The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    No worries, we're here bouncing ideas off each other for good reason. I once used 3 lemon flavors at a total of 33% of the mix and nothing else but some sweetener. Crazy, right? Best damn lemonade flavor juice I ever tasted. I caught a bit of flack and a few raised eyebrows at using flavoring at 33% lol. But it was good lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    It’s rained here every day. And I need coils. Come on down, solve both our problems lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's what Zeppola is (although I haven't tried it but everyone mentions the powdered sugar aspect)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Krazys karma

Krazys karma Senior Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    She will put my coils or two or three coils in a small bottle with a lid and put extremely hot water in there and then she will shake it up for a couple of minutes. And you can see the color of the water just getting dark. We use just a little juice bottle like maybe an 8 oz bottle and we only put maybe a couple ounces of hot water in it. Shake for a couple of minutes empty the dirty water out refill again with hot water Shake again for another minute or so when you take the coils out put your finger on the bottom of the hole and you can put your mouth on the top to blow out the excess water. That the really helps and then just lay them out on a paper towel for a few days. There as good as new can't tell the ones that have been brought back from a brand new ones.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Krazys karma

Krazys karma Senior Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    From what I've read and what everyone has said it taste like a doughnut at a higher % and a fried cake at a lower %. I may have the %s backwards . But the powder sugar I didn't no it was in there.

• Like Like x 3
  6. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There are no rules to DIY

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Vendor juice is over flavored and over sweetened.DIY is much easier on coils if you don’t need a lot of sweetener.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning random folks :)Have you any plans today?

• Like Like x 7
  9. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Use code ECF6 for a discount at bcf.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I never had that luck refurbishing drop in coils. It's the wicking that goes bad and not the wire.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Hey, You come up here and mow my lawn and I'll head down south and make you some coils. The last time I was in NO was the day before Katrina. We were there for a week and everyone was saying don't worry they never hit NO. We got up at 3.00 on Sat morning for an early flight home so we heard the bad news before most people were awake. Got a cab to airport and escaped, a couple of hours later you couldn't find a cab. I sent a bunch of postcards the day before we left so I had to call everyone I sent a card to and tell them I made it out.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. DLKnives

DLKnives Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    GOOD Morning Sleepy Headed Mixers! :closedeyes:

I'm up after 2 hours sleep, so later I will :closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes:.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  13. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Thanks, SMT. Would you consider this a base? And notes? Yes, please. I'll link to them, too.

I'm terrible at names and, in any case, for recipes favor the utilitarian over the clever.

Later . . . Just noticed there are already versions of this and your caramel in the blog. You posted them here for Mel on June 5. The butterscotches differ a little. Does this latest supersede the first? For now, I've included both as versions 1 and 2?

• Like Like x 7
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Well I have all my flavors located and two bottles of just "base" so I need to figure out some mixes including a repeat of "Mom" juice but i cannot find my marscapone filling which is what made it so awesome. I bet it's there.

Things to do: Wrote letter for doc the husband can again make it make sense and strip it of emotion LOL.

OMG I am freaking out I have to make it to the 16th for my meds and like, that may mean once a day for one which is CRAYZEE expensive. And I need a pdoc OMG. Fortunately most of my pdoc meds are like, cheap with good rx.;

I'm ah, not having a great time. I did sleep fine without the Ambien but late and I still got up at 7. In a tiny bit here, I am going to to go to Wal Mart don't really feel a joy for it but it must be done.

Goodness. I am pretty exhausted, honestly. I have to review that kit sent. Later today.
    Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  15. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    K GLASSES and flavors should work. Then, to the walmart.

How I feel lately:

[​IMG]

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    So far today I’ve goofed off watching YouTube videos of these guys in Namibia who chase down fur seals and cut off fishing line and other ocean debris from their bodies. Heroes in my book.

I love animals. I feed the birds and squirrels and chipmunks in my yard. I throw out dried corn cobs. Every time I cut grass I have to pick up all these bare corn cobs. So cute!

I also just input two recipes into elr. I’ll be making them in a minute. Bananas foster by @dennism and vc2 by @markfm . I might make more recipes later.

We are going to Mom’s for Sunday dinner. Chicken and dumplings.

• Like Like x 12
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds yummy :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Morning, all.

Uh, laundry and football?

[​IMG]

Although it seems to me they could just have thousands of fans "zoom" in to the jumbotron :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

YEP - Once again, for the thrid time in a few months, after getting "My" last order a few days ago . . . It's day 2 of reorganizing, sorting and "thinning-the-heard" of uneccesary "Stuff" I am not going use - nor NEED - because it's either way too poweful or something I got carried away and actually purchased given all the hype to make sure I had back ups, for back ups, for back ups. . . Now it's just way to much "Stuff" . . . :facepalm:

So - If I maybe so bold to suggest, some people may want to keep their eyes on the "classes" very soon for a few things (Mods/sub-ohm tanks & coils) they may want, especially as a back up . . . ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  20. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Mixed my flavors. Mom juice is great in a potentially leaking (I am not sure yet I have found with RTAs occasionally if you turn them upside down (I use my husband's tube stand) for a while, they sort of self-correct, if it's iffy. Please don't tell anyone I do that.; LOL;. I need SOME self-respect left. Just collecting Mahself before Walmart which, I don't wanna but I need to and the sooner the better because then all I have to do is deal with my review and my med box.

I should really leave and I am gonna. Got my shakeand vape recipe for Bavarian cream pie for my review. Yah.

Anna

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1