Random DIY mixing and More

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Honda 21" self propelled, HRN216VKAA, $409 list at HD & Lowes.

The HD 15% off coupon for watching certain online workshops is worth getting for more expensive items. I dialed in at 40 min into an hour session, input my email at the end, had the coupon the next day. Ordered the mower online, picked it up at my local HD.

I really like it, see why it gets such good reviews. Today was knocking down part of the front yard that had gotten pretty ugly, an initial pass at the 3-1/2" setting. Tomorrow I'll do the back yard before we go to camp.

I'm looking at building the dvarw fl tonight, after a workout. We were running late, so grilling was at home, steaks and corn.

On the weather front, we're getting an early burst of fall. Last night got to 34, high today under 60, tonight is supposed to reach 36. It's still Summer, darn it!
Nice lawnmower. I’ve been wanting to take some of those classes at Lowe’s but I think they’ve shut them down due to Covid. Lowe’s is my favorite store. I want to work there after I retire. We don’t have a HD close to us. Summer is my fav but I gotta admit this cooler weather is nice. 34 and 36 is like Alabama’s winters! Brr. I do not like winter.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Nice lawnmower. I’ve been wanting to take some of those classes at Lowe’s but I think they’ve shut them down due to Covid. Lowe’s is my favorite store. I want to work there after I retire. We don’t have a HD close to us. Summer is my fav but I gotta admit this cooler weather is nice. 34 and 36 is like Alabama’s winters! Brr. I do not like winter.
Given both stores had the mower, I bought based on price. In store courses aren't happening nowadays, the HD one is strictly an online thing.

The Toro we got in June was such a piece of junk that I was very happy that HD took it back multiple months after purchase (dry Summer = few chances to run it, but it was clearly off after a couple of uses).

I hope you like the vc2 - it hits the spot for me flavor-wise. Steeping is good, but this one is also fine as an SNV.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I like Lowe’s too. I almost exclusively shop there. They had me fill out this form for ex military and I get 10% off on everything that I buy there.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I like Lowe’s too. I almost exclusively shop there. They had me fill out this form for ex military and I get 10% off on everything that I buy there.
    Right before I had my Mom’s bathroom redone last year I got Dad hooked up to the military discount. It saved them quite a bit. I designed and bought everything using his discount at Lowe’s. Her bathroom is so pretty! :rolleyes: A neutral gray paint was so hard to find but I finally found it! Once Covid dies down I’m going to have Dad’s bathroom gutted and redone.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Pretty sure HD does the military discount also.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I mixed this one a couple weeks ago and couldn’t stand not trying it. I like it but feel like it needs some sweetener or something.

1c7b06d9f91ef7a0ad8ca1d4ea9c6fd9.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    @Zazie per yours and @NolaMel's request...

Creamy Butterscotch recipe ( 30ml ):

FW Butterscotch Ripple 3.7%
    FA Butterscotch 2%
    FW Natural Butterscotch 10 drops (for 30ml)
    FA Madagascar Vanilla (Vanilla Classic) 3%
    FA Vienna Cream 0.8%
    FLV Cream 7 drops (for 30ml)

It's good after a 1 week steep but much better at 2-3 weeks. Fully developed at 4 weeks.

Zaz, I don't know if you want my notes too??? There are tips in them for tweaking the overall butterscotch flavor and also for a less sweet version and a sweeter one.

If you want those lemme know and I will post them.

ETA: I'm no good at coming up with fancy names for stuff. :lol: If you have any ideas I'm all ears. :D

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I mixed this one a couple weeks ago and couldn’t stand not trying it. I like it but feel like it needs some sweetener or something.
    That looks good.

Hitt, what about adding 0.5-0.75% FA Vienna Cream? It would sweeten the recipe up. I don't know what it would do to the overall profile though.

Just a thought. :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have my own beliefs which I don't push on anyone. I do have a great dislike of the folks that try to push their religions.
    I watch Oak Island on occasion because it’s a fun distraction. They do find cool artifacts, but I really think the whole Templar part is made up for tv to get people to tune in (sort of like anything on the real housewives or khadashians etc). I do like archeology type shows, which is all I think it really is.
    Religion or not is something to be reserved for someone’s own heart. Yours is none of my business, and mine is none of yours. Keeps things copacetic

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I watch Oak Island on occasion because it’s a fun distraction. They do find cool artifacts, but I really think the whole Templar part is made up for tv to get people to tune in (sort of like anything on the real housewives or khadashians etc). I do like archeology type shows, which is all I think it really is.
    Religion or not is something to be reserved for someone’s own heart. Yours is none of my business, and mine is none of yours. Keeps things copacetic
    It does :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have hazelnut, any percent recommendations?

Cranky tired Anna say:

100% down the toilet.

Unless you'd like a nice, hazelnut aroma to emanate from your toilet in which case 100% up top and it will be lovely for a few days.

IDK that's one of those nuts that should taste good like macadamia only it doesn't. I am picky about my nutz.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I have missed the train on every chocolate flavor I have purchased, hope these are different.
    Chocolate is a tough one (coffee too) I am still trying to find the perfect one (or combination) Many are good but tend to have that "tootsie roll" flavor. I like darker chocolates and adding some Cocoa will do that but it's a total coil killer (might not be worth it) I have (WF) Chocolate chunks and it's not bad but going to try (VT) dark chocolate next. Hangsens used to have Australian chocolate but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    Sorry, I don't. I've never bought anything from them, so I haven't ended up on a mailing list. I hope someone else can help you out.
    Thanks I switched my mind again I'm gonna go with bull city. I forgot a few flavors and they have the bottles I need so gonna place order with them Monday instead.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'll just stick with graham and call it a graham cracker crust.
    I also do that. Might even throw in some croissant but then I would be breaking all the rules (of calling it a "pie crust") but I don't believe in rules anyway... if it tastes good then I don't care.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

I love the Oak Island show. Some interesting stuff definitely went on there over the centuries. Like some archeologist said on the show once, I don't know what happened here but how many barren little islands off the coast of Canada would have this much old buried stuff. The search just keeps me on the edge of my seat for some reason. Bothers me a little that the narrator is the same guy who narrates Ancient Aliens, but that's my second favorite TV show anyway. If you enjoy a show it doesn't really matter if it's true, right?

As for religion, I don't care what anyone chooses to believe until they start passing laws to make the rest of us follow their Boss's rules. I read a comment once that religion is generally spiritual and positive when it's a minority thing, but as soon it gets political power the gloves come off.

Anyway, back on earth, I finished wicking and coiling all my tanks today. In the process I used up all the coils I had in my coil box so now I have to set aside a day to wind coils. I would normally do that when it's raining but we haven't had any rain for weeks and the forecast says it will be another 10 days before we get any. At least the grass isn't growing. I heard a good thing today. There's a kid next door who I've been watching grow up since he was born. He's 14 now and I just found out today his father has given him the OK to start doing yard work for pocket money. He's been mowing his own yard for several years so I know he's OK. My mowing days might be coming to an end.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    I'll look for a code for you.
    Sorry about that spell check tends to change my words on me rite before I post. I'm good tho changed mind again going with bull city I forgot a few flavors and I can get the bottles I need. With the caps. Just got my stuff today from liquid barn. :)

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    I love the Oak Island show. Some interesting stuff definitely went on there over the centuries. Like some archeologist said on the show once, I don't know what happened here but how many barren little islands off the coast of Canada would have this much old buried stuff. The search just keeps me on the edge of my seat for some reason. Bothers me a little that the narrator is the same guy who narrates Ancient Aliens, but that's my second favorite TV show anyway. If you enjoy a show it doesn't really matter if it's true, right?

As for religion, I don't care what anyone chooses to believe until they start passing laws to make the rest of us follow their Boss's rules. I read a comment once that religion is generally spiritual and positive when it's a minority thing, but as soon it gets political power the gloves come off.

Anyway, back on earth, I finished wicking and coiling all my tanks today. In the process I used up all the coils I had in my coil box so now I have to set aside a day to wind coils. I would normally do that when it's raining but we haven't had any rain for weeks and the forecast says it will be another 10 days before we get any. At least the grass isn't growing. I heard a good thing today. There's a kid next door who I've been watching grow up since he was born. He's 14 now and I just found out today his father has given him the OK to start doing yard work for pocket money. He's been mowing his own yard for several years so I know he's OK. My mowing days might be coming to an end.
    I've never saw it. But I sure love the show naked and afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread