wonder if CAP Lime, INW Lime, FA Lime Tahity (both kinds), VTA Persian Lime, or INW Shisha Lime would work instead. Thoughts, anyone?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    This sounds tasty, but I lack FA Florida Key Lime. I wonder if CAP Lime, INW Lime, FA Lime Tahity (both kinds), VTA Persian Lime, or INW Shisha Lime would work instead. Thoughts, anyone?

If I were you I'd probably go with the CP Lime Tahity.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Back to vaping my Lime and it doesn't make me cough. The last couple of days I've been coughing after taking a hit. Weird.

Just made meatloaf and put it in the Foodi Grill to bake. I winged it with hamburger, milk, egg, bread crumbs, onion, brown sugar, some A1 sauce and salt and pepper. We'll see how it comes out, I used a foil pan and made holes in the bottom for the grease to drain.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’d give the lime Tahiti a try

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m almost tempted to try that despite the lime . I’d have to give it some kind of a base

Users who are viewing this thread