The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I had two brothers, two husbands, and one kid. I cannot even TELL you how many times I have tuned out boasts of that sort.

I have enjoyed ONE and one video game only, and it's the one where you get to be the band? I am the trained singer so I got to have the microphone. I knew a lot of the songs. Like I know all the words to the song about driving your car drunk up onto the lawn and into the house and asking your gf to forgive you.

There were some rather rapid Red Hot Chili songs on there, only I DISCOVERED, upon experimentation (with any tool, I try to break it in all possible ways as I go to figure out how it works. Including clinical software but I tend to deemphasize that part on interviews and often I find KILLER shortcuts.

So, I discovered that game does not track word usage AT ALL. IT tracks PITCH and it tracks rhythm. I spent the rest of the day going "Na nana nannana nana an" and getting scores of 100% even if I was not READING the words, I just vaguely knew the songs. My mom got mad at some point (I understand mah creativity does not like sit well with some rule bound individuals) but I was like, "It's okay mom, I will take over the tambourines if you would like to take over the music, but our combined score is gonna DROP."

This is why like lots of people won't play games with me and I don't think it's fair. But, nowhere in that "Game" does it say, "You need to enunciate all the words perfectly to get a 100%."

But, I may try to find, one day, in WV a game night because I really do like playing games and it will be a WHOLE new challenge as it is new personalities. Knowing the personality of your opponent is almost as important as knowing the rules, so I should have some losing ahead of me. It's good for the soul. They have a college, I'm sure I could finally learn that card game that everyone went nuts about with all the spells and crud.

Anan

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yes, it fixes the tootsie roll but makes it worse IMO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No no

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I agree

• Like Like x 1
  5. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What a bad week. Just found out that an employee of my company died of Covid. He was in the hospital for three months including on a ventilator and rehab as he was recovering. A month at home and he was readmitted and just died. :(

Today 8 employees in my division were permanently let go due to budget cuts. :(

Also found out that the data in my program is not recoverable so it will all have to be re-input as I suspected...manually. :eek: Guess what I’ll be doing all weekend? Since I know how to do it, I get to fix someone else’s screw up. :mad: I am fit to be tied.

I am so glad that I can retire in 31 days. I will feel so much safer getting my time in. I still don’t know when we go back. I do know that our two required face masks they are giving us won’t be available until August 17-22th so it won’t be until then. I dread it. I don’t want us catching Covid.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Love Love x 3
  6. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I can't like this, given what's happened, I can't even click the optimistic button. I'm sorry for the person who died, those who were let go, and you for the PIA of all that manual re-entry. Fingers crossed that you don't have to go in for as long as possible. I'm with you in counting the days.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you get called back before that you can wear your own face masks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That’s all pretty horrid. I hope your 31 days go quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    My company is awesome about Covid. They will never make us go back without the masks they provide. You wouldn’t believe how awesome they are. They are on top of it and our safety has been their #1 priority. We have to do health checks every three days now, they will be providing two masks per person (~80,000 total), they will give us hand sanitizer with refill stations all over, only 50% occupancy in every building, they are randomly testing us all now and my name could be picked at any time, on-site Covid testing, paid time off due to Covid, all kinds of help and resources. Just awesome. Makes me proud.

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  10. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Aww thank you. So sweet...:wub:

• Like Like x 3
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is certainly pretty wonderful of them :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’ll be breaking out another mix tomorrow. Mixing session is getting closer so I better start working on what to mix.

• Like Like x 4
  13. WhiteHighlights

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'm counting the days to 'vacation'. I have to work on Monday (month end and payroll) but on Tuesday, depending ISAIAH tracking, we're off to VT for a month. Due to COVID and my county, we have to quarantine for 14 days. Normally, I'd drive back and forth a couple of times during the month but this VT rule really messes things up. I'm just staying up there so by mid-month I can enjoy it! We're trying to cover all the bases and figure out how we'll pack everything, so much stuff for us and the dang cat. My DIY supplies are also must haves. The 2 wks of house confinement will be tough, we're used to taking daily walks as allowed here in MA (VT says no walks, no hikes, or trips to a store). I hope the weather cooperates so at least we can go for a swim. For work, a remote office, on the porch of a cottage on a lake isn't so bad. And if we do need something, I have cousins close by that can shop for us. It's going to be a strange vacation.

• Like Like x 8
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    VT is right next door, but pretty sure you’d be able to walk here.

• Like Like x 4
  15. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    That sounds nice to me. I’m stir crazy sitting in this house all the time. I love working from home, but we just need to take a drive or something. Have fun!

• Like Like x 6
  16. WhiteHighlights

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    My great-great grandfather bought a summer camp on the lake back around 1911. I've gone up there since I was 3 months old (and got chicken pox that first summer too!). This is my last summer there (sold my share). It's our 30th anniversary and we've celebrated each year at the lake with lobsters & champagne. It's a special time and place for us. It's sad that this is how it ends.

VT has strict rules based on the county you're from in MA. I'm in a big one with cities which have higher COVID rates than VT so they make you quarantine. If I was in western MA, I'd be fine. My little town has a low rate but that doesn't matter. I'm lucky I can work remotely and extend the time up there to get through the quarantine period and have time to enjoy it afterwards.

• Like Like x 9
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope you have a great time :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I wish we all have happier days to come, and I hope we can all enjoy the happiness inherently available to anyone who choses to pluck it from the light, not matter how dark the circumstances involved.

Do what you can; do what you should; laugh.

Anna

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I experimented with FA cocoa and chocolate when I vaped coffee eliquids--a little bit added a nice dimension to cappuccino or cafe latte, but it was a coil killer. Tasted like a nice mocha with coffee and cream.

HIC's (@HeadInClouds) flavor notes:

FA Cocoa and FA Chocolate: If you’re familiar with cocoa manufacturing, think of FA Chocolate as chocolate liquor before the cocoa butter is added, and think of FA Cocoa as cocoa powder. The two flavorings are often used together as the beginning of a complete chocolate flavor. FA Chocolate can taste like Hershey’s syrup or chocolate liqueur, depending on the other flavorings you use with it. If you have chocolate extract in your kitchen, notice FA Chocolate smells just the same. When chocolate extract is used in cooking, it’s often used with cocoa powder - which is the flavor of FA Cocoa. When using Cocoa and Chocolate together, more Cocoa than Chocolate gives you darker chocolate flavor. For milk chocolate use more Chocolate and less Cocoa. The two together are still not a candy bar flavor - you’ll have to add milky/sweet/caramel notes with other flavorings. Acetyl pyrazine is a secret weapon for chocolate vapes, but it doesn’t have to be used in pure form. Bakery type flavors like FA Cookie or TFA Cheesecake Graham can serve the same purpose while adding bakery or creamy notes. Many tobacco flavorings and most nut flavors contain acetyl pyrazine, if you’re interested in experimenting. Like many other dark-colored flavorings, too much Cocoa can clog your wick/coil fairly quickly, and too much power will give you a burnt flavor. If you’re sub-ohming, beware. If you’re using more basic hardware, you’re in luck, because Cocoa is one amazing flavor when vaped at higher resistance. The higher quality your nicotine base is, the better Cocoa and Chocolate will taste. That’s true of most flavors, but the difference with these two can be drastic. If you’re not sure of your nic quality, try vaping Cocoa (or a recipe containing it) with your usual nic base versus 0 mg, using identical hardware. If the difference is stunning, your nic is interfering with your flavors."

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    ug....still can't really taste strawberry.....
    but it's still good, I get a hint of strawberry
    I've been on a lemon kick but not happy with anything I've made....

so decided to try to make a Strawberry Limeade

I mix 3 different strawberries together in equal parts to get a good strawberry flavor (it's the only way I can even barely taste it), but you could just use whatever strawberry at 6% if you want
    fw strawberry 2%
    pur strawberry ripe 2%
    euro flavor sweet strawberry 2%
    (or sub whatever strawberry at 6%)
    tfa key lime 2%
    vt sour lemon 2%
    tfa dragonfruit 2%
    (optional, to help add some moisture and mouthfeel)
    inw cactus .2%
    lb fresh cream .2%
    (optional to add cooling effect)
    ws-23 .2%

wish I could taste the strawberry (I was hoping the dragonfruit would help with my strawberry blind) but even still it's pretty taste in my opinion

• Like Like x 5