Random DIY mixing and More

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I am doing that myself. I'm not a mechanic per se, but I'm very mechanically inclined. Brakes are pretty easy for me, especially disk brakes. I replaced all the rotors and pads myself last year. I didn't get around to the front brakes yesterday due to lack of time. But I ordered a wheel stud and lugnut, and replacing a stud is something I've never done before. It's weird that this Kia soul has a different stud for the rear and front. Finding the rear stud locally was impossible, as they couldn't find it online either, but I found a genuine kia stud online for like $10. Typically the generic ones they sell at an auto store are like a dollar. I appreciate your offer for advice and may need it for that!! :)
As mechanically inclined as I am, there was no fixing the bathroom faucet. It cracked on the inside and that's why it "exploded", so.. I believe this falls under a manufacturer defect. Good thing it has a 10 year limited warranty on such things, so I'll be reaching out to that company asap.
What a great way to start the day, but.. how the tides can turn. When grocery shopping last night, they finally had our frozen vegan pizza we like in stock after being out of stock for months and months. So I loaded up on those like some degenerate hoarder. Mine!! :D I suspect there's probably like one other person who buys them (sorry, not sorry stranger! :lol:) There are other vegan pizzas but none of them are good and way too expensive for not much pizza at all.
What brand of vegan pizza do you buy?

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Question for the DTL'ers, low ohm, medium to high watts.
    Do you use 50pg/50vg,40pg/60vg or 30pg/70vg?

Yes it's not easy. I mean in Dynamics which is more indicative of mechanical engineering (well so is thermo) he's got an easy A. I forgive him for struggling...we all do in life and in college. But what I'm peeved about is I kept asking how he was doing and I kept getting the "OK", or "ummm yeah", or a blank stare. I knew something was up. So I'm peeved about the lying or leaving out relevant information. If he had told me sooner I would have tutored him as I have done many many times in the past. After I tutored him in circuits he finally understood it and made an A. I have tutored people in algebra my entire adult life so I'm a pretty good teacher (my first love...I always wanted to be a math teacher). He just stayed mum about it all. If he had mentioned it he could have dropped. I think he's learned a valuable lesson. I told him of everybody he knows I know EXACTLY what he's going through as I have the same degree and I went through all the same classes. I had a long burnout in college where I didn't think I would finish. I told him I kept seeing me in the job I've always wanted making the dough I deserved to get me over the hump. This will be a tiny spot in a long life when he looks back on it and he just needs to get through it. I told him one day you will also be telling YOUR children about a failed class and how you handled it while you lecture them. :wub:

That sounds a lot like the chemistry class my daughter had to finish online last semester and failed. We would ask her how it was going and she would say ok. The professor and TA were horrible and she ended up failing it. She took it again this summer and got a high B.

Aren't they just the greatest? I love the ergonomics--they just fit my hand like a glove. The most comfortable mod I've ever owned. And simple to use, and does TC well. What's not to like?

Hmm... maybe I should get two? :D

Or four.

I have the Colossal.

I don't have Kromas, and I don't have Pegasus. Wait, Pegasus? The old Pegasus? :blink:

I didn't like the colossal. I have both of those kormas and like them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Morning, mixers.

Need to go out and mow the dandelions. Even though we've not had rain for so long my toe webs are starting to crack, and the grass hasn't grown an in since the last time, they're nearing a foot tall.... do they steal all the water?

1858478.gif
    The only thing that grows in the summer is weeds.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I was worried about the shipping of my new pressure washer from Lowe’s. They sent the surface cleaner attachment the next day. And it looked like they were saying all delivered and it had me worried. I looked this morning and the tracking page changed to a Monday delivery so now I feel better. I’m excited and want to do my driveway. I see an off day in my future.

Son withdrew from his class and I don’t think it affects his scholarship. Sigh. I told him I failed psychology because I hated it and just quit going to class so I get it. I know how hard thermo is as well. He retakes it this fall. o_O Momma is gonna have to pull from the dark recesses of her brain to help tutor him. Been a while since I had that class.

It’s Friday thank goodness.

:banana::thumbs::rickroll:
    Those surface cleaners are 5x faster.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just remembered this week that I had an amazon order. The package was too big for the mailbox. So instead of walking it up to put on the stoop, they just left it in the grass below my mailbox. Anyone could have picked it up. :mad:
    Mailman isn't that lazy here. Postal folks will leave on the front porch if not fit in box.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Mailman isn't that lazy here. Postal folks will leave on the front porch if not fit in box.
    Normally that's what they do. I do have a challenging driveway but leaving it out in the open for all to see is not acceptable.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I just remembered this week that I had an amazon order. The package was too big for the mailbox. So instead of walking it up to put on the stoop, they just left it in the grass below my mailbox. Anyone could have picked it up. :mad:

That's strange. My Amazon packages are always brought to my front porch. Odd.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    FedEx delivered my daughter's prom dress to the wrong address. She was absolutely devastated, we kept calling FedEx, they were insisting that the package had been delivered. It was a nightmare. Luckily our neighbors had the presence of mind to notice that the package thrown on their front porch was not addressed to them--and they brought it to our house. :lol:
    There's going to be a prom? Will everyone be wearing masks that match their finery?

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I didn't like the colossal.

I have two Amodus mods--bought them last year when they were on 50% off sale. Colossal and Tribaut. Good mods, but not my favs.

BTW, got my Ares 2. Mixed feelings so far, but it's growing on me--slowly. Somehow, I expected more. How's yours? Are you any happier with it?

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Normally that's what they do. I do have a challenging driveway but leaving it out in the open for all to see is not acceptable.
    Had 3 packages so faer left inside the elevator (I live on 1st). Delivery driver would buzz the door, get in. I'd hear elevator going up. Then it would open with the package sitting on the floor, nobody inside. Happened 3 times. Since I order a lot of stuff recently I'm not sure if that's the same delivery driver r even the same company, or is it some common practice during lockdown here in UK. Crazy- If I didn't open the door to wait for the delivery driver to brig it to my door I wouldn't even see it, it would stay inside the elevator until someone found it and either brought it to me or kept it....

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    They usually drive in the driveway but some walk. It isn't far by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread