Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    How much base do you usually mix? Last time I made a premix I went all out and made a litre and I am surprised at how fast that has actually been used up. Premixing saves so much time and effort for me....Should have started it long before I actually did....

:)
    I've just done 4 120ml bottles forever. More recently I added a 250ml bottle to that. It doesn't take long to mix the base. I'm usually not so lazy about it....LOL

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You probably don't need to. They're very similar but I find the FLV has thicker mouthfeel than FA Cream Fresh. They pretty much do the same thing though so no, you probably don't need it. I just threw the FLV out there because you were asking for a cream that is not sweet. :laugh:
    So the FA Fresh Cream isn't sweet either? Funny I've mixed with it here and there forever but never did a flavor tester.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I brought a heat wave with me to Washington State - the average high temperature here is 75 degrees in July and August. It was in the mid to high nineties for the past few days and most houses in the area don't have central air. It is unusual to need it. The heat broke today so I figured it was time to get some things done.

I unpacked my flavors today and am sure glad I vac sealed them in bags because several leaked. :( I got them reorganized into my train cases after wiping and wiping and wiping off the spills. The room smells rather incredible. :) I didn't lose much - the only one that almost completely leaked was the VTA Fizzy Sherbet (WHY oh WHY couldn't it have been the Blood Orange Champagne?) I filled my mixing bottles with VG, PG, and Nic plus mixed up the unflavored base. I don't use that for big batches but it great for testers and smallish batches. All in all, a productive day!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I received the FE lemon today. I’m going to try some in a cranberry Fuji mix.

That is what is in my Cranberry and Fuji mix. Still loving it. I have been on a Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne kick this week but will switch back to the Cran-Apple soon. I vape Fizzy Pink Lemonade in between. It is all good!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    How much base do you usually mix? Last time I made a premix I went all out and made a litre and I am surprised at how fast that has actually been used up. Premixing saves so much time and effort for me....Should have started it long before I actually did....

:)
    I do a litre at a time. I’m lazy, and you’re right...it goes waaaaaay faster than you think it will

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do a litre at a time. I’m lazy, and you’re right...it goes waaaaaay faster than you think it will
    I'm getting close to a litre as I acquire more bottles from my nic stash. 730ml will do fine. I really don't make a habit out of mixing so much.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    So the FA Fresh Cream isn't sweet either? Funny I've mixed with it here and there forever but never did a flavor tester.

It's not something I would vape as a single flavor, not even as a tester. When I first started mixing I opted for sweet creams but eventually bought FA Cream Fresh and subbed that into recipes where I would normally use sweet cream and I can definitely tell it is more of a straight light cream with no off notes or discernible sweetness. I actually get more use from FA Vienna Cream because it's a much thicker cream with just a touch of sweetness.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I put 1% of Cream Fresh in the Espresso (dumped the tank back in the bottle so it's close). That way I'm only changing one thing at time. I know it has to have time to mix but it smells like that might be what it needed to calm the bitter Espresso flavor.
    Put Cappuccino in. Espresso on the wick is enough of the coffee it was missing. The three swap wicks like my Fuzzy Navel and Strawberry-Peach.

I remembered to remove the .1ml of Cream Fresh from inventory :thumb:

It's not something I would vape as a single flavor, not even as a tester. When I first started mixing I opted for sweet creams but eventually bought FA Cream Fresh and subbed that into recipes where I would normally use sweet cream and I can definitely tell it is more of a straight light cream with no off notes or discernible sweetness. I actually get more use from FA Vienna Cream because it's a much thicker cream with just a touch of sweetness.

Cream Fresh has a great smell that makes me want it, but yeah, I don't think I'd vape it alone.

Reactions: Letitia

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have that one also:)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I brought a heat wave with me to Washington State - the average high temperature here is 75 degrees in July and August. It was in the mid to high nineties for the past few days and most houses in the area don't have central air. It is unusual to need it. The heat broke today so I figured it was time to get some things done.

The break is much appreciated for us locals :) The week before you came west, we were running almost 20 degrees above average...

But going back up Sunday, Monday... and a lot of us are rock/movie/music stars, since we have a lot of fans :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Let me know if it’s sweet. It sounds good! What are you planning to mix it with...besides cheesecake ;)
    That depends if it's sweet or tart. If it's tart it will be more versatile for me. Could be used to lessen sweetness in any mix.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The break is much appreciated for us locals :) The week before you came west, we were running almost 20 degrees above average...

But going back up Sunday, Monday... and a lot of us are rock/movie/music stars, since we have a lot of fans :lol:

Oh no, don't tell me that! :confused: My daughter and her husband are already thinking of installing central air in the house they bought. I was shocked that the houses here don't have central air, but I do come from the DC swamp. LOL

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Made Tiramisu and Cappuccino in 15ml. Ended up increasing the FA Cappuccino, I'd already put it in EJC so it seemed the thing to do otherwise I wasted all that time clicking the up button and making a note. Also increased the Cinnamon Shisha in Tiramisu, I'd forgotten all about that being there.
    Remembered to click to remove them from inventory. Baby steps.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Made Tiramisu and Cappuccino in 15ml. Ended up increasing the FA Cappuccino, I'd already put it in EJC so it seemed the thing to do otherwise I wasted all that time clicking the up button and making a note. Also increased the Cinnamon Shisha in Tiramisu, I'd forgotten all about that being there.
    Remembered to click to remove them from inventory. Baby steps.
    Inventory seems tedious to me. I have all my flavors listed and when I see I'm getting low I buy another. Works for me.:)

Users who are viewing this thread