Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Random rant... I am so sick of being back here in the city (after living 12 years in the mountains) Everyday... sirens, car alarms, crazy homeless people (with mental illness) screaming at the top of their lungs to... (don't have a clue... just yelling at anyone/everyone) everyone is in a hurry (but spend half their life driving around in this overcrowded city that has outgrown the roadways) Anyway, just had to got that out.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I had the same thought - no way I could spread one of these springs! But the repair guy told me that they are stretched out in the closed position so you have to open the mechanism up and then it's much easier to do.
What do you mean by "open the mechanism"? Raise the footrest? If so, I've done that and still couldn't get the spring to reach. I need to get my hands on a bunch of quarters so I can stick them between the coils to extend the spring. That's easier said than done for a shut-in.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just got an email from BCF and they are going to replace my whole order. They are out of stock on the WF sample pack of new flavors but will have more on Tuesday and are going to ship it then.

Whew! Very decent of them. Happy for you, Hitt!

Still can't get over that toothpaste in your package... :blink: :shock: :lol:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
It has hooks that go around posts.
For most springs we use a hook with a T handle to pull the springs but since its a one time thing you could just tie a string to the spring and make a handle fron a piece of wood or something. The trick is to just yank it and guide it with you other hand. Its hard to just stretch it. There stronger than they seem

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
The crazy thing is what turned out to be the best one with the mint was peanut butter banana (tried that just for kicks and it was the best one) I have no reasonable explanation for that
That is surprising. Not a combination of flavors you would normally think of mixing well together.

Reactions: stols001

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I actually didn't mind the JW but... (and I know this sounds wrong) I would see them coming through the window and open the door with a beer in one hand and a cig in the other (not to be an ......... just knew they would go away soon) but I honestly enjoyed talking to them and would always take their material and actually read it.
My method with door-to-door proselytizers is always to say I don't want to talk to them but will accept and actually read their literature. I do, too. And then, if it's particularly lurid, it's added to my small collection of crazy religious propaganda (lots of Jack Chick pamphlets there).

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
For most springs we use a hook with a T handle to pull the springs but since its a one time thing you could just tie a string to the spring and make a handle fron a piece of wood or something. The trick is to just yank it and guide it with you other hand. Its hard to just stretch it. There stronger than they seem
I've tried the string method and a large screwdriver as a fulcrum. My next plan was to hook the spring to another spring and pull on that. Now I know to yank rather than pull.

If I ever succeed, you will all be subjected to much joyful crowing.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Myrtle has been nuts lately. Quite a few shootings and crap.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve still got 17 years before full retirement age. Maybe it’ll be better by then. Might be worse.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Random rant... I am so sick of being back here in the city (after living 12 years in the mountains) Everyday... sirens, car alarms, crazy homeless people (with mental illness) screaming at the top of their lungs to... (don't have a clue... just yelling at anyone/everyone) everyone is in a hurry (but spend half their life driving around in this overcrowded city that has outgrown the roadways) Anyway, just had to got that out.
    I thought it was 10 years but no matter. Why don’t you just go back .

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I know he'd rather you go together. Maybe you can use that to push him a bit.

I think it will be easier once he's done here. I mean some stuff like the front steps HAVE to be done and I know it is like, he wants to get the most out of the house sale. So, I get it. Well, to a point.

Although, I did MUCH today including cleaning the fireplace. It's this ridiculous monstrosity made of faux stone and it has never once been cleaned (although we have used it) and I was like, "I'mma gonna get that sucker like NEW." The husband was startled because it was the vilest thing EVER of all time, and additionally, well it's just it was BAD.

I sort of hesitated because I could see it in my mind's eye, I mean it had GLUE all over it in places nd half dead stickers and stuff, but well, I knew I could DO it. I wasn't sure I want the husband to know I can clean that effectively at times. It's sort of a skill best reserved for, well never.

I need not have worried, after a startled "WHOA" (and it was hard. Not only was much of the glue INSIDE the glass ,which folded like an accordion and some other issues like a freaking..... (only in AZ) spiderweb in the lower left corner the size of a squirrel and you really want to be QUITE sure the creator of said spider web is GONE or DEAD so that involved squirting cleaner down in THERE a LOT of it, etc. I was standing back and I was like all satisfied like, "YES! As I pictured in my mind's eye...." Well the husband came wandering by and was like "That looks NEW." I was like, "Yes, my love, you say that all the time."

Only a scant 5 minutes later I fired up the crevice device to see how much dirt and grime I could get out of the fake stone, the husband came scurrying up and went "DON'T USE THAT IN THE FIREPLACE."

I was like, "Listen, jerk, do you think someone who could get that thing clean would not know about ASHES? I know the disaster that would happen next and I am going nowhere NEAR what is IN the fire place...." He was like, "Oh, good...." Like I was some kind of twit. I have made ZERO cleaning mistakes THUS far and have now leveled up another 18 levels, thanks to the knowledge of the best and most pleasant way to deal with weeds." He STILL has to TELL me how to clean like he knows better than me. I keep patiently saying, "My dear husband.... Please remember, if I do not know how to clean some arcane substance I COME to you with questions." He never gets it.

LOL. So I imagine we will leave a couple days after I want to leave and a couple days BEFORE he wants to leave. But, I gotta get meds and my insurance and everything sorted out.

Sheesh I did a lot more than I thought I was gonna do today but I am totally TOAST. A storm is gonna blow in shortly I hope we get/do not get the GIGANTIC STEEL SECURITY DOOR the husband took down and painted up this evening. He was warning me about it. He said, "You are helping." I said, "You are making sure I do not lose an arm."

I am afraid we will both be driving this trip, husband will be driving the truck and towing his car, and I will be driving my car. If I stop to update well, it will be exhausted and grumpy in the hotel/campground. I hate my smartphone and use it as little as possible.

Of course, I am exhausted and grumpy NOW. I almost was like, "Maybe I can leave a day early" but there are a few things I promised to do.

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    When I first moved to Southern Maryland (after living in Wash. DC ~ 5 years) I couldn't get to sleep at night. There were no gunshots, sirens, and other city noise. Only a few foghorns and waves lapping. The only smell was salt water. A few years ago I visited my father who still lives there. There's no way I could live there now (as much as I love the area and the people I know there), that area has grown way too much for me. Any place where there's more mountains, rivers, and trees in sight than people and cars is just fine by me.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    When I first moved to Southern Maryland (after living in Wash. DC ~ 5 years) I couldn't get to sleep at night. There were no gunshots, sirens, and other city noise. Only a few foghorns and waves lapping. The only smell was salt water. A few years ago I visited my father who still lives there. There's no way I could live there now (as much as I love the area and the people I know there), that area has grown way too much for me. Any place where there's more mountains, rivers, and trees in sight than people and cars is just fine by me.
    You had me at "the smell of salt water". You lucky duck. Sounds like a great place to live.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Close to finishing another couple bottles of juice so I need to get some new recipes together. It will be good to mix some new ones.
    I am mixing up 10ml trial run of a sweet guava and cactus recipe I saw awhile back. Seemed like it would be something I would enjoy. Can't wait to try it out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am mixing up 10ml trial run of a sweet guava and cactus recipe I saw awhile back. Seemed like it would be something I would enjoy. Can't wait to try it out.
    I hope you like it. I have a few new recipes written.Need to get my scapes of paper together and see what I got.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's a good way to try new things... small 10 ml batches. How do you like the new scale?

Users who are viewing this thread