Random DIY mixing and More

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
As I vape the acai/berry croissant more, the croissant is definitely more prominent. I might back it off a touch when I mix it next. It almost has a black pepper flavor to it. But otherwise, this is a winner. Thanks @FranC :)
Weird how it went from nearly non-existent to prominent in basically a day

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I want to mix a recipe. But I don't know what. Something simple with not too many different flavors. Can someone provide me with inspiration?

Pomegranate pudding

Vt pudding base 4%
    Tfa pomegranate 6%

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I was thinking of trying to do a candy type vape, I may still do a few today....
    but as I was digging through, forgot I had a big bottle of peanut butter....
    Actually what you mixed sounds great but also consider peanut butter banana.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    As I vape the acai/berry croissant more, the croissant is definitely more prominent. I might back it off a touch when I mix it next. It almost has a black pepper flavor to it. But otherwise, this is a winner. Thanks @FranC :)
    Weird how it went from nearly non-existent to prominent in basically a day
    Guess it needed that day of steeping

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I want to mix a recipe. But I don't know what. Something simple with not too many different flavors. Can someone provide me with inspiration?

The WF Banana Puree is fantastic when mixed with the WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream. I’ll check percentages for you. I also love WF Peach Gummy as a stand alone. TFA Key Lime with Coconut is really good too. Also good is the WF Island Mango with WF Coconut Rum. Tell me if any of these sound good to you and I’ll check Percentages for you.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ok, so what's the rule of thumb on substituting flavors in recipes? For instance say a recipe has CAP Dragonfruit, but I have TFA? Or I have TFA Marshmallow, but the recipe calls for FA?

No rules. Just look up recommended percentages. Some are stronger than others. It might taste a little different from the original but if you like it then it doesn’t matter.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok, so what's the rule of thumb on substituting flavors in recipes? For instance say a recipe has CAP Dragonfruit, but I have TFA? Or I have TFA Marshmallow, but the recipe calls for FA?
    Most times subing is fine

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    It’s TPA Key Lime 10% and TPA Coconut Extra 2.50 %. I like things really limey so you may want to reduce the percentage of it. If you don’t have that coconut I bet you could sub another one. If you use ELR just go with whatever percentage is suggested.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    It’s TPA Key Lime 10% and TPA Coconut Extra 2.50 %. I like things really limey so you may want to reduce the percentage of it. If you don’t have that coconut I bet you could sub another one. If you use ELR just go with whatever percentage is suggested.
    I have Coconut (TPA). I don't think it is the "extra" one.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Cool, I just did not know if some companies flavors were a lot stronger than others, so I wasn't sure if I could sub out or not.
    If you look up the flavors on ELR, you'll find average and median percentages. Compare the percentages for the flavor you don't have with those for the flavor you do have and adjust accordingly.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cool, I just did not know if some companies flavors were a lot stronger than others, so I wasn't sure if I could sub out or not.
    You will have to check mixing % because some flavors are stronger than others

Users who are viewing this thread