Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I know this is heresy to most people, but milk chocolate is too sweet to eat. I prefer the deep, slightly bitter of dark. Haven’t vaped chocolate in ages because it tasted BLECH!! But, one thing y’all have taught me is DIY juice is a whole different taste world from commercial juices. I’m looking forward to what you think of the VT
    Shouldn't be a long steep. I'll try it in a couple days.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried the VT white chocolate with raspberry. Flavor is really good, but lacked mouth feel. I added meringue ( I think :blink:) and brought it with me to try tomorrow. I don’t like a lot of “feel” to a juice, so I have to assume the flavor would need boosting with something for you normal people
    I'm not normal..............

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am working on a Raspberry Basil Sorbet or Sherbet or Granita - TBD. I mixed three testers using three different creams to see if I like any of them. Tiny testers just to test the creams. I might end of going with meringue since Sorbets and Granitas don't have any dairy in them. This is just the beginning of the journey - get the right mix of raspberry flavors and the right cream (if I decide to use it at all) and move on from there. Maybe this can serve as sort of a cream tester though I only used three - FA Cream Fresh, FLV Cream, and VTA Sweet Cream. I already know that I don't like TFA Sweet Cream - it tastes very cheesy to me but I have heard through the grapevine that the cheese settles down with a steep. It really didn't for me if I recall correctly.

I also mixed a tiny tester of a Dark Fruit Cider posted to the Chef's FB page by a mixer in the UK. He and I chatted a bit about it. His recipe uses TFA Champagne and I get NOTHING from that so we talked about my favorite FW Pink Champagne. He doesn't have it to try, so I mixed it up that way. It needs to steep for a week according to him but tasted great off the lick. Probably should have done a tester with TFA just for the sake of comparison. Maybe I still will.

It was fun to get back into some mixing again.
    Sounds interesting.:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I’ve never mixed with boozy flavors before. My mix yesterday of abc/Ky bourbon/ spiced peach smelled like alcohol ( the isopropyl kind, not the AHH fixes a long day kind). Does that steep out, or? My abc is the SC not VG, if that makes a difference. My first mix with ky bourbon didn’t smell like this, but I also mixed it at a lower %

None of my boozy flavors smell all that boozy to me, except for TFA Creme de Menthe. I just leave the bottle open for a bit after mixing and the strong alcohol smell goes away.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Some of the RF SC flavors are pg & alcohol base, just let it breathe for about an hour then purge and your set.
    Lots of flavors are alcohol based and need to steep with the cap off. But some of them take a lot longer than an hour.
    And what is meant by purge? Not sure what you mean?

:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I am glad I did little today because I start at the jail on Monday. I have NO CLUE if like, they intervened, or if like BabyLightNavelGazer was just a horrible person. But, I don't much care at this point. I'll just start, and then see how it goes, and 3.hour daily commute that is the one thing I did not cancel, well I'll get to it if even a smidgen of what the kid said was true (although I'm betting if it happens it's at night, and also, betting the kid was maybe not 100% clear in his observations from the vantage point of 16 hits of acid, because in my OPINION that is not when you are at your most CLEARHEADED.

I'm almost scared to tell him, he was so happy when he thought I MIGHT not work there, despite the fact that like, it would keep me out of the poor house.

And, although I've never been imprisoned, I would have to think that the mere fact of imprisonment would have to make you kind of bitter, even IF you like, didn't totally deserve it (which he so, so did.)

All boozy flavors on the morrow, the husband was back asleep. Apart from one nanny position, I had a very difficult time not being smug with some of them, so I just used a standard, "I must withdraw my position, I'm so sorry I've accepted employment elsewhere. Okay, so OCD family I really had to write and unwrite several times, "I'm afraid I've accepted a position at the jail and I think they care more about the emotional well being of their charges THERE than you do."

It was tempting but I don't want to be "that person" at least 100% of the time. LOL.

Anna

ETA: it's going to be ALL boozy flavor mixes, ALL day long tomorrow. Heh.

Omg! That’s fantastic! After ALL that stress and they hired you!! Congratulations! I hope it works out. If it doesn’t you’ve now found out there’s still lots of other opportunities available to you!! Way to Go Anna!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    That’s the same problem I’ve been having. My current tester has 10% cranberry. I’m letting it steep a little.

I guess I’ll give it a few more days then test it. Maybe make some tweaks if needed at that point.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am glad I did little today because I start at the jail on Monday. I have NO CLUE if like, they intervened, or if like BabyLightNavelGazer was just a horrible person. But, I don't much care at this point. I'll just start, and then see how it goes, and 3.hour daily commute that is the one thing I did not cancel, well I'll get to it if even a smidgen of what the kid said was true (although I'm betting if it happens it's at night, and also, betting the kid was maybe not 100% clear in his observations from the vantage point of 16 hits of acid, because in my OPINION that is not when you are at your most CLEARHEADED.

I'm almost scared to tell him, he was so happy when he thought I MIGHT not work there, despite the fact that like, it would keep me out of the poor house.

And, although I've never been imprisoned, I would have to think that the mere fact of imprisonment would have to make you kind of bitter, even IF you like, didn't totally deserve it (which he so, so did.)

All boozy flavors on the morrow, the husband was back asleep. Apart from one nanny position, I had a very difficult time not being smug with some of them, so I just used a standard, "I must withdraw my position, I'm so sorry I've accepted employment elsewhere. Okay, so OCD family I really had to write and unwrite several times, "I'm afraid I've accepted a position at the jail and I think they care more about the emotional well being of their charges THERE than you do."

It was tempting but I don't want to be "that person" at least 100% of the time. LOL.

Anna

ETA: it's going to be ALL boozy flavor mixes, ALL day long tomorrow. Heh.
    I do hope you're happy with the job. Congrats:) I think.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    Would you suggest I add more base? I did a 5ml tester in a 10ml bottle.

You can always try it at 1% and see what happens. I see people over at ELR using it higher. Maybe it's just me that finds that flavor incredibly strong and incredibly tart. :confused:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You can always try it at 1% and see what happens. I see people over at ELR using it higher. Maybe it's just me that finds that flavor incredibly strong and incredibly tart. :confused:
    I'm hoping to have similar tastebuds.

Users who are viewing this thread