Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I had a racoon in my attic earlier this year. Paid an outfit called Critter Control $700 to get rid of it.
You got ripped off... there are other ways to deal with critters. One very easy way (and no harm to the critter) is to fill a "super soaker" squirtgun (yes a kids toy) with original Old Spice cologne and spray the attic (the smell is too much for them... they will flee) Then find ways to seal it so they don't return. The cruel way (but effective) is to get a Barretta semi-auto CO2 pellet gun or maybe a tranquilizer gun (if someone is willing to remove the critter after) Maybe even a trap with bait. Many choices but $700 is a scam (and an extra $300 to fix the screw up job)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Well today I was filling a tank with some blueberry. I knocked a pen off the desk and the dog grabbed it and ran off. He likes to chew up pens so I ran after him and retrieved it. My chair swung round and hit the keyboard tray and the bottle of juice fell on the seat. I got back and sat down on top of it. It's an old office chair with faux leather finish, a lot of the leather look skin has peeled off exposing the fabric backing so the juice sunk right in. Guess I need a new chair, now I just have a folded towel on it.
That's a classic (I feel for you, but it is very entertaining to hear stories like that ;) )

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@Shadav , I have had friends and relative with thyroid issue (some overactive, some underactive) My wife was Hypo (low)... her cousin was hyper (high) He had the treatment where they basically destroyed much of his thyroid. Before that he crazy hyperactive (literally running around in circles and screaming) He is better now and on synthroid. My wife was on that since she was 14 years old (very lucky she never needed to increase her dose) but now takes the natural supplement and says she likes it much better (and no presript needed) It has T4 and T3):
Desiccated Bovine Thyroid Supplements | Nutri-Meds™ Tablets

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Afternoon Mixers!

Yep, we may just have to eat the loss but we will contact them and see. Maybe we can get a credit or something.

The wife called them and they said any questions or concerns have to go to the home warranty company. We haven't called the warranty people yet since the wait times are insane.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The wife called them and they said any questions or concerns have to go to the home warranty company. We haven't called the warranty people yet since the wait times are insane.
    No option to leave a message?

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Yesterday I posted that I dumped the grape bubblegum mix.
    Today I trashed the pod and the coil, could not get rid of that obnoxious taste.
    Been there with other juices. But, before I ever dump a pod I'll always try a pure grain alcohol or vodka soak. It often completely removes any scent.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good evening mixers. No news here in the mixing front. I’m still liking the orange tart by Julia Su.

I need to start writing some reviews soon. I’ve got three on hand I’m testing and two on the way.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    That's a lot of mixing! I am impressed!! I pull the flavorings one recipe at a time too. It's just too confusing for me the other way and I am afraid I'd have trouble finding the flavorings if they aren't in their usual spots in the cases. :thumbs:

No need to do it all at once, but as you pull bottles to mix, write the case/side/slot on the bottle. (Or whatever indexing system you use.) :)

Have you tried here? They come up with phone numbers to get around some issues, may be worth a shot?

GetHuman: Call Companies and Fix Customer Service Issues Faster

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good evening mixers. No news here in the mixing front. I’m still liking the orange tart by Julia Su.

I need to start writing some reviews soon. I’ve got three on hand I’m testing and two on the way.
    Wow, another 2?

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    @Shadav , I have had friends and relative with thyroid issue (some overactive, some underactive) My wife was Hypo (low)... her cousin was hyper (high) He had the treatment where they basically destroyed much of his thyroid. Before that he crazy hyperactive (literally running around in circles and screaming) He is better now and on synthroid. My wife was on that since she was 14 years old (very lucky she never needed to increase her dose) but now takes the natural supplement and says she likes it much better (and no presript needed) It has T4 and T3):
    Desiccated Bovine Thyroid Supplements | Nutri-Meds™ Tablets

I don't miss those days at all, though I do miss the body I had bwahahaha
    I did a lot of crunches and pushups to try and burn off some of that excess energy....
    I can look back now and, my god, I was freaking out of my mind, though at the time I had no idea I was so bad.....I really don't know how people put up with me sometimes....add ptsd to what can only be described as a complete and utter mental/emotional/nervous breakdown, throw in some ocd with paranoia and of course insomnia and so much pent up energy on a constant emotional rollercoaster....
    there was a time when, you know how you get cravings and sometimes can't figure out what it is that you want.....yeah I did that, ate anything and everything and still couldn't figure it out, until I realized that it was salty foods I was eating mostly....it came down to where I was just eating handfuls of salt to stop the cravings.....which btw iodine is a key ingredient that the thyroid uses (would have been helpful to have known that back then)

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    meh....gonna call that one a fail.....
    but it makes a somewhat ok liquorice :blink:
    with hints of bar soap :lol:
    tfa french vanilla cream 9%
    pur lemon sicilian 1.5%
    vt sour lemon 1.5%
    inw cactus .20%

i've been vaping on it all day trying to give it a chance....wasn't sure at first if it was just the leftover juice on the wick....but after vaping all day it's still funky....I may rewick and give it another shot but.....

some flavors just don't mix well, sounded good in my head....

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @Shadav if you haven't read this site, you might want to it's the case for desiccated thyroid and why it works. It gets a bit crunchy but the lab values are helpful. Some endocrinologists are willing to go this route-- when I moved to Douglas I imported Thai dessicated thyroid (not a crime, it's considered a supplement) I call it "Thai baby" supplement because it works so dang well. I order my own labs you can in AZ

I would go on but well, yeah, thyroid SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS and how uneducated so many docs are SUUUUUCKKKKKSS.

I tried Synthroid twice and like, never again. It just does not work.

I will not go on in this post other than to say good morning (shortly) to those of you reading the last post holy goodness because I hope to be in bed. I'm just staying up to make sure I don't die, and my hands don't lose actual function. This shall happen in the next post and congrats (@FranC concrete monster) to those who deserve it even those that do not (chair person sorry forget who like I mushy brain.) I Hope you all have nice tomorrows because it is like the night of the living dead out there, for me.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    So I am here in Douglas. The husband is still in Tucson. I am someone who learns things fast (except painting, painting is horrible man) and well, I went down there and exceeded my deadline and I am a person who LIKES to meet deadlines and I RETURNED because I had not been able to due to the fact the husband kept needing help. I helped him TWICE more with the concrete, we went through one ton of concrete, and it SUUUUCKS. The shoveling the endless turning machine, the ritualistic spraying of the water. At first, I was like a small child flailing around but by day 2 it was so much easier I even HELPED the husband extra in the afternoon in the desperate hopes HE would get done (husband does not meet personal deadlines.

So I got up and said, "I am doing all my inside things today, you have to hang the mirror (this huge antique mirror he SAID he would hang) and do like two tiny things inside. Oh right, get his CRAP out of there and deflate the air mattress.. He had done NONE of this by like 3 pm and also had NOT used my services to put the security door back on the hinges because he was all fiddling around with stuff.

I went and I was like, "I cannot meet my DEADLINE if you do not do what you say you will when, massive arguing happened much of my stuff got done (under protest) and I was ABLE TO MEET MY DEADLINE. By five seconds. I was literally changing as they drove up.

Anyway the real estate agent was very emphatic enough had been done she said she was returning on Friday to take a picture of the front and "all tools had to be put away or gone." She did also say like, the sheds were fine so great.

Anyway it rained all the way up here I wasn't hungry but I am a bit now I should probably eat more and whatnot.

The real estate agent whispered "get him out of here." I was like, "I. Have. Been. Trying."

Work deadlines? NOT a problem just this I left As Soon as I could it rained all the way up it was dark and the house smelled AWFUL. I had managed to turn off any and all A/C; I think Douglas has swamp gasses that build up because we just do NOT smell like that and nothing was spoiling. The transition was jarring but restful in a way. I can do stuff I can't do before. Etc. So like whatevs.

Then as I continued to attack the car (it was full) feral dogs showed up and that was not pleasant at all. I threw rocks at them I yelled at them but they were surprisingly bold. Not a fan of feral dogs I mean I called 911 to deal with them and stuff. Lots of kids out and about the new thing is skateboarding out of the house because your parents aren't at work so you can steal their car.

I give up I hope the stupid house sells fast and my hands, not of my own volition are reaching toward my neck trying to kill me for putting me in so much pain. Was that Dr. Strangelove?

Night all.

ANna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I am here in Douglas. The husband is still in Tucson. I am someone who learns things fast (except painting, painting is horrible man) and well, I went down there and exceeded my deadline and I am a person who LIKES to meet deadlines and I RETURNED because I had not been able to due to the fact the husband kept needing help. I helped him TWICE more with the concrete, we went through one ton of concrete, and it SUUUUCKS. The shoveling the endless turning machine, the ritualistic spraying of the water. At first, I was like a small child flailing around but by day 2 it was so much easier I even HELPED the husband extra in the afternoon in the desperate hopes HE would get done (husband does not meet personal deadlines.

So I got up and said, "I am doing all my inside things today, you have to hang the mirror (this huge antique mirror he SAID he would hang) and do like two tiny things inside. Oh right, get his CRAP out of there and deflate the air mattress.. He had done NONE of this by like 3 pm and also had NOT used my services to put the security door back on the hinges because he was all fiddling around with stuff.

I went and I was like, "I cannot meet my DEADLINE if you do not do what you say you will when, massive arguing happened much of my stuff got done (under protest) and I was ABLE TO MEET MY DEADLINE. By five seconds. I was literally changing as they drove up.

Anyway the real estate agent was very emphatic enough had been done she said she was returning on Friday to take a picture of the front and "all tools had to be put away or gone." She did also say like, the sheds were fine so great.

Anyway it rained all the way up here I wasn't hungry but I am a bit now I should probably eat more and whatnot.

The real estate agent whispered "get him out of here." I was like, "I. Have. Been. Trying."

Work deadlines? NOT a problem just this I left As Soon as I could it rained all the way up it was dark and the house smelled AWFUL. I had managed to turn off any and all A/C; I think Douglas has swamp gasses that build up because we just do NOT smell like that and nothing was spoiling. The transition was jarring but restful in a way. I can do stuff I can't do before. Etc. So like whatevs.

Then as I continued to attack the car (it was full) feral dogs showed up and that was not pleasant at all. I threw rocks at them I yelled at them but they were surprisingly bold. Not a fan of feral dogs I mean I called 911 to deal with them and stuff. Lots of kids out and about the new thing is skateboarding out of the house because your parents aren't at work so you can steal their car.

I give up I hope the stupid house sells fast and my hands, not of my own volition are reaching toward my neck trying to kill me for putting me in so much pain. Was that Dr. Strangelove?

Night all.

ANna
    Well, I’m glad you’re finally out of there and hope you’re getting some much needed sleep. Now you need to get your husband out of there also.I’ve only had one run in with feral dogs. Got the kids inside and they left pretty quickly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. Yesterday was tough at work. I’m usually pretty good at troubleshooting at my work but have one that is really throwing me for a loop. The machine has intermittent issues and is changing symptoms. I gave the guy a quote that’s hopefully high enough that he will just buy a new unit. I called the factory for help twice and they weren’t much help.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning. Yesterday was tough at work. I’m usually pretty good at troubleshooting at my work but have one that is really throwing me for a loop. The machine has intermittent issues and is changing symptoms. I gave the guy a quote that’s hopefully high enough that he will just buy a new unit. I called the factory for help twice and they weren’t much help.
    Good morning, hitt :) Sounds like a new unit is the best way to go .

Users who are viewing this thread